• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Derek Meech signs 1-year contract with Winnipeg

Rate this topic

Atlanta.

Good for Meech. Consummate team guy, real class act. Was totally accepting and embracing of his role with the Griffins last year.

I never cared for his play much, but his personality won me over on a personal level... he seems like a real hard working, humble, team guy

if given the minutes and time maybe he can develop into a legit NHL'er... he's still pretty young, I wish him the best of luck!

Guest Heaten

Meech was the best defenseman on the Griffins. He was simply amazing to watch in GR last year. He is way underrated.

Meech was the best defenseman on the Griffins. He was simply amazing to watch in GR last year. He is way underrated.

Agreed on his ability in GR... as for being underrated- I just question if he'll ever be more than an excellent AHL'er... I wish him the best and really hope he gets a real look in Winnipeg and prove that he IS an NHL'er

Edited by stevkrause

I like hearing "Meech to Winnepeg" better than "Meech to Atlanta"...It sounds more hockey-friendly

Seriously... the only reason why I went into this thread was to comment on that :P

I'll be real interested to see what he can provide for the Jets. I really did like him hear he just wasn't good enough to stay on the Wings roster. Hopefully Derek can contribute a lot to this team in their first season back in the NHL.