• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#121 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

Marty St. Louis is small also but I'd take him in a heartbeat. It's not about size, it's about heart. That Russsian guy that we have is pretty goos to.

Stop with the anti-European crap. That got old 10 years ago...

Ahhhh, did we all forget SARCASM :lol:

All this hating on Hudler is getting really annoying quite frankly. Was he good last season? No he was not great, but after one mediocre season should we really trade him away? I was watching clips from games from the year we won the Cup, and the year in 2009 (I miss those days oof being STACKED) and I remembered how good Hudler can be, and at key times in big games too... I think it would be dumb to trade away Hudler. In 2009 playoffs, PAVEL DATSYUK was kind of a ghost (and he is my favorite player of all time not named Nicklas Lidstrom) and some people were actually wanting him to get moved. Since than, Pavel has showed us why he is the best player in the world, and he had his best playoffs ever this season.

I think Hudler needs to be given a chance to redeem himself this season because IMO any success at winning a cup this season will depend on Hudler being his old self, and good years from the Eurotwins and Captain Nick. Give the guy a break, and instead of ragging on him, how about you hope for the best so that our team can be the best.

Umm... Pavel is a ghost in the 2009 playoffs?

Defensively? Offensively? Had a lot of turnovers?

Edited by Rivalred, 03 July 2011 - 04:22 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#122 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

Wings_fanatic how dare you make valid points about Jiri Hudler. I mean why wouldn't you trade away someone who had one bad season?? Hell, people are talking about just cutting him forget a trade. This is probably the worst undeserved whipping boy on LGW ever.

#123 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

To rivalred, yes Pavel was not very effective in the 2009 playoffs POINTWISE, though he was still good for many other elements. But my point was, a lot of posters on here were suggesting the possibility of maybe moving Pavs! That was obsured and that is when I stopped taking some of what people said on here seriously... because I luv the Wings and I like Wings fans, but I find a lot of Wings fans on here have 2 sides to them. They LOVE players when they play good, but if the player underperforms JUST ONCE, they better get a name change and go live somewhere secluded because Wings fans will be on their case! My point is, we cannot always win, or always be good, and we have to remember that these players that we love to see win are only human. IMO Hudler will rebound and have a strong season, and most of you guys will become his number 1 fan...

ANd to Kylee, thank you for your support... it is nice to know there are other WIngs fans on here who don't turn on their team for every little problem

#124 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

Other teams push him off the puck and Babcock sat Jiri a few times for his lack of effort if I remember correctly.

Dan Cleary works hard for his size, as did Draper and neither are as much as a "pushover" as your boy Hudler.

Huds was scratched for lack of production. Not for lack of effort.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#125 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

I am a Wings fan and a Hockey fan, but I am also realistic....

Bringing up Pavel in a Hudler thread is like comparing apples and oranges, yes they are both fruit (Big Fat Greek Wedding line), but that is about it...

Pavel is very effective defensively/offensively, and has been consistent...

Hudler, well.... We will not go there as what needed to be said has been written already.

We need 2 way players who want to be here and play hockey, plain n simple... Guys who will give their all every night... Ones who can play defense, not be knocked off the puck, can take face-offs, work the boards, not turn over the puck a lot, and set up goals accordingly.

Hudler is not the worst guy out there, but there are better for the money who will be more productive in certain situations.

Huds was scratched for lack of production. Not for lack of effort.

Usually when a player puts forth effort, there is production... His production only increased when it seemed he was putting forth more effort...

For some reason I think BabCOCK is the type of coach who values effort... As long as he thinks you are conditioning/trying your hardest, he will give you a chance even if you struggle putting up points. Hence why he is one of the best coaches (ie - see the history of Commie and Babs)

Edited by Rivalred, 03 July 2011 - 05:05 PM.

#126 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

Let me add, if the Wings think Hudler was so great and he was so effective, they would not be trying to move him...

#127 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

Try harder.

Still the best post in the thread! :lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#128 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

Still the best post in the thread! :lol:

esteef

Icing on the cake would be Huds telling the media Babs is being scratched and Holland is up for trade.

Edited by Rivalred, 03 July 2011 - 05:28 PM.

#129 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

For some reason I think BabCOCK is the type of coach who values effort... As long as he thinks you are conditioning/trying your hardest, he will give you a chance even if you struggle putting up points.

Agree,otherwise they've shopped both Filppula and Hudler at the draft.

Still pretty surprised no one took Hudler,cause he had similar season like Leino here and we know how it worked for the Flyers.

