• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Too early to panic?

Rate this topic

Well with pretty much ever dman FA we wanted gone, is it safe to say this isnt going to be our year?

Is Lidstrom sitting at home saying "f***, why did I sign that contract?"

I think at this point the only way we are saving our D corps this year is if we make a trade (which id hate to see anyone leave except Huds).

Or we need Smith and Ericsson to come out like mad men this season, but I dont believe either of them are ready for that pressure.

f***...

A. Calm down

B. FA isn't the only way to go

C. Many of the FA were GROSSLY overpaid and some way over-rated (*cough* Ehrhoff *cough*) - so we're better off without them

D. Ian White is still a decent plan B and is still available

E. I honestly believe a trade is in the works

back to A - Relax.

Have a smoke, bro.

ive killed about 8 parliament lights already today, which is about triple my typical days worth. maybe its time to switch to reds for the day...

...or pull out the chronic :cool:

One of two things could happen:

1) Holland will sit tight and hope Ericsson plays up to his contract. (He won't) Holland will be forced into a trade later in the season.

2) Holland will have to work out a trade. Hudler will not be traded because I think Holland already mentioned no teams were interested in a trade. So look for a bigger trade, including Flip probably, to fill the needed gaps.

I dislike these turns of events, but I think it's worth the patience to see what Kenny does with a possible trade before we make a bunch of dumb statements that will be on the Internet forever. :P

What if this is Holland's next move?

wiliiams.jpg

Yah, Lidstrom might be questioning Kenny right now. Where are you going to find me that D partner?

I doubt it. Most of the FA signings were out of Holland's control. As for trading for negotiation rights, I can't remember so many FA's signing under those conditions as this year.

Edited by ElCapitan

Kenny dropped the ball on this months ago. If he really didn't see Rafalski's retirement coming or at least the potential for it, he's not doing his job. If he had been doing his job, he wouldn't be stuck once again as free agency starts like a couple years ago when he watched his four free agents all walk out on him. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that year as we were in a bit of cap hell and there were a lot of strange factors involved. But this year, we've got plenty of cap space to play with and the warning signs had to have been there if you're the GM of this team months ago, yet still, he's just not prepared.

I'm not really panicking as I'm just not surprised at this point and at worst, we still have a solid core up front. I'm just not happy with Holland right now at all. We'll probably sign Jovanovski in the next couple of hours which I'm fine with, but it and Ericsson aren't the deals we really needed to be making. If he doesn't have a trade up his sleeve, this is just another rough off-season for Holland. As I've said in other threads, I'm really starting to question his effectiveness in Detroit at this point, and I've generally been a longtime Holland-defender and most certainly not a basher.

Edited by gcom007

this is buls***, we are bringing back the same ******* team as last year, except now they are over paid. Great logic, we couldn't get it done last year so lets ******* try it again without making any changes, f*** you Ken Holland you lazy f***.

I haven't seen any deals made that I would have been happy with anyway. Have you seen some of the money being tossed at people? Rediculous amounts in some cases, no way a lot of those players actually earn the amount of $$$$ they will be making.

You can panic if you want, but it's not very constructive =)

see I don't understand this. Everyone says it's a weak FA market and players are being overpaid so Ericsson's contract doesn't look so bad. But Ericsson at no point is worth 3.25 million dollars, whether inflated or not. Let him walk it's not like Smith could be much worse, and save the cap money for through out the season when teams realize they won't be in the chase.

What I don't understand is what we are looking for? Kenny says we need a top 4 Defensemen and a top 6 Forward and then does nothing to address these positions while the guys that could fill that roll are almost all gone.

The Cap went up $5m.....did Kenny think the players weren't gonna capitalize on that???