• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kingston

Red Wings trying to move Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

For some reason I think BabCOCK is the type of coach who values effort... As long as he thinks you are conditioning/trying your hardest, he will give you a chance even if you struggle putting up points.

Agree,otherwise they've shopped both Filppula and Hudler at the draft.

Still pretty surprised no one took Hudler,cause he had similar season like Leino here and we know how it worked for the Flyers.

Edited by pucktividi

I am a Wings fan and a Hockey fan, but I am also realistic....

Bringing up Pavel in a Hudler thread is like comparing apples and oranges, yes they are both fruit (Big Fat Greek Wedding line), but that is about it...

Pavel is very effective defensively/offensively, and has been consistent...

Hudler, well.... We will not go there as what needed to be said has been written already.

We need 2 way players who want to be here and play hockey, plain n simple... Guys who will give their all every night... Ones who can play defense, not be knocked off the puck, can take face-offs, work the boards, not turn over the puck a lot, and set up goals accordingly.

Hudler is not the worst guy out there, but there are better for the money who will be more productive in certain situations.

Ah yes, two-way players like Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, and Franzen. The epitome of offense combined with defense.

Usually when a player puts forth effort, there is production... His production only increased when it seemed he was putting forth more effort...

So quit complaining about people bringing up Datsyuk's '09 playoff run and calling him a ghost. The stats show that he wasn't putting in the effort.

For some reason I think BabCOCK is the type of coach who values effort... As long as he thinks you are conditioning/trying your hardest, he will give you a chance even if you struggle putting up points. Hence why he is one of the best coaches (ie - see the history of Commie and Babs)

Hudler had trouble scoring for about 30 games, but he was working as hard as anyone from about game 15 on and was creating scoring chances, playing well in the corners and backchecking hard. Yet he gets bagged on about effort and defense based on his nationality, or his play several years ago.

Agree,otherwise they'll shop both Filppula and Hudler at the draft.

Still pretty surprised no one took Hudler,cause he had similar season like Leino here and we know how it worked for the Flyers.

No...

Leino sucked ass here.

Last year Hudler had a couple months of poor play to fit in with a couple months of very good play and a couple years of very good play. Hudler having less value than Leino is absolutely silly; the ONLY thing Leino has that Hudler doesn't is better size.

No...

Leino sucked ass here.

Last year Hudler had a couple months of poor play to fit in with a couple months of very good play and a couple years of very good play. Hudler having less value than Leino is absolutely silly; the ONLY thing Leino has that Hudler doesn't is better size.

They do have something in common though, they get lit up by opposing players pretty good :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuajAN7WfM

No...

Leino sucked ass here.

Leino had flashes of brilliance just like Hudler,but there was a 'little difference'.He sucked big time,no doubt but Hudler is payed like 4 frigging Ville Leinos here :ph34r:

No Hudler was not brought back to be the team sniper... he was brought back to add to our depth. If he was brought back to be the team "sniper" I am pretty sure he would have been playing with Pavs. For the most part, successful Wings teams do not usually have 40 goal scorers every single season, but rather a lot of depth guys that help the Wings be amongst the best offensively, which the Wings were again last season. Also, take into account that the last 2 seassons have been a fluke with injuries... I have never seen a team get hit with such odd and fluky injuries like the Wings have the past 2 seasons... The Wings would have been closer to the Canucks in term of total points had we not lost Pavel for the near 2 months that we did... along with all the other injuries.

MY point is, the WIngs team we have RIGHT NOW, will be amongst the best all around teams in the league... all we need to do now is pray the hockeygods leave our boys the hell alone for once... after battling a retarded amt of injuries the past 2 seasons, they owe us that, and when healthy, this team can beat any other team in the league, especailly with guys like Hudler and FRanzen contributing effectively and CONSISTANTLY, which I think will happen this season because Nick wants another Cup.

Leino had flashes of brilliance just like Hudler,but there was a 'little difference'.He sucked big time,no doubt but Hudler is payed like 4 frigging Ville Leinos here :ph34r:

Mmm. Well, good news then because next season Hudler will be paid like about 64% of a frigging Ville Leino.

I, like many others here, would love to see Jiri Hudler gone. He floats around from line to line. Babcock doesnt know what to do with him. Ive got an idea. Buy him out of his contact. They have the capspace to do so and to replace him. Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

I, like many others here, would love to see Jiri Hudler gone. He floats around from line to line. Babcock doesnt know what to do with him. Ive got an idea. Buy him out of his contact. They have the capspace to do so and to replace him. Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

we wouldn't need to buy him out... we can get a return for him - its just going to be something small at this point. holland doesn't want to give him up for anything and certainly doesn't want to have to buy him out.

If no one wants Hudler now we just gotta hope he has a decent season and ups his trade value. Maybe then we can deal him with picks/prospects at the deadline for a decent top 6 scoring forward. I also like the idea of just a straight up Hudler for Nabakov trade, most of the backup goalies I liked have been signed and I think the Islanders would be willing to do this trade.

Ah yes, two-way players like Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, and Franzen. The epitome of offense combined with defense.

So quit complaining about people bringing up Datsyuk's '09 playoff run and calling him a ghost. The stats show that he wasn't putting in the effort.

Hudler had trouble scoring for about 30 games, but he was working as hard as anyone from about game 15 on and was creating scoring chances, playing well in the corners and backchecking hard. Yet he gets bagged on about effort and defense based on his nationality, or his play several years ago.

"No Love" for Hudler

I think you are responding to the wrong folks Eva, you need to contact Holland, Babcock, and the rest of the DRW Organization as I said before....

"Wings would not be shopping Hudler if he was what they expecting"

Hope they get him out of here, get someone in here who can put up goals/assists, and want to be here.... At the same time, wherever Jiri lands, he will want to be there and help that team accordingly.

Edited by Rivalred

Agreed. Hudler is a Wing, and once the season starts, he is one of us. I will cheer him on, delight in his glory, share his dejection in his shame, and hope against all hope that he will prove that he is worthy of the title of Red Wing.

Until then, I look for better options.

As you might guess, I generally hate mid-season trades.

Edited by 55fan

Mmm. Well, good news then because next season Hudler will be paid like about 64% of a frigging Ville Leino.

yeah but Huds had 65% of Leino's points last season.Sounds like a fair overpayment for Leino,lol

Guest Shoreline

We all hope that. And if it happens, I gladly will.

Until then, Hudler is lazy and he sucks. Trade his ass.

I love how this excuse is used on the forum to justify swirling negativity about aspects of one's own team they cheer for.

If one truly hopes they are eating their own crow there's no need to make a statement such as this. They just hope Jiri does well, wherever he may be, and while having rightful criticism don't need to make outlandish parachute-like comments to soften the landing of assertions that have a high likelihood of leading to a faceplant.

any sort of deal and the Wings would have to take on the = cap hit from the dealing side as its a no goer with anyone.

not sure if Kenny has kicked the tyres with the Isle regards Nabby, as they do have 4 goalies signed up. Not sure who

else off the Isle roster Kenny would be interested in and that they would want to loose. Trent Hunters cap hit with Nabbys

is about as close as youll get combined for Hudlers hit. The Isle aint gunna give up a 6'3" power forward for a 5'9" guy

no matter what he has done in the past. I think Kenny is resigned to keeping Rex this year, hope he turns it up and then

can sort out any future contract at the end of next season.