• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kingston

Red Wings trying to move Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Vrbata would be a nice addition at the right price me thinks. He has good hands, a wicked wrister, and always seems to be a pest when he played against the Wings.

I agree I think he would help boost our PP and be a good winger, possibly alongside Dats, that could put in 20+ most likely.

Put Hudler on waivers if there are no takers.

Ugh, I hate to sound like eva, but there is no reason to do that.

Honestly we need to get something for him. If there is nothing available I would only put him on waivers if we had someone lined up and need the money for them. Right now I don't know if there is someone out there like that.

This free agency period sucks. Might as well keep Hudler until the trade deadline and hope he creates the leverage then. If not, then put him on waivers. Maybe he even plays like someone who deserves that contract... a long shot I know.

I have a gut feeling we will see a significant trade soon... involving not just Hudler...

With the FA market bearing out the way it has, Bogosian not coming to terms with WPG and the rumors of J-Bo being asked to waive his NTC, I have a feeling Holland is up to something... don't be surprised to see another asset or two going back the other way, maybe Kindl, maybe even Smith... and probably some picks as well..

Edited by stevkrause

I have a gut feeling we will see a significant trade soon... involving not just Hudler...

With the FA market bearing out the way it has, Bogosian not coming to terms with WPG and the rumors of J-Bo being asked to waive his NTC, I have a feeling Holland is up to something... don't be surprised to see another asset or two going back the other way, maybe Kindl, maybe even Smith... and probably some picks as well..

Okay, I'll play.

Who has the defense to spare? I doubt Calgary gives up J-Bo (not interested in learning to spell that name) after giving up Regehr and Phaneuf.

Edit: I meant besides the two teams you mentioned.

Edited by Ozzie30

Okay, I'll play.

Who has the defense to spare? I doubt Calgary gives up J-Bo (not interested in learning to spell that name) after giving up Regehr and Phaneuf.

Not that I'm saying it'd be worth it, or even that Kenny would offer it, but you don't think they'd consider it, if it had us sending both Smith AND Kindl back?

Also, WPG hasn't come to terms with Bogosian, and there were the rumors there before the deadline, maybe Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st fetches you Bogo if WPG feels they can't re-sign him?

Also, there are reports that Phx and Yandle can't come to terms and are very far away from a deal... maybe a similar package (and cheaper cap hit for 2 for 1) fetches you Yandle?

There are other players too that I could see potentially being moved for cap, such as Martinek in NY?

Guest echos myron

The Wings wouldn't be willing to part with the assets required to make a "significant" trade.

Not that I'm saying it'd be worth it, or even that Kenny would offer it, but you don't think they'd consider it, if it had us sending both Smith AND Kindl back?

Also, WPG hasn't come to terms with Bogosian, and there were the rumors there before the deadline, maybe Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st fetches you Bogo if WPG feels they can't re-sign him?

Also, there are reports that Phx and Yandle can't come to terms and are very far away from a deal... maybe a similar package (and cheaper cap hit for 2 for 1) fetches you Yandle?

There are other players too that I could see potentially being moved for cap, such as Martinek in NY?

It was also rumored, that The Wings and Ericsson were close to a deal at around $2 million a year. Look how that one turned out..... Just sayin'.

Maybe Kenny can coax Pietrangelo out of St. Louis? /pipedream

It was also rumored, that The Wings and Ericsson were close to a deal at around $2 million a year. Look how that one turned out..... Just sayin'.

Indeed, that's why I just gave those as examples... but I do feel a trade is going to be done, not that it will necessarily be for any of those I listed, but I just have a gut feeling that the top 4 dman is going to be addressed via trade...

Don't get too excited folks. That's a lot of teams that turned down offers with Hudler included. And Holland mentioned a while ago he had been trying to make some trades and there was no interest. Apparently nobody wants Hudler. He'll have to be packaged with Flip or else a straight trade with Flip involved, probably.

I can see Kindl being traded for a really good young defenseman who is already proven, but there's no way Holland gives up Smith. We're already shallow in the defensive depth department and Smith is The Future ™.

Okay, I'll play.

Edit: I meant besides the two teams you mentioned.

Has anyone ever quoted themself?

Anyway, TSN said Feaster is open for business, so J-Bo may be available afterall.

Hopefully we can hold onto Kindl, but I'd do it.

Well, they're going to want D-men in return, probably even NHL ready dmen if they even consider moving him and they're probably going to want a pretty good return, which includes a high pick and prospect, one solid NHL dman and then Hudler would just be to offset some salary and just a piece...

They might even request both Kindl and Smith, in which case, that may scare me off...

Hudler, Kindl, Nyquist and a 1st... I wonder if that could fetch him...

Seems like a heavy load for Bouwmeester's giant contract and the 3 goals he scored last year.