505 replies to this topic

#301 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

Holland got a 5th and a prospect for Villef****** Leino... Just sayin'

Ville Leino scored more than Flip and Hudler this year.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#302 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

Ville Leino scored more than Flip and Hudler this year.

Okay? Your point?

#303 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

Okay? Your point?

Ville Leino was never doubted as a point producer or a solid winger, it was always the contention that he just didn't fit into the wings system. Seriously, there was a lot less risk. How can you compared to an underachieving Leino at 800,000 to Ericsson at 3.25m?

Edited by Shaman464, 01 July 2011 - 12:21 AM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#304 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:21 AM

Holland got a 5th and a prospect for Villef****** Leino... Just sayin'

Are you being sarcastic? Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

Edited by ShanahanMan, 01 July 2011 - 12:21 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#305 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

anyone think this contract is strange? I know we all seem to be baffled at it.

maybe holland has some secret agreement with a team needing to reach the cap floor to package ericsson with one of huds/flip and a prospect to land us bogosian or a young stud D man like that.

We can only hope that is the case.

#306 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

I'll be waiting till it is revealed it was a 4 year agreement and not 3 years like previously stated.

Cause there is no way Holland offered a 3 year deal worth 3.25 million per year. That's just crazzzaaayy.

Posted Image

#307 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

Wow :blink: Just wow.

I guess that increase in the cap and a weak FA market this year means that its Overpayment City. I imagine we're going to see some monster contracts for some very average FAs in the next few days.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#308 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

We can only hope that is the case.

Sounds like "Ericsson wants a bigger role,so we'll pay him more money". Translation being he is taking Rafalski' spot?...scary thought. Doesn't sound like a trade is in the works, then again, nobody signs a guy and goes to the media and says " we're looking at trading newly signed (insert name here)".
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#309 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

Sounds like we overpaid Ericsson by at least a million. I would rather overpay Wisniewski by a million, but that's just me. Or maybe it's not just me, but it's certainly not Kenny. I don't understand this move at all. :rolleyes:
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#310 DatsyukianDangles122

DatsyukianDangles122

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

While this is a bad signing, to me it looks like Holland is ready to grab Bogosian. He's been eyeing Bogosian for a while now, and Winnipeg is a team that needs to meet the floor anyway. Package with Ericsson + Hudler + a 2012 draft pick = bogosian? It would be good for Winnipeg, because they need some offensive firepower more than they need D. Ericsson and Hudler are also both great players, and a change of scenery might propel them out of their stale state. Holland's too smart to make deals like this with the intention of actually keeping Ericsson. The man has shown great cunning and intelligence over the years. I'm confident he won't let us down now.

#311 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

Jay Bouwmeester has been asked to waive his NTC..............wts
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#312 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:39 AM

Jay Bouwmeester has been asked to waive his NTC..............wts

Its a trap.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#313 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:42 AM

wheres a 357 when I need one? :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

I hate Holland now. He had the opportunity to go after some key players and NO didnt do s***.

Welcome to a horrible season(s)

EDIT

Ill hold my breath till 1 pm tomorrow and hope that we pull the Diveaguchi move the Sharks did during the draft.

If there arent signs of a pending move within a day, Im gonna start choking on my own vomit thinking we are paying 3+ a year for a piece of s*** player. Dman shortage or not, hes not worth that type of money unless hes going to an under floor team.

BTW do people turn red or blue holding their breath? I hope its red cause if I die I want it to be the right color.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut, 01 July 2011 - 12:50 AM.

I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#314 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

Ville Leino was never doubted as a point producer or a solid winger, it was always the contention that he just didn't fit into the wings system. Seriously, there was a lot less risk. How can you compared to an underachieving Leino at 800,000 to Ericsson at 3.25m?

Your argument doesn't help you. Leino never proved himself in the NHL. He was a risk / high-reward boom or bust player.

While Ericsson has a heavy shot from the point (see game 7 against the Pens, Ericsson was the only Red Wing to score in that game), doesn't use it much. He hasn't really been giving the chance on the PP.

However, Ericsson is a proven PK guy and minute eater, he is at the very least, a 5th defensemen in the new CBA market, where players are going to get overpaid from here on out.

Ericsson is not a risk of being a bust, he is a proven dman and will, at the very least, eat lots of minutes and be a solid PK. His heavy shot is known around the league by GMs.

You are fooling yourself if you think Ericsson is not worth picks as-is right now. He's only 27 and has only played 2 season. His best years are still ahead of him.

Bottom line, Holland will have no problems profiting from this Contract one way or another (unless an unforeseen freak accident happens). Amazing how underrated Ericsson is on LGWs.

Edited by Heaten, 01 July 2011 - 12:49 AM.

#315 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:47 AM

Poor poor poor signing

#316 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

This stillf****** pisses me off, I pray he proves me wrong. But hef****** sucks so bad, how and the hell do you pay 3.25 million for someone who sucks so bad????????
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#317 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

Are you being sarcastic? Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

Are you really that blinded by hate that you can't see anything objectively? Leino was a bust here, Holland got a 5th for a player that was USELESS here.

Ericsson on the other hand is a legit NHL defenseman. Ericsson get's more respect by of other teams than he does on the LGWs. People are so invested in him being the whipping boy that he's nothing else.

He's a 20 minute a night guy and was 2nd best among defensemen in the +/- category last season. Pull your head out of your ass.

#318 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

Are you really that blinded by hate that you can't see anything objectively? Leino was a bust here, Holland got a 5th for a player that was USELESS here.

Ericsson on the other hand is a legit NHL defenseman. Ericsson get's more respect by of other teams than he does on the LGWs. People are so invested in him being the whipping boy that he's nothing else.

He's a 20 minute a night guy and was 2nd best among defensemen in the +/- category last season. Pull your head out of your ass.

I'm not sure what Ericsson you're talking about, but the guy I've seen masquarading as a Detroit Red Wings Dman certainly isn't worth the lofty contract he just signed.

He's consistently inconsistent, has brain farts on a reg basis, and doesn't use his size like he should.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#319 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:01 AM

NO,, He f***in sucks.

Everyone on our team is considered above average compared to most teams (we do happen to have a few cups under our belt if that means anything regarding certain players).

Ericcson is horrible and now I have a reason to complain all Summer long if he ends up on the squad.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#320 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:12 AM

This contract with Big Rig BETTER not have a NTC in it :ranting: .