Red Wings trying to move Jiri Hudler

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#141 DarbyGuy

DarbyGuy

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

I, like many others here, would love to see Jiri Hudler gone. He floats around from line to line. Babcock doesnt know what to do with him. Ive got an idea. Buy him out of his contact. They have the capspace to do so and to replace him. Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

#142 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

I, like many others here, would love to see Jiri Hudler gone. He floats around from line to line. Babcock doesnt know what to do with him. Ive got an idea. Buy him out of his contact. They have the capspace to do so and to replace him. Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

we wouldn't need to buy him out... we can get a return for him - its just going to be something small at this point. holland doesn't want to give him up for anything and certainly doesn't want to have to buy him out.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#143 xBflinker

xBflinker

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

If no one wants Hudler now we just gotta hope he has a decent season and ups his trade value. Maybe then we can deal him with picks/prospects at the deadline for a decent top 6 scoring forward. I also like the idea of just a straight up Hudler for Nabakov trade, most of the backup goalies I liked have been signed and I think the Islanders would be willing to do this trade.

#144 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:21 AM

Ah yes, two-way players like Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, and Franzen. The epitome of offense combined with defense.

So quit complaining about people bringing up Datsyuk's '09 playoff run and calling him a ghost. The stats show that he wasn't putting in the effort.

Hudler had trouble scoring for about 30 games, but he was working as hard as anyone from about game 15 on and was creating scoring chances, playing well in the corners and backchecking hard. Yet he gets bagged on about effort and defense based on his nationality, or his play several years ago.

"No Love" for Hudler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2ssT8lzj8

I think you are responding to the wrong folks Eva, you need to contact Holland, Babcock, and the rest of the DRW Organization as I said before....

"Wings would not be shopping Hudler if he was what they expecting"

Hope they get him out of here, get someone in here who can put up goals/assists, and want to be here.... At the same time, wherever Jiri lands, he will want to be there and help that team accordingly.

Edited by Rivalred, 04 July 2011 - 12:24 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#145 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:29 AM

Personally I hope a lot of people are "eating crow" by the end of the year on this subject

#146 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

Personally I hope a lot of people are "eating crow" by the end of the year on this subject

We all hope that. And if it happens, I gladly will.

Until then, Hudler is lazy and he sucks. Trade his ass.
Posted Image

#147 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,872 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:44 AM

Agreed. Hudler is a Wing, and once the season starts, he is one of us. I will cheer him on, delight in his glory, share his dejection in his shame, and hope against all hope that he will prove that he is worthy of the title of Red Wing.

Until then, I look for better options.

As you might guess, I generally hate mid-season trades.

Edited by 55fan, 04 July 2011 - 01:47 AM.

#148 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:20 AM

Mmm. Well, good news then because next season Hudler will be paid like about 64% of a frigging Ville Leino.

yeah but Huds had 65% of Leino's points last season.Sounds like a fair overpayment for Leino,lol

#149 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

I love how this excuse is used on the forum to justify swirling negativity about aspects of one's own team they cheer for.

If one truly hopes they are eating their own crow there's no need to make a statement such as this. They just hope Jiri does well, wherever he may be, and while having rightful criticism don't need to make outlandish parachute-like comments to soften the landing of assertions that have a high likelihood of leading to a faceplant.

#150 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:40 PM

any sort of deal and the Wings would have to take on the = cap hit from the dealing side as its a no goer with anyone.
not sure if Kenny has kicked the tyres with the Isle regards Nabby, as they do have 4 goalies signed up. Not sure who
else off the Isle roster Kenny would be interested in and that they would want to loose. Trent Hunters cap hit with Nabbys
is about as close as youll get combined for Hudlers hit. The Isle aint gunna give up a 6'3" power forward for a 5'9" guy
no matter what he has done in the past. I think Kenny is resigned to keeping Rex this year, hope he turns it up and then
can sort out any future contract at the end of next season.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#151 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

Such negativity. :(

#152 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

I love how this excuse is used on the forum to justify swirling negativity about aspects of one's own team they cheer for.

If one truly hopes they are eating their own crow there's no need to make a statement such as this. They just hope Jiri does well, wherever he may be, and while having rightful criticism don't need to make outlandish parachute-like comments to soften the landing of assertions that have a high likelihood of leading to a faceplant.

First of all, it was a joke, calm down dude. How you could get so worked up over an obviously facetious comment is beyond me.

