• Please log in to reply
505 replies to this topic

#121 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

im livid, and i like big E. this is bulls***, and if he doesnt pull something out of his ass this offseason he should be fired, this is ridiculous.

#122 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

The lot of you are shockingly spoiled. Which other team has had the success that the Wings had? Which other GM has brought success like Holland has? And now you feel that because of one bad move, because of one rough offseason, he should be fired. Fans of every other team tell me that they think Holland is the BEST. I feel pity for he and for others in the organization that so many of you have so utterly lost perspective, from so many years of success that they have given you, that you have lost the ability to be appreciative for the fact that you have a great team to cheer for every year.

Sooooo, you're saying that you're thrilled about the signing?

#123 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Cap went up. This should have been expected.

#124 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

The lot of you are shockingly spoiled. Which other team has had the success that the Wings had? Which other GM has brought success like Holland has? And now you feel that because of one bad move, because of one rough offseason, he should be fired. Fans of every other team tell me that they think Holland is the BEST. I feel pity for he and for others in the organization that so many of you have so utterly lost perspective, from so many years of success that they have given you, that you have lost the ability to be appreciative for the fact that you have a great team to cheer for every year.

I can't speak for other fans, but I fully appreciate Holland and all he has done. With that said, it's hard to agree with this deal if it is true. Every GM f***s up, and we are lucky that Holland does less than other GM's. He can't be perfect, so this doesn't severely downgrade my opinion of him, but this doesn't look like a good deal right now.

#125 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Eklund says Eaves has signed. Kinda scared right now if true...

Posted Image

#126 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

FOR TEN YEARS.

its gonna feel like 10 years by the time ericsson's 3 year contract is finally up

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#127 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Kenny, you do know there are only mulligans in golf right?

Posted Image

#128 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

The Detroit Red Wings have signed defenseman Jonathan Ericsson to a three-year contract that averages $3.25 million a season, a source told Booth Newspapers.

This is much higher than the Red Wings' recent offer of slightly more than $2 million per season. But as quality free-agent defensemen were getting re-signed by their own teams, the market was thinning, increasing Ericsson's value.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Ericsson earned $1.25 million in 2010-11, his second full NHL season.

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland couldn't be reached for comment, but he said earlier in the day that he was making progress with Ericsson and right wing Patrick Eaves, who were scheduled to become unrestricted free agents at noon on Frida

how the hell did it go up 1.25 million from what Detroit offered him ? Kenny knew that was an overpayment, looks like got had a panic attack because of the other UFA getting moved.

Edited by darkmanx, 30 June 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#129 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Eklund says Eaves has signed. Kinda scared right now if true...

5 million for Eaves I am guessing!
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#130 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

I am actually happy they gave 3.25 mil to Ericsson instead of overpaying for an aging Tomas Kaberle, because I still would be surprised if Wisniewski did not sign with CBJ and with that no one else would be on the market.

I'm in a wait and see mode because Kenny knows how to do his job a lot better than we know how to do his job.

#131 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,959 posts

So much for Holland thinking that all the free agents were getting overpaid.

This is the worst signing so far by any team. <_<

Worse than Kopecky getting $3 million.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#132 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

This signing hasn't done much to improve the team.

Just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us spoiled fans; Holland is better than this.

Tomorrow is another day.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#133 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Remember when everyone made fun of Jeff Finger's contract?

I guess Eaves is signing for over $4M now.

#134 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

this is a TERRIBLE signing. there's no silver lining here. ericsson brings minimal offense and he's not the strongest defensively. is there a clause in his contract that says we're off the hook with him if he keeps taking boneheaded penalties at the end of games? jesus. holland gonna do the sign and trade? i hope so. but who would take that contract? its terrible.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#135 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

Holland is the most passive GM in sports and this signing proves he is also a drunk.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#136 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

Wow, what's next, trading Kindl and Flip for Jeff Finger??? Sorry but this is a BAD contract!!!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#137 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,959 posts

Be honest.

Did you have this ridiculous post prepared ahead of time, knowing something like this would happen?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#138 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

This signing hasn't done much to improve the team.

Just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us spoiled fans; Holland is better than this.

Tomorrow is another day.

"Holland sucks! Fire him!"

"We're so screwed! What is Holland doing?"

"This team is going to suck next year!"

"Holland is a terrible GM!"

If you haven't seen this sort of asinine sentiment in superlative quantity in this thread, then you're literally blind.

#139 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

I actually like Big Rig, but this is a brutal contract if that's the real numbers? Unless they plan on playing him top 4, PP, PK, he will never live up to that contract. Quite puzzling.

That was my thinking as well. He does log a lot of minutes out on the ice. But I just can't see him playing in the top 4 unless they really believe he can this season. If that's the case, then Kronwall is Rafalski's replacement and we fork out cheaper contracts for the #5-#6 defensemen.

Doesn't seem right though. He got Lidstrom to sign into thinking Holland did have a plan to give us a better chance to win this season, IIRC. It has to be a 4 year deal.

#140 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:23 PM

You Mad?
Posted Image

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."