• Please log in to reply
505 replies to this topic

#141 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:23 PM

Holland is the most passive GM in sports and this signing proves he is also a drunk.

Even drunk you can't do so much dammage!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#142 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

LOL. Which other GM, aside from Doug Wilson, has made the playoffs every season since the lockout? Answer: None. You act so much like a spoiled kid at times, dude.

There is no more riding the coatails of his past success. The is absolutely the most asinine signing ever! Its time for me to let hudler off the hook, it aint his fault holland is retarded...

I am all for keeping ericsson, but $3.75? I have lost all confidence in ken holland. 90% of the people on here have proposed better ideas for this team!

What a gross overpayment!

Holland is useless as a gm! Seriously!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#143 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

this is a TERRIBLE signing. there's no silver lining here. ericsson brings minimal offense and he's not the strongest defensively. is there a clause in his contract that says we're off the hook with him if he keeps taking boneheaded penalties at the end of games? jesus. holland gonna do the sign and trade? i hope so. but who would take that contract? its terrible.

Hey! You there! What package should we have presented for Burns?

#144 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

I am actually happy they gave 3.25 mil to Ericsson instead of overpaying for an aging Tomas Kaberle, because I still would be surprised if Wisniewski did not sign with CBJ and with that no one else would be on the market.

I'm in a wait and see mode because Kenny knows how to do his job a lot better than we know how to do his job.

Idk, I bet I could find some people at af****** methadone clinic that could do better than this s***.

#145 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Be honest.

Did you have this ridiculous post prepared ahead of time, knowing something like this would happen?

:lol: :clap:

In times of peril, we can all agree that GMR will lighten the mood up. That had me laughing, thanks man.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#146 hockeyone

hockeyone

Prospect

• 47 posts

well it's not on capgeek yet so I hope the 3 years it wrong.

#147 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

this is a TERRIBLE signing. there's no silver lining here. ericsson brings minimal offense and he's not the strongest defensively. is there a clause in his contract that says we're off the hook with him if he keeps taking boneheaded penalties at the end of games? jesus. holland gonna do the sign and trade? i hope so. but who would take that contract? its terrible.

Need not worry. There is still the Florida Panthers.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#148 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

Is worst Red Wings signing post-lockout ?

#149 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

You Mad?
Posted Image

esteef

I lol'd

Posted Image

#150 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Brutal
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#151 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

Holland is the most passive GM in sports and this signing proves he is also a drunk.

That must be why we've lacked success so badly during his term as GM. After all, he never managed to draft or to keep Datsyuk, Franzen or Zetterberg at reasonable prices, nor find such gems as Cleary, Samuelsson and Eaves, nor land key players like Rafalski.

Good call.

#152 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Hey! You there! What package should we have presented for Burns?

go back, i replied already!

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#153 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#154 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Franzen, Kindl, 2012 3rd rounder. said this many times. franzen > seto
sign gagne to replace franzen done. boom.

That would have been a HORRIBLE trade.

Even at 3.25 a year, inflatted now won't be as bad with cap raises.

Also, who would we fill the spot with better?

Everyone who had to trade away rights couldn't sign their guy for this much.

E will be good at 5th and hopefully move up, wtg Kenny, now you can focus on tomorrow.

Who would have a better person to fill the spot? Nobody. You are correct in that, but that is the league and not Hollands fault. However, he really wasn't worth this much.

This would have been a good number for a long term contract, not a short one.

The best sentiment is that this throws the entire team salary structure out of whack. This is bad news.

The only thing I want to know is if there is a NMC. I have the feeling he should be our biggest trading asset now... Not that he will be, but I will want it to be so...
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#155 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Maybe these are in Swedish currency.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#156 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

I think the Defense coaching had more to do with the poor play of our defense and the growth of Ericsson then his actual play. IMO since our D coach has changed, this team's defense has never been the same. IMHO if we can grab a decent defensive guru that can groom the upcoming kids and just put Ericsson back into line, this could be a good signing.

Until then this signing is nothing more then a desperation / backup signing by Holland. After Wisnieski, I don't see any other defensman that is young and that would even interest me. So having Ericsson back isn't that bad after all.

#157 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

what

the

f***?

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#158 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

Holland = PANIC BOTTOM

#159 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

There is no more riding the coatails of his past success. The is absolutely the most asinine signing ever! Its time for me to let hudler off the hook, it aint his fault holland is retarded...

I am all for keeping ericsson, but $3.75? I have lost all confidence in ken holland. 90% of the people on here have proposed better ideas for this team!

What a gross overpayment!

Holland is useless as a gm! Seriously!

Yea. His past success (literally up to the present) means nothing in the face of one signing. Good call, bro. Wasn't it you who swore up and down after the '08 Cup win that Holland was a genius and that you'd never doubt him again? Well, I guess you underestimated your ability to remain rational on a long-term basis.

#160 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

The only thing I want to know is if there is a NMC. I have the feeling he should be our biggest trading asset now... Not that he will be, but I will want it to be so...

This was my first thought too. Purposely inflate his value for...?

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."