• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kingston

Red Wings trying to move Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

I love how this excuse is used on the forum to justify swirling negativity about aspects of one's own team they cheer for.

If one truly hopes they are eating their own crow there's no need to make a statement such as this. They just hope Jiri does well, wherever he may be, and while having rightful criticism don't need to make outlandish parachute-like comments to soften the landing of assertions that have a high likelihood of leading to a faceplant.

First of all, it was a joke, calm down dude. How you could get so worked up over an obviously facetious comment is beyond me.

If Hudler is indeed a Red Wing next season, I want him to do well... that's all. I'd personally prefer he not be a Red Wing next year, but that is hardly up to me. I don't see what is wrong with that.

I just want the best team possible. I think its worse to be a poster who is vindictively looking to prove people wrong and takes pleasure in bashing people for sharing a differing opinion than your own.

Everyone here is way undervaluing Hudler. He had a bad start to the season, but still put up 37 points, which is respectable. Sure he didn't live up to expectations, but anyone that thinks he is 'worth nothing' is kidding themselves. If toronto can pull off Lebda + AHLer for Franson and Lombardi, then the DRW can definitely get a respectable return for Hudler + Smith/Kindl and a pick. That's a great package actually.

I'm really not comfortable trading away our top prospect.

Yeah, I agree. People that keep talking about throwing Smith into a package for whatever are crazy. Smith will more than likely be just as good as some of these D-Men they would trade for, and he's younger. You don't trade potential like that, especially when our defense is already set.

If you're going to trade Hudler right now, it'll be for a backup tender and a pick. Then you either shift your forward depth up or go out and sign a UFA forward...

Leafs got Franson for Lebda only because the Leafs were willing to take Lombardi and his 7-million cap hit over the next two years. Preds said they didn't want to let Franson go but they need Lombardi's cap space if they hope to sing Weber, Suter and Rinne. I doubt Wings could make a deal like that because of lack of cap space. As well, Leafs have to take risks like injury-prone Tim Connoly at a high price because they haven't made the playoffs in years. Wings are not in that situation.

Everyone here is way undervaluing Hudler. He had a bad start to the season, but still put up 37 points, which is respectable. Sure he didn't live up to expectations, but anyone that thinks he is 'worth nothing' is kidding themselves. If toronto can pull off Lebda + AHLer for Franson and Lombardi, then the DRW can definitely get a respectable return for Hudler + Smith/Kindl and a pick. That's a great package actually.

If my memory serves me correct, Hudler filed for Arbitration and when the Wings' could give him what he wanted, he left and went to Russia. The KHL can't compete with the NHL but while he was over there in 09-10, he only put up 54 pts and the year before in the NHL, he put up 57. He comes back to the NHL and back to the Red Wings and doesn't crack 30pts. and barely cracks double digit goals.

So to say he is undervalued here where is last "decent" season in the NHL was in 08 is a complete understatement. LGW values him, just not very much. He is a "floating" style IMO has caused some chemistry problems on the team. If they can't get him gone without a decent return and little to know hit on the cap, fine. If not, give him next year and then get rid of him unless he go out and put 60+ pts but if last season was a "foreshadowing" of his future NHL career, he doesn't need to be in the Winged Wheel.

Guest echos myron

Leafs got Franson for Lebda only because the Leafs were willing to take Lombardi and his 7-million cap hit over the next two years. Preds said they didn't want to let Franson go but they need Lombardi's cap space if they hope to sing Weber, Suter and Rinne. I doubt Wings could make a deal like that because of lack of cap space. As well, Leafs have to take risks like injury-prone Tim Connoly at a high price because they haven't made the playoffs in years. Wings are not in that situation.

3.5 million cap hit. Total salary is 7.

Yeah, I agree. People that keep talking about throwing Smith into a package for whatever are crazy. Smith will more than likely be just as good as some of these D-Men they would trade for, and he's younger. You don't trade potential like that, especially when our defense is already set.

If you're going to trade Hudler right now, it'll be for a backup tender and a pick. Then you either shift your forward depth up or go out and sign a UFA forward...

I would rather have proven talent than potential.

Smith may do very well, but we all know Yandle has proven himself as a #1 defenseman, still has room to improve, and is an immediate replacement for when Lidstrom retires.

I would give away a prospect in a heartbeat for that.

I would rather have proven talent than potential.

Smith may do very well, but we all know Yandle has proven himself as a #1 defenseman, still has room to improve, and is an immediate replacement for when Lidstrom retires.

I would give away a prospect in a heartbeat for that.

This exactly, Yandle is only two years older than Smith also. It'd be a no-brainer.

The only places I see people contemplating giving up Smith is for a guy like Yandle. The odds of Smith being as good as Yandle are not great. Very few defencemen ever manage to put 59pts up, especially at age 24. I hope Smith is that good but you're dreaming if you think that's a likely scenario.

If my memory serves me correct, Hudler filed for Arbitration and when the Wings' could give him what he wanted, he left and went to Russia. The KHL can't compete with the NHL but while he was over there in 09-10, he only put up 54 pts and the year before in the NHL, he put up 57. He comes back to the NHL and back to the Red Wings and doesn't crack 30pts. and barely cracks double digit goals.

So to say he is undervalued here where is last "decent" season in the NHL was in 08 is a complete understatement. LGW values him, just not very much. He is a "floating" style IMO has caused some chemistry problems on the team. If they can't get him gone without a decent return and little to know hit on the cap, fine. If not, give him next year and then get rid of him unless he go out and put 60+ pts but if last season was a "foreshadowing" of his future NHL career, he doesn't need to be in the Winged Wheel.

:lol:

A) Holland knew Hudler was leaving for the KHL when they were in the arbitration process-- he continued with the process so the Wings would hold his rights and have him signed to a contract once he came back.

B) In the KHL he scored 54pts (with 19 goals) in 54 games. Most people don't say someone "only put up" a point per game. lol

C) He did "crack 30pts". He had 10g and 27a. 10_+ 27 = 37. 37 > 30.

"Cap hit" refers to the dollar amount applied to the team's cap for a single year. He does not have a 7 million dollar cap hit. Lombardi has a 3.5 million dollar cap hit.

yeah but Huds had 65% of Leino's points last season.Sounds like a fair overpayment for Leino,lol

70%. But, it would make sense that the people who are ready to crucify Hudler after one subpar season would think that the Leino signing for Buffalo is a good deal after one good season.

Hudler: $2.875 million per for two seasons after a season of 57 points

Leino: $4.5 million per for six seasons after a season of 53 points

Yeah, though, that Hudler contract is an albatross that is totally going to be the downfall of the team.

The guy showed good progression prior to the whole KHL thing (2006-07 15G 10A, 2007-08 13G 29A, 2008-09 23G 34A). Give him a chance to get back on track this coming year. Let's try not to be so fickle.

What it appears no one has figured out is that the offers on draft day are different than after July first. During the draft the most valuable assets on the table will be draft picks for that years draft, after July first the most valuable assets are players and prospects not picks. At the Draft Holland was probably looking for some type of package of picks for Hudler. Whereas today he would be looking for NHL ready talent or good prospects for Hudler. The problem is this year before July first the UFA pool as we all know was pretty shallow, so taking a player on for 2.85 million cap hit would hurt any teams chances of landing a prospect, and after July first since not many teams took an asinine contracts as they would most of the wings likely trading partners aren't looking to trade a bit higher paid player (4.0+) for Hudler plus some picks. Right now I doubt Holland would take picks for Hudler for the simple fact that the team needs wingers and would look for one in return.