Edited by pucktividi, 03 July 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#130 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

I am a Wings fan and a Hockey fan, but I am also realistic....

Bringing up Pavel in a Hudler thread is like comparing apples and oranges, yes they are both fruit (Big Fat Greek Wedding line), but that is about it...

Pavel is very effective defensively/offensively, and has been consistent...

Hudler, well.... We will not go there as what needed to be said has been written already.

We need 2 way players who want to be here and play hockey, plain n simple... Guys who will give their all every night... Ones who can play defense, not be knocked off the puck, can take face-offs, work the boards, not turn over the puck a lot, and set up goals accordingly.

Hudler is not the worst guy out there, but there are better for the money who will be more productive in certain situations.

Ah yes, two-way players like Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, and Franzen. The epitome of offense combined with defense.

Usually when a player puts forth effort, there is production... His production only increased when it seemed he was putting forth more effort...

So quit complaining about people bringing up Datsyuk's '09 playoff run and calling him a ghost. The stats show that he wasn't putting in the effort.

For some reason I think BabCOCK is the type of coach who values effort... As long as he thinks you are conditioning/trying your hardest, he will give you a chance even if you struggle putting up points. Hence why he is one of the best coaches (ie - see the history of Commie and Babs)

Hudler had trouble scoring for about 30 games, but he was working as hard as anyone from about game 15 on and was creating scoring chances, playing well in the corners and backchecking hard. Yet he gets bagged on about effort and defense based on his nationality, or his play several years ago.

#131 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

Agree,otherwise they'll shop both Filppula and Hudler at the draft.

Still pretty surprised no one took Hudler,cause he had similar season like Leino here and we know how it worked for the Flyers.

No...

Leino sucked ass here.

Last year Hudler had a couple months of poor play to fit in with a couple months of very good play and a couple years of very good play. Hudler having less value than Leino is absolutely silly; the ONLY thing Leino has that Hudler doesn't is better size.

#132 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

No...

Leino sucked ass here.

Last year Hudler had a couple months of poor play to fit in with a couple months of very good play and a couple years of very good play. Hudler having less value than Leino is absolutely silly; the ONLY thing Leino has that Hudler doesn't is better size.

They do have something in common though, they get lit up by opposing players pretty good :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuajAN7WfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7cu3-ObJZQ

#NOMOREKINDL

#133 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

No...

Leino sucked ass here.

Leino had flashes of brilliance just like Hudler,but there was a 'little difference'.He sucked big time,no doubt but Hudler is payed like 4 frigging Ville Leinos here :ph34r:

#134 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

It seems to me the Bottom line is we need a Sniper. Huds was brought back to be this since we lost Hossa. Gotta have a guy that can get us goals when the PP isn't working and Holmstrom cann't tip one in.

#135 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

No Hudler was not brought back to be the team sniper... he was brought back to add to our depth. If he was brought back to be the team "sniper" I am pretty sure he would have been playing with Pavs. For the most part, successful Wings teams do not usually have 40 goal scorers every single season, but rather a lot of depth guys that help the Wings be amongst the best offensively, which the Wings were again last season. Also, take into account that the last 2 seassons have been a fluke with injuries... I have never seen a team get hit with such odd and fluky injuries like the Wings have the past 2 seasons... The Wings would have been closer to the Canucks in term of total points had we not lost Pavel for the near 2 months that we did... along with all the other injuries.

MY point is, the WIngs team we have RIGHT NOW, will be amongst the best all around teams in the league... all we need to do now is pray the hockeygods leave our boys the hell alone for once... after battling a retarded amt of injuries the past 2 seasons, they owe us that, and when healthy, this team can beat any other team in the league, especailly with guys like Hudler and FRanzen contributing effectively and CONSISTANTLY, which I think will happen this season because Nick wants another Cup.

#136 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

They do have something in common though, they get lit up by opposing players pretty good :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7cu3-ObJZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcfRk5fehes

#137 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Good news.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#138 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

Don't worry...

'Bout a thing.

'Cuz every little thing...

Is gonna be alright.

Singing don't worry...

'Bout a thing...

#139 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

Leino had flashes of brilliance just like Hudler,but there was a 'little difference'.He sucked big time,no doubt but Hudler is payed like 4 frigging Ville Leinos here :ph34r:

Mmm. Well, good news then because next season Hudler will be paid like about 64% of a frigging Ville Leino.

#140 Chicktube

Chicktube

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:23 PM

Look at the bright side hudler won in SO against Vancouver....Im happy

Posted Image