• Please log in to reply
505 replies to this topic

#181 Probie

Probie

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Big E isn't even a righty who can come even remotely close to filling Raffys spot. I can justify Holland overpaying to fill this void but this is retarded. I would pay Erhoff .75 million more and he is quit a bit better, thats a no brained move. BS signing. Do you guys remember how many picks over the last decade we have traded away, weve traded first, ad seconds, and we cant even cough up a 7th rounder for Wis's rights or a 4th for Erhoff? Do you guys know the odds of drafting a guy in the 7th round that would be as good a player as Wiz or a forth as good as Erhoff? The chances are way slimmer then the odds of that player signing after trading for the rights. Rediculous. I bet Holland took a gamble thinking nobody would be dealt for rights, and they would be available July 1st and he could have his pickings, well he f***ed up. He obviously dropped the ball on not being in on Erhoff rights as well from NY. In a panic he signs Erricson to this stupid contract.

#182 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

FIRE HOLLAND. ALL OF HIS PAST SUCCESS MEANS NOTHING IN THE FACE OF THIS ONE SIGNING! WE ARE RATIONAL PEOPLE---HEAR US ROAR! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Now you're just trolling this thread.

For the first time EVER, every poster on LGW agrees on something unanimously, and you have to f*** it up.

Do you actually think this was a good signing?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#183 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

I guess all one can hope for at this point is for Holland/Ericsson to prove us wrong.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#184 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Still waiting for those numbers to be confirmed as something different. Absolutely can't be right.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#185 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

franzen's contract is going to look terrible in a couple years. he's injury prone and signed till hes like 40.... i'm not a fan of that contract.... burns is a great dman. u can't just point out his faults and then say franzen has none. franzen is very injury prone. so pluses on burns... young, loads of potential on a great team like detroit, young, big, right shot....

ONE YEAR LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT.

And if you think Franzen sucks so badly, why in the hell do you think that Minnesota would want him over Setoguchi?

DURRR.

#186 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

FIRE HOLLAND. ALL OF HIS PAST SUCCESS MEANS NOTHING IN THE FACE OF THIS ONE SIGNING! WE ARE RATIONAL PEOPLE---HEAR US ROAR! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Man - you are on a streak :lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#187 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Yeah, I agree that it is REALLY overreacting to want to fire Holland after one bad move. He's been the best GM for a while now--especially since he doesn't do stupid things.

However, this one move was extremely stupid. Call a spade a spade and admit this was a stupid, stupid signing. Constantly praising Holland and belittling those criticizing him doesn't make you more of a fan. People have the right to be upset with something like this. They're upset because they care. Obviously, as a result, they're going to make those over-dramatic statements you incessantly gripe about.

I'm truly worried that this signing could set an extremely bad precedent.

How much are Kronwall and Stuart going to want? Surely, they'll want at minimum $5-5.5M now. It's tough to justify them taking much less whenf****** Ericsson is making $3.25M.

Agree. This doesn't mean Holland still isn't great, but it shows he (like all GM's) isn't always perfect.

#188 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

ericsson has done nothing but regress since he got into the league. how does he earn a 2M dollar raise?

next up yammy for 5M
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#189 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

I detest Ericsson's play and I detest the fact that he'll be with the team at all. However, I think that calling for Holland's head over it and declaring him a horrible GM over it is stupid beyond belief.

i haven't said holland's a bad GM for the record... im with you, holland is still one of the best. but this contract and the decision to have ericsson back kinda sucks. unless e is taking lessons from lids all offseason i fail to see how he lives up to that deal.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#190 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Now you're just trolling this thread.

For the first time EVER, every poster on LGW agrees on something unanimously, and you have to f*** it up.

Do you actually think this was a good signing?

I'm trolling trolls.

I hate this signing. I dislike even more that people are so dumb as to call for Holland's head over it. How many GMs in league history never made a bad signing?

#191 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

franzen's contract is going to look terrible in a couple years. he's injury prone and signed till hes like 40.... i'm not a fan of that contract.... burns is a great dman. u can't just point out his faults and then say franzen has none. franzen is very injury prone. so pluses on burns... young, loads of potential on a great team like detroit, young, big, right shot....

This

Franzen or Hossa??? :)
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#192 WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

I really gotta think Detroit just gave him that amount for another team. This isn't what Holland does. I pray we see him going to a team that needs to build up the cap.

#193 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

That must be why we've lacked success so badly during his term as GM. After all, he never managed to draft or to keep Datsyuk, Franzen or Zetterberg at reasonable prices, nor find such gems as Cleary, Samuelsson and Eaves, nor land key players like Rafalski.

Good call.

I agree, there is no reason to suggest he is worthless as a GM.

I will just let everyone rant on this one. WE ARE FRUSTRATED!!!

We are not used to being so ignored, so unimportant, so emasculated by the system. We work the system, and now the system is working us... It seems to be a sentiment that affects me in every aspect of my life but not hockey. I never ever expected to feel like we cannot win as a Red Wings fan... maybe with the refs, but not in running the team.

This offseason is starting to make me feel that way. It isn't even over and I have little faith that our team will be any better than last year, and to make things worse I am losing a few of the people that made me so confident in our dominance over the years.

Honestly, Buffalo has emerged as the type of team that could be the next Red Wings with a great owner. More reason that I think we might be ready for a big stumble when Lidstrom retires. Thank God we are a great drafting team. I hope that we somehow can get a crack at a lottery pick without having to be a lottery team so we can get a new foundation cornerstone.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#194 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

And if you think Franzen sucks so badly, why in the hell do you think that Minnesota would want him over Setoguchi?

DURRR.

because franzen was a clutch playoff performer 2 years ago bro!
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#195 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

DURRR.

we will be locked in battle forever it seems.... seriously though, i respect ur opinion, ur one of the better posters on lgw.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#196 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

I'm trolling trolls.

I hate this signing. I dislike even more that people are so dumb as to call for Holland's head over it. How many GMs in league history never made a bad signing?

Yzerman?

Edited by GMRwings1983, 30 June 2011 - 09:40 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#197 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

I really gotta think Detroit just gave him that amount for another team. This isn't what Holland does. I pray we see him going to a team that needs to build up the cap.

This has to be the case. This just isn't him, at all.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#198 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Who the hell is Mark Spizzirri? But he got one thing right. It looks very much like the best D men are not going to be available, so he didn't have a helluva lot of choice.

I also want to think that now that Ericsson is signed for a longer period, he will relax and let himself play the way he knows that he can play. Go, Big E! Go, Kenny! :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#199 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

i haven't said holland's a bad GM for the record... im with you, holland is still one of the best. but this contract and the decision to have ericsson back kinda sucks. unless e is taking lessons from lids all offseason i fail to see how he lives up to that deal.

You are making Burns out to be some sort of a God. He is not even in the top 25 D men IMO and Franzen is far greater!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#200 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

Still waiting for those numbers to be confirmed as something different. Absolutely can't be right.

Same here.

'Evolution' created by Offsides