• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wings re-sign Eaves to 3-year, $3.6m contract

Rate this topic

Woo-hoo, Stanley Cup here we come 'cause we got a fourth liner who can skate fast. :rolleyes:

Let's re-sign all the guys who helped us get the 17th best PK in the league last year.

What did he do this year more than the last one? Apart from being part of a thin, seriously inflated market?

At least we actually NEED a blueline. Eaves doesn't do anything 40 guys in the AHL could do for half the price.

and how many of the goals against on the PK were when he was on the ice? Because I remember very few of them...

he blocks shots, hits, skates very well, has a hell of a shot AND has good vision, you'd have to be blind to not notice his value OR how much of a value he is at only 1.2...

He is more than a 4th liner, he's just playing a 4th liner role here...

Edited by stevkrause

Great signing by Kenny. Good depth and I think Patty will keep getting better the longer his is with the team. :clap: :clap:

and how many of the goals against on the PK were when he was on the ice? Because I remember very few of them...

he blocks shots, hits, skates very well, has a hell of a shot AND has good vision, you'd have to be blind to not notice his value OR how much of a value he is at only 1.2...

I couldn't agree more and part of his value is that he is willing to play on the 4th line with no complaints or attidtude and just goes out and plays hard every shift no matter what line he is put on.

Great signing by Kenny. Good depth and I think Patty will keep getting better the longer his is with the team. :clap: :clap:

Dead on, he's still young and is only cracking the surface of what he's capable of... as I've said all along, he has all the tools to be a consistent 20 goal scorer!

At least we actually NEED a blueline. Eaves doesn't do anything 40 guys in the AHL could do for half the price.

I think that's an exaggeration, but even if not, do the Wings have any of those guys? If those guys do turn in the type of performance Eaves did, then they'll end up getting paid what Eaves does now. Don't let a quality guy walk just to see if win the roll of the dice on the next guy.

There may be many like him, but this one is ours.

So Ken's head isn't completely up his ass. Good move.

1/2 way stuck ... c'mon, Howard at $2M/yr, Ericsson at $3.25 ... Ericcson's defence will have to make Howard work that much more harder. If the numbers were switched between Howard and Ericcson, I wouldn't be as upset.

Why is he getting almost twice what he made last year? Bad signing, Kenny. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Don't be stupid. Ericsson's signing was a bad signing, this is phenominal. Eaves can play on any line, and given the opportunity, can score 20+ goals easy.

He's still young, too.

Woo-hoo, Stanley Cup here we come 'cause we got a fourth liner who can skate fast. :rolleyes:

Let's re-sign all the guys who helped us get the 17th best PK in the league last year.

What did he do this year more than the last one? Apart from being part of a thin, seriously inflated market?

Well, that's overstating it, but I do agree that his role is definitely more easily replaceable, hence the contract. Especially when you consider Draper is sitting around waiting to sign still.

That being said, it's great to have Eaves back. Yes there are other player who could do what he does for 13 minutes a game, but I'm glad he's a Red Wing.

Don't be stupid. Ericsson's signing was a bad signing, this is phenominal. Eaves can play on any line, and given the opportunity, can score 20+ goals easy.

He's still young, too.

This signing is such a bargain it's not even funny with the current market for FA's... I don't know how ANYONE could, ANYTHING but love this deal...

I expect this contract to be an absolute steal by the end of it.....

I'm going to have to insist that my 8 yr old play defence position.

Ericsson at $3.25M/yr, Wiz at $5.5M/yr ... Eaves at $1.2M/yr ??

No s***, right?

Its just mind blowing the kind of retarded contracts Dmen have gotten recently, then you have someone like Eaves getting just over a mil?

Try to keep the argument to facts, not anecdotal stuff that the facts can defeat.

I'm not denying he sometimes throws hits or sometimes blocks shots. But stats say he doesn't actually block shots or hit better 2010-11 than he did in 2009-10, in which he received a modest $250,000 raise.

2009-10 hits: 128

2010-11 hits: 106

2009-10 blocked shots: 44

2010-11 blocked shots: 27

2009-10 Wings PK rank: 10th

2010-11 Wings PK rank: 17th

Again I'll ask: What did he do that gives him significantly more money this coming (three) year(s) than the last two?

I am very happy with this signing, but as has been stated previously, we are NOT out of Bizzaro World; still trying to wrap my head around Big Rig's contract and thinking Eaves is worth more. I won't complain about paying him less, I just can't make sense out of these contracts next to each other.

Welcome Back, Patty!

Does it?

I just can't imagine how pissed off Howard, and Kronner is today.

Pretty much. It's sad to see that Eaves gets peanuts and Ericsson cashes in.

That said, it's great to have Eaves back! I can't believe that the same GM made both of these deals. I thought Eaves deserved 2M/yr.

Edited by Reds4Life

He's still young, too.

I hate to be the crapstain on this Eaves-gasm, but he's 27 so he's not terribly young (I don't expect great improvement on the core, goals-and-assists numbers), and if he's playing Hudler minutes, while Mursak, Tatar and Nyquist rot in GR, we're in deep trouble.

Again I'll ask: What did he do that gives him significantly more money this coming (three) year(s) than the last two?

Stats don't tell the whole story. There is also the thing about the cap increasing by about 6 million...

Try to keep the argument to facts, not anecdotal stuff that the facts can defeat.

I'm not denying he sometimes throws hits or sometimes blocks shots. But stats say he doesn't actually block shots or hit better 2010-11 than he did in 2009-10, in which he received a modest $250,000 raise.

2009-10 hits: 128

2010-11 hits: 106

2009-10 blocked shots: 44

2010-11 blocked shots: 27

2009-10 Wings PK rank: 10th

2010-11 Wings PK rank: 17th

and again, I'll state - he was underpaid the previous two years.

You either have a personal hang up with him, or you just are delusional as to what a player of his ability is worth, for you to even try and argue this isn't an amazing signing.

Does it?

I just can't imagine how pissed off Howard, and Kronner is today.

Agreed.

Not only does this NOT take the sting off the E contract, it makes it sting a whole hell of a lot more.

As I mentioned in the other thread, this is going to f*** with the other Wings' heads, and mess up team morale, knowing that most of them signed bargain contracts to help the team, while a money hungry bum like E gets a ridiculous 3.25 mil undeservedly thrown at him.

Stats don't tell the whole story. There is also the thing about the cap increasing by about 6 million...

I could have sworn Aaron Asham just got $775,000 this year from the Penguins. Call me crazy, but I think we need more of that on the fourth line than yet another guy who doesn't fight.