• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wings re-sign Eaves to 3-year, $3.6m contract

Rate this topic

Unless Helm and Abs have a HUGE turn-around to become amazing scorers, that's not happening.

And Holland didn't even throw Zetterberg or Datsyuk in the top six role in their first year in the NHL. They had to earn their ranks just like everyone else. Again the term doesn't make sense to keeping him. This deal reeks sign and trade.

Considering the players we have potentially coming up, I'd expect them to fill a third scoring line role, much like Pav and Hank did.

We have Homer, Hudler, and Bert expring next year. The only forward that seems really ready to make the jump by then is Tatar. Then we have Mursak, who will probably be rotating with Eaves and Miller this year, maybe looking for a regular spot. Then Emmerton and Andersson, both I think on the bubble as to whether they'll be NHL players. Maybe Nyquist and Callahan.

For top 6 forwards we'd have Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, and Cleary. Bottom 6 we have Helm, Abby (assuming we'd re-sign both), Eaves, Miller, Mursak. Emmerton as a sub. That should still leave a spot for a top 6 FA addition, a 3rd/4th line role for Tatar, and room for one of the other possibilities to crack the lineup or another FA addition. Worst (or best) case scenario we could have too many guys ready and look for a trade before the 12-13 season. Not sure when everyone runs out of waiver exemption, but there's always the chance of a 'ready' player spending an extra year on the farm.

It's not like we have a ton of prospects who are going to be demanding roster spots in the next 3 years, and even if we did they couldn't all play on the 4th line anyway.

Eaves obviously has a worse agent than Ericsson. :lol:

This is a great deal for the Wings. I thought Eaves would get at least 1.5 million and up to 2 million at the high end. 1.2 mil is fantastic.

Given the deals that have been thrown around (including the Ericsson contract) it's nice that Holland managed this one. Not a present to put beneath the fan's Christmas tree but certainly a small bauble to hang on a branch to entice us to stick around...

Guest echos myron

“I want to be with the Red Wings really bad, and everything worked out great between Kenny (Holland) and my agent, and for me, so I’ve very excited to be back,” said Eaves, who signed a three-year contract worth $3.6 million.

“It’s just the people, the people in the organization that I’m with every day,” said Eaves, in an exclusive interview with DetroitRedWings.com. “Everyone is awesome, and I really enjoy all of the friendships that I have there. It was the people that really made me want to come back to Detroit.”

Guest echos myron

great signing for that price. eaves - abs- mursak. i dont see much wrong with that 4th line.

Helm, Eaves and Mursak = fastest line in the NHL.

3 Years really, I just hope this guy improves a lot over that time because although I think he is good player he hasn't been as good as I've liked but I guess he fills his role fine.

What? Are you kidding? This kid can fill so many roles from a second line scorer with speed to a 4th line penatly killer. Hell with his quick right handed shot id even give him so pp time at the point. You think he needs to improve over time????? Even if he has hit his peak of ability(which i dont believe he has come close to) hes only getting paid 1.2 mil. Hes played well enough already to make atleast 2 mil. If hes given the ice time i guarantee he will meet all expectations he was projected to hit when he was drafted. Teams gave up on this guy way to early and the Wings have taken advantage of it and will continue to do so. This guys shown so much talent and potential that your post confuses me...