• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Wings re-sign Miller to 2-year, $1.65m contract

Rate this topic

I don't like this. Unless we are trading Hudler, this seriously puts a dent in us attempting to get a top 6 guy.

Miller is a good player, but he is extremely replaceable and I would rather Mursak or Emmerton take over that role. He had better not be a permanent fixture in the lineup, unless we shake up some other players and make some moves.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

Good price, but god damnit unless were trading Hudler we got too many bodies upfront.

Too many bodies that do the same thing. Eaves, Miller, Mursak, Helm, Abdelkader, Filppula... These guys all play a strong defensive game, but their offense is limited and Abs is really the only physical one of the bunch.

We need to make some moves to shake things up. Holland said they are planning on changing things up, but so far it seems like a lot of the same... Not a good formula for winning, seeing as the "same" got knocked out of the playoffs by the same team the past two seasons.

Guest echos myron

I think it's been obvious for awhile that Emmerton isn't really in Detroit's plans.

Aassuming Draper and Modano are gone, that means there are 14 forwards left. I could see Hudler and Emmerton being moved in some sort of trade.

If Mursak outplays Miller, then Miller will be the one in the press box. Even so, .825 is nice depth. If not, then he's worth his money to play every night.

In the best scenario, the two of them compete for ice time and bring out the best in each other by upping the competition.

Edited by 55fan