• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Wings sign D Mike Commodore to 1-year, $1m contract

Rate this topic

7th D, big and still 31 ... experience and only 1 million for 1 year ... NO PROBLEM FOR ME.

I'm not sure that he will be our 7th D - he might turn to be great addition, keep Cleary/Eaves/Miller in your mind. What will be relation now between Bab's and Commodore 64??? :)

Guest CaliWingsNut

Hmmm.... Wonder if commodore was a favorite of Hitchcock?? :ph34r:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live/content/sports/stories/2009/01/27/jackets_1-27.ART_ART_01-27-09_C1_M8CMUVB.html?sid=101

Babcock was a rookie NHL coach during the 2002-03 season and Commodore had just arrived via a trade from New Jersey. Commodore, who had played 57 NHL games for the Devils, said Babcock screamed at him during a drill on the first day of training camp. Commodore later watched as a player fresh from junior hockey, Kurt Sauer, got promoted ahead of him.

"It didn't take long before I knew I had a one-way ticket to (minor-league affiliate) Cincinnati," Commodore said.

He admits he took a poor attitude to the minors, where he spent three or four nights a week drinking. The Ducks recalled Commodore twice, but he never played in a game.

The defenseman says Babcock ripped him in the media, although he can't recall the particulars.

"It was something to the effect that I had no business in the league," Commodore said. "My (father) is still mad about it."

The Wings are also going to be driving me to drinking if this keeps up.

I guess Holland needed some place to hide hudler and Mike Commodore's hair was available for 900k and the body attached came for an extra 100k.

That's hilarious.

You know, every year the Wings have trouble with injuries. Maybe Commode's our designated injury guy. He gets injured so other players don't have to. Maybe? Please?

I'm not sure that he will be our 7th D - he might turn to be great addition, keep Cleary/Eaves/Miller in your mind. What will be relation now between Bab's and Commodore 64??? :)

Im thinking more like Cory Cross.