• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wings re-sign Eaves to 3-year, $3.6m contract

Rate this topic

Guest echos myron

Also of note: Abdelkader and Ericsson both averaged around a minute of SH time, yet were still in the range of PPGA as Eaves and Miller.

With the cap going up and Eaves being a known quantity (unlike most 4th line plugs we could have gotten instead), that's probably about the right price. Probably not cause for wild celebration, but a solid contract for a solid player.

Guest Heaten

This deal reeks sign and trade.

I have a sneaky suspicion Holland sat him down and told him that he'd get him over $3.5 million @ 3 years but he will be used as a trade asset. I also he explained to Ericsson that he would be a trade asset if he does not progress.

I have a sneaky suspicion Holland sat him down and told him that he'd get him over $3.5 million @ 3 years but he will be used as a trade asset. I also he explained to Ericsson that he would be a trade asset if he does not progress.

This isn't the NBA and most GM's (including ours) aren't snakes like Wilson... sign and trades do not happen in the NHL...

Guest Heaten

This isn't the NBA and most GM's (including ours) aren't snakes like Wilson... sign and trades do not happen in the NHL...

How's it "snake" thing to do if Holland was upfront about it?? Things like this happen.

I was getting a job transfer, so my old boss gave me a raise and better health care plan before I was transferred so I was "better off" after leaving. $1.2million is fair, but doesn't make sense for 3 years. There are some players in GR that will be ready for the NHL soon. They are not 3 years out.

3 years doesn't make sense to keep him.

Edited by Heaten

How's it "snake" thing to do if Holland was upfront about it?? Things like this happen.

I was getting a job transfer, so my old boss gave me a raise and better health care plan before I was transferred so I was "better off" after leaving. $1.2million is fair, but doesn't make sense for 3 years. There are some players in GR that will be ready for the NHL soon. They are not 3 years out.

Some players will be coming up from the AHL, but not more than two or three in the next three years. And with all the retirements upcoming, why doesn't it make sense to keep Eaves' depth scoring and PKing for three more years?

I was getting a job transfer, so my old boss gave me a raise and a me better health care plan before I was transferred so I was "better off" after leaving. $1.2million is fair, but doesn't make sense for 3 years. There are some players in GR that will be ready for the NHL soon. They are not 3 years out.

Because they don't need even money back in deals in the NHL, so sign and trades make no sense, Eaves could just walk and sign wherever he wanted and the NHLPA would definitely have a problem with him agreeing to that...

3+ years makes sense, he's only 27 and is still not at his peak... he needs to be here long term.

Guest echos myron

It's not like there will be other players leaving in the next few years. It's that pesky Eaves; there just isn't any room for him! It's definitely a sign and trade. You are a great mind.

Guest Heaten

Because they don't need even money back in deals in the NHL, so sign and trades make no sense, Eaves could just walk and sign wherever he wanted and the NHLPA would definitely have a problem with him agreeing to that...

3+ years makes sense, he's only 27 and is still not at his peak... he needs to be here long term.

Top 6 players will be leaving in a few years, not bottom 6 players. Are you suggesting Holland should plug bottom 6 guys in the top 6 role? That doesn't make sense...

Sign and trade?!? HA!

Eaves will be a Wing for life. This is a very good deal; very fair. Nice little raise for a guy that's continued to become a valuable part of the team and only likely to get better. He's got a lot of skill and a great work ethic and attitude. I'm really excited to see how he progresses the next few years.

Top 6 players will be leaving in a few years, not bottom 6 players. Are you suggesting Holland should plug bottom 6 guys in the top 6 role? That doesn't make sense...

If he earns a top 6 role by then, without a doubt, if not, then you address those needs with the likes of Tatar, Abs, Helm, Mursak, Jurco, Pulkkinen, etc... or via FA, depending on how players develop, progress... a lot can happen in 1 year, let alone 3...

Guest Heaten

If he earns a top 6 role by then, without a doubt, if not, then you address those needs with the likes of Tatar, Abs, Helm, Mursak, Jurco, Pulkkinen, etc... or via FA, depending on how players develop, progress... a lot can happen in 1 year, let alone 3...

Unless Helm and Abs have a HUGE turn-around to become amazing scorers, that's not happening.

And Holland didn't even throw Zetterberg or Datsyuk in the top six role in their first year in the NHL. They had to earn their ranks just like everyone else. Again the term doesn't make sense to keeping him. This deal reeks sign and trade.

I've seen a few people say this is a "sign and trade" contract. Who the hell is going to assume this contract?

Unless Helm and Abs have a HUGE turn-around to become amazing scorers, that's not happening.

And Holland didn't even throw Zetterberg or Datsyuk in the top six role in their first year in the NHL. They had to earn their ranks just like everyone else. Again the term doesn't make sense to keeping him. This deal reeks sign and trade.

I don't know how else to put it: sign and trades do not happen in the NHL.

Agree to disagree I suppose...

Guest Heaten

I don't know how else to put it: sign and trades do not happen in the NHL.

Agree to disagree I suppose...

devin setoguchi says hi...

When I say sign and trade, I mean trade before trade deadline for a package that makes sense. I doubt Holland spends to cap to start the season, he will be in the market for a trade by deadline.

devin setoguchi says hi...

When I say sign and trade, I mean trade before trade deadline for a package that makes sense. I doubt Holland spends to cap to start the season, he will be in the market for a trade by deadline.

And I guarantee that is going to bite Wilson in the ass with FA in the future, plus, I allready covered that earlier (Snakes of GMs)

Eaves will, and should be, here for the duration of this contract... hopefully longer

Edited by stevkrause