• Please log in to reply
505 replies to this topic

#161 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:28 PM

Wow shocked! I thought 2m was very high this blows me away WTF Kenny!

#162 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

10 goals a year, 25 assists, a plus rating, and 10 fights. That's what this contract says to me, better live up to it Jonny or your gonna be Hudler in no time :ph34r:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 30 June 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#163 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

you guys mad??

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#164 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

I think the Defense coaching had more to do with the poor play of our defense and the growth of Ericsson then his actual play. IMO since our D coach has changed, this team's defense has never been the same. IMHO if we can grab a decent defensive guru that can groom the upcoming kids and just put Ericsson back into line, this could be a good signing.

Until then this signing is nothing more then a desperation / backup signing by Holland. After Wisnieski, I don't see any other defensman that is young and that would even interest me. So having Ericsson back isn't that bad after all.

+1.... I still have all the trust in Kenny

#165 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

This contract suggests that Holland thinks Lidstrom is less than twice as good at hockey than Ericsson is. :blink:

#166 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

Franzen, Kindl, 2012 3rd rounder. said this many times. franzen > seto
sign gagne to replace franzen done. boom.

Great, let's take a power forward and pure goal scorer who is on a reasonable long-term contract (in an era in which contracts become more and more bloated EVERY YEAR) and trade him. And let's replace him with a guy who scored a whopping 34 goals over the last two seasons combined (while playing with Richards, Giroux, Stamkos and Lecavalier on teams capable of making it deep into the playoffs) and has an extensive history of major concussions. Oh, and let's pay him more than Franzen would have cost, because he'll demand more than $4m in this atrocious UFA pool. And let's bear in mind that the lack of a top-level prospect and a first-round draft pick means that this deal probably wouldn't have gone through anyway.

Good call, bro. Do you have any other ways in which you could demonstrate that you'd make a better GM than Holland?

Edited by Crymson, 30 June 2011 - 09:33 PM.

#167 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:32 PM

http://www.hockeybuz...olland/77/36794

Red Wings re-sign Jonathan Ericsson; panic set in for Holland
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#168 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

lets tar and feather him!!

#169 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Well I'm expecting more from him now.
Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#170 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

Ericsson is such an interesting player. He gets alot of hate on here, yet Babcock logs him a ton of minutes and Holland signs him to $3.25 a year for 3 years. I'm glad he's back, although I don't agree with the price, but Babcock and Holland know more than I do.

#171 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

:( Speechless. This is a horrible contract.

#172 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

"Holland sucks! Fire him!"

"We're so screwed! What is Holland doing?"

"This team is going to suck next year!"

"Holland is a terrible GM!"

If you haven't seen this sort of asinine sentiment in superlative quantity in this thread, then you're literally blind.

Yeah, I agree that it is REALLY overreacting to want to fire Holland after one bad move. He's been the best GM for a while now--especially since he doesn't do stupid things.

However, this one move was extremely stupid. Call a spade a spade and admit this was a stupid, stupid signing. Constantly praising Holland and belittling those criticizing him doesn't make you more of a fan. People have the right to be upset with something like this. They're upset because they care. Obviously, as a result, they're going to make those over-dramatic statements you incessantly gripe about.

I'm truly worried that this signing could set an extremely bad precedent.

How much are Kronwall and Stuart going to want? Surely, they'll want at minimum $5-5.5M now. It's tough to justify them taking much less whenf****** Ericsson is making $3.25M.

#173 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

You have to be kidding me.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#174 DarbyGuy

DarbyGuy

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

http://www.hockeybuz...olland/77/36794

tthat read is spot on... i still cant believe this

#175 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

FIRE HOLLAND. ALL OF HIS PAST SUCCESS MEANS NOTHING IN THE FACE OF THIS ONE SIGNING! WE ARE RATIONAL PEOPLE---HEAR US ROAR! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

#176 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Great, let's take a power forward and pure goal scorer who is on a reasonable long-term contract (in an era in which contracts become more and more bloated EVERY YEAR) and trade him. And let's replace him with a guy who scored a whopping 34 goals over the last two seasons combined and has an extensive history of major concussions. Oh, and let's pay him more than Franzen would have cost. And let's bear in mind that the lack of a top-level prospect and a first-round draft pick means that this deal probably wouldn't have gone through anyway.

Good call, bro.

franzen's contract is going to look terrible in a couple years. he's injury prone and signed till hes like 40.... i'm not a fan of that contract.... burns is a great dman. u can't just point out his faults and then say franzen has none. franzen is very injury prone. so pluses on burns... young, loads of potential on a great team like detroit, young, big, right shot....

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#177 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mark-Spizzirri/Red-Wings-re-sign-Jonathan-Ericsson-panic-set-in-for-Holland/77/36794

This has to be the first time I don't disagree with a Eklund article, what a rotten turn of events.

#NOMOREKINDL

#178 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

Yea. His past success (literally up to the present) means nothing in the face of one signing. Good call, bro. Wasn't it you who swore up and down after the '08 Cup win that Holland was a genius and that you'd never doubt him again? Well, I guess you underestimated your ability to remain rational on a long-term basis.

I said I was glad he didnt trade filppula for fedorov. This finally prooves he is not a genius. He is absolutely horrible!! This will be a contract that he will regret....

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#179 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

i don't think huds should stick around at this point. don't need to useless players at 3mill contracts on one roster....

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#180 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Yeah, I agree that it is REALLY overreacting to want to fire Holland after one bad move. He's been the best GM for a while now--especially since he doesn't do stupid things.

However, this one move was extremely stupid. Call a spade a spade and admit this was a stupid, stupid signing. Constantly praising Holland and belittling those criticizing him doesn't make you more of a fan. People have the right to be upset with something like this. They're upset because they care. Obviously, as a result, they're going to make those over-dramatic statements you incessantly gripe about.

I'm truly worried that this signing could set an extremely bad precedent.

How much are Kronwall and Stuart going to want? Surely, they'll want at minimum $5-5.5M now. It's tough to justify them taking much less whenf****** Ericsson is making $3.25M.

I detest Ericsson's play and I detest the fact that he'll be with the team at all. However, I think that calling for Holland's head over it and declaring him a horrible GM over it is stupid beyond belief.

Edited by Crymson, 30 June 2011 - 09:37 PM.