• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#21 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

Let's trade Hudler to Québec for 8th round draft pick... :)

Only way to get rid of Huds : Eva should adopt him...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#22 WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

Which is exactly what it might come down to. People seem to think GMs around the league are eager to trade for our trash. Why the hell would anybody want Hudler and his bloated contract? I'd be really surprised if anyone picks him up.

I honestly think His contract is a good thing because of so many teams trying to just reach the floor. I expect him to go to a Florida, Carolina, Phx type team who just wants to get to 48 million and having Hudler at 2.9 or whatever for one year will be a good contract for them to take on.

#23 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Let's trade Hudler to Québec for 8th round draft pick... :)

Only way to get rid of Huds : Eva should adopt him...

I honestly think there's more to the rumor about Boumeester being asked to waive his NTC, I think Holland is trying to work a deal for J-Bo and I think Hudler is involved in it...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#24 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

I honestly think there's more to the rumor about Boumeester being asked to waive his NTC, I think Holland is trying to work a deal for J-Bo and I think Hudler is involved in it...

Jay Bo is asked to waive NTC???
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#25 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

Jay Bo is asked to waive NTC???

Feaster denied it, but it was rumored yesterday and usually where there's smoke, there's fire...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#26 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

Try harder.
RIP #24

#27 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Maybe some exlax would help?

Oh, now I'm not being nice...

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#28 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Vrbata would be a nice addition at the right price me thinks. He has good hands, a wicked wrister, and always seems to be a pest when he played against the Wings.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#29 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

Vrbata would be a nice addition at the right price me thinks. He has good hands, a wicked wrister, and always seems to be a pest when he played against the Wings.

Scotty Upshall

#30 drewmoff

drewmoff

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

I agree I think he would help boost our PP and be a good winger, possibly alongside Dats, that could put in 20+ most likely.
Defense or GTFO

#31 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

From Bob Duff:

There's substance to Hudler trade talk. Not a popular guy in #redwings dressing room. But they won't give him away.

Edited by darkmanx, 01 July 2011 - 10:24 AM.

02_notcomplicated_Kronwalled55_zpsc7d665

#32 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

Put Hudler on waivers if there are no takers.

Ugh, I hate to sound like eva, but there is no reason to do that.

Honestly we need to get something for him. If there is nothing available I would only put him on waivers if we had someone lined up and need the money for them. Right now I don't know if there is someone out there like that.

This free agency period sucks. Might as well keep Hudler until the trade deadline and hope he creates the leverage then. If not, then put him on waivers. Maybe he even plays like someone who deserves that contract... a long shot I know.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#33 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

I have a gut feeling we will see a significant trade soon... involving not just Hudler...

With the FA market bearing out the way it has, Bogosian not coming to terms with WPG and the rumors of J-Bo being asked to waive his NTC, I have a feeling Holland is up to something... don't be surprised to see another asset or two going back the other way, maybe Kindl, maybe even Smith... and probably some picks as well..

Edited by stevkrause, 01 July 2011 - 10:49 AM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#34 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

Wooo! Get the dead weight out of town Kenny, after the Eaves signing, if he moves Hudler, I'm back on the Holland kool-aid. (Until he signs Kaberle to a 10 year contract :ph34r: )

#NOMOREKINDL

#35 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

I have a gut feeling we will see a significant trade soon... involving not just Hudler...

With the FA market bearing out the way it has, Bogosian not coming to terms with WPG and the rumors of J-Bo being asked to waive his NTC, I have a feeling Holland is up to something... don't be surprised to see another asset or two going back the other way, maybe Kindl, maybe even Smith... and probably some picks as well..

Okay, I'll play.
Who has the defense to spare? I doubt Calgary gives up J-Bo (not interested in learning to spell that name) after giving up Regehr and Phaneuf.

Edit: I meant besides the two teams you mentioned.

Edited by Ozzie30, 01 July 2011 - 11:23 AM.

RIP #24

#36 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

Okay, I'll play.
Who has the defense to spare? I doubt Calgary gives up J-Bo (not interested in learning to spell that name) after giving up Regehr and Phaneuf.

Not that I'm saying it'd be worth it, or even that Kenny would offer it, but you don't think they'd consider it, if it had us sending both Smith AND Kindl back?

Also, WPG hasn't come to terms with Bogosian, and there were the rumors there before the deadline, maybe Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st fetches you Bogo if WPG feels they can't re-sign him?

Also, there are reports that Phx and Yandle can't come to terms and are very far away from a deal... maybe a similar package (and cheaper cap hit for 2 for 1) fetches you Yandle?

There are other players too that I could see potentially being moved for cap, such as Martinek in NY?

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#37 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

The Wings wouldn't be willing to part with the assets required to make a "significant" trade.

#38 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

The Wings wouldn't be willing to part with the assets required to make a "significant" trade.

There is nothing to trade for on the D front anyways.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#39 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

Not that I'm saying it'd be worth it, or even that Kenny would offer it, but you don't think they'd consider it, if it had us sending both Smith AND Kindl back?

Also, WPG hasn't come to terms with Bogosian, and there were the rumors there before the deadline, maybe Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st fetches you Bogo if WPG feels they can't re-sign him?

Also, there are reports that Phx and Yandle can't come to terms and are very far away from a deal... maybe a similar package (and cheaper cap hit for 2 for 1) fetches you Yandle?

There are other players too that I could see potentially being moved for cap, such as Martinek in NY?

It was also rumored, that The Wings and Ericsson were close to a deal at around $2 million a year. Look how that one turned out..... Just sayin'.

#40 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

Maybe Kenny can coax Pietrangelo out of St. Louis? /pipedream
RIP #24