If Hudler is indeed a Red Wing next season, I want him to do well... that's all. I'd personally prefer he not be a Red Wing next year, but that is hardly up to me. I don't see what is wrong with that.

I just want the best team possible. I think its worse to be a poster who is vindictively looking to prove people wrong and takes pleasure in bashing people for sharing a differing opinion than your own.
Posted Image

#153 DatsyukianDangles122

DatsyukianDangles122

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Everyone here is way undervaluing Hudler. He had a bad start to the season, but still put up 37 points, which is respectable. Sure he didn't live up to expectations, but anyone that thinks he is 'worth nothing' is kidding themselves. If toronto can pull off Lebda + AHLer for Franson and Lombardi, then the DRW can definitely get a respectable return for Hudler + Smith/Kindl and a pick. That's a great package actually.

#154 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

I'm really not comfortable trading away our top prospect.

Posted Image

#155 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

I'm really not comfortable trading away our top prospect.

Yeah, I agree. People that keep talking about throwing Smith into a package for whatever are crazy. Smith will more than likely be just as good as some of these D-Men they would trade for, and he's younger. You don't trade potential like that, especially when our defense is already set.

If you're going to trade Hudler right now, it'll be for a backup tender and a pick. Then you either shift your forward depth up or go out and sign a UFA forward...

#156 wingsfanincan

wingsfanincan

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

Leafs got Franson for Lebda only because the Leafs were willing to take Lombardi and his 7-million cap hit over the next two years. Preds said they didn't want to let Franson go but they need Lombardi's cap space if they hope to sing Weber, Suter and Rinne. I doubt Wings could make a deal like that because of lack of cap space. As well, Leafs have to take risks like injury-prone Tim Connoly at a high price because they haven't made the playoffs in years. Wings are not in that situation.

#157 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

Everyone here is way undervaluing Hudler. He had a bad start to the season, but still put up 37 points, which is respectable. Sure he didn't live up to expectations, but anyone that thinks he is 'worth nothing' is kidding themselves. If toronto can pull off Lebda + AHLer for Franson and Lombardi, then the DRW can definitely get a respectable return for Hudler + Smith/Kindl and a pick. That's a great package actually.

If my memory serves me correct, Hudler filed for Arbitration and when the Wings' could give him what he wanted, he left and went to Russia. The KHL can't compete with the NHL but while he was over there in 09-10, he only put up 54 pts and the year before in the NHL, he put up 57. He comes back to the NHL and back to the Red Wings and doesn't crack 30pts. and barely cracks double digit goals.

So to say he is undervalued here where is last "decent" season in the NHL was in 08 is a complete understatement. LGW values him, just not very much. He is a "floating" style IMO has caused some chemistry problems on the team. If they can't get him gone without a decent return and little to know hit on the cap, fine. If not, give him next year and then get rid of him unless he go out and put 60+ pts but if last season was a "foreshadowing" of his future NHL career, he doesn't need to be in the Winged Wheel.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#158 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

Leafs got Franson for Lebda only because the Leafs were willing to take Lombardi and his 7-million cap hit over the next two years. Preds said they didn't want to let Franson go but they need Lombardi's cap space if they hope to sing Weber, Suter and Rinne. I doubt Wings could make a deal like that because of lack of cap space. As well, Leafs have to take risks like injury-prone Tim Connoly at a high price because they haven't made the playoffs in years. Wings are not in that situation.

3.5 million cap hit. Total salary is 7.

#159 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, I agree. People that keep talking about throwing Smith into a package for whatever are crazy. Smith will more than likely be just as good as some of these D-Men they would trade for, and he's younger. You don't trade potential like that, especially when our defense is already set.

If you're going to trade Hudler right now, it'll be for a backup tender and a pick. Then you either shift your forward depth up or go out and sign a UFA forward...

I would rather have proven talent than potential.

Smith may do very well, but we all know Yandle has proven himself as a #1 defenseman, still has room to improve, and is an immediate replacement for when Lidstrom retires.

I would give away a prospect in a heartbeat for that.

Posted Image

#160 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

I would rather have proven talent than potential.

Smith may do very well, but we all know Yandle has proven himself as a #1 defenseman, still has room to improve, and is an immediate replacement for when Lidstrom retires.

I would give away a prospect in a heartbeat for that.

This exactly, Yandle is only two years older than Smith also. It'd be a no-brainer.