winger30

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

And this?

Posted Image

OH GOD NO!!
Balanced is probably what I am, although that's just a polite way to say that you don't do anything very well.
Steve Yzerman

VK/SM believe!

#22 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

this is buls***, we are bringing back the samef****** team as last year, except now they are over paid. Great logic, we couldn't get it done last year so letsf****** try it again without making any changes, f*** you Ken Holland you lazy f***.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#23 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

CuJo is still out there.

#24 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

I haven't seen any deals made that I would have been happy with anyway. Have you seen some of the money being tossed at people? Rediculous amounts in some cases, no way a lot of those players actually earn the amount of $$$$ they will be making.

You can panic if you want, but it's not very constructive =)

see I don't understand this. Everyone says it's a weak FA market and players are being overpaid so Ericsson's contract doesn't look so bad. But Ericsson at no point is worth 3.25 million dollars, whether inflated or not. Let him walk it's not like Smith could be much worse, and save the cap money for through out the season when teams realize they won't be in the chase.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#25 grwingfan

grwingfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

What I don't understand is what we are looking for? Kenny says we need a top 4 Defensemen and a top 6 Forward and then does nothing to address these positions while the guys that could fill that roll are almost all gone.

The Cap went up $5m.....did Kenny think the players weren't gonna capitalize on that???

#26 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

I really hope that Holland has a big move up his sleeve. If not this will be one very busy year for Jimmy Howard. The Ericsson signing was terrible and the Commodore one was worse. Where are you Kenny we need a home run big time out of you.

#27 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

I really hope that Holland has a big move up his sleeve. If not this will be one very busy year for Jimmy Howard. The Ericsson signing was terrible and the Commodore one was worse. Where are you Kenny we need a home run big time out of you.

ya everyone is hoping that. but if the reg season starts with this current team, im gonna be furious.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#28 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

It's never the wrong time for LGW to go apes*** over anything :rolleyes:

It can always be worse.
  • Nev likes this
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#29 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

I don't like Kenny sitting back like this as Chicago just pulled in some decent tough men. All these teams have upgraded, while we I say have droped down. Still need alot of help, and we sign commadore as our "D". I thought Kenny would actually do something today with all those "D" out there but he didn't. I predict ANOTHER second round exit in the playoffs next year, but hey we can advertise we have been in the playoffs for 21 straight years now.

#30 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

I don't like Kenny sitting back like this as Chicago just pulled in some decent tough men. All these teams have upgraded, while we I say have droped down. Still need alot of help, and we sign commadore as our "D". I thought Kenny would actually do something today with all those "D" out there but he didn't. I predict ANOTHER second round exit in the playoffs next year, but hey we can advertise we have been in the playoffs for 21 straight years now.

Three young all stars with reasonable contracts - richards, carter, burns - have already been traded for less than we could have given up. What makes you think that Holland has ANYTHING up his sleeve?? Has he EVER pulled off a good trade in the salary cap era??

#31 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

It's never the wrong time for LGW to go apes*** over anything :rolleyes:

LOLz, so so true :lol:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#32 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

Three young all stars with reasonable contracts - richards, carter, burns - have already been traded for less than we could have given up. What makes you think that Holland has ANYTHING up his sleeve?? Has he EVER pulled off a good trade in the salary cap era??

Status quo seems to be his mantra... Seems like he's unwilling to trade any kind of major pieces. I understand that Holland doesn't want to trade Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Lidstrom but anyone else should really be available if the return is good enough...

#33 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

Not that I can think of off the top of my head.