• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Wings sign D Mike Commodore to 1-year, $1m contract

Rate this topic

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-commodore-conundrum-professional-or-personal/

The Blue Jackets placed Commodore on waivers on Thursday, amid growing rumors of a “large” trade deal in the works by General Manager Scott Howson. (As expected, he cleared waivers on Friday). Commodore then chose to kick up the volume on the public relations battle, with further comments to the Dispatch:

. . . I’ve been scratched in seven of the last eight games. We’ve got guys going down with food poisoning or the flu, and I still can’t get into the lineup. . . I’ve sat quiet and I’ve worked my (butt) off all year. I haven’t said anything, while Arniel has gone to the media and said, basically, that I can’t play. It gets to the point where I have to have some personal pride and I have to stand up for myself. I think it is personal. He says it isn’t, but I have some serious doubts. I was playing well before I was scratched. That trip (to western Canada) might have been one of the better road trips I’ve ever had, and then we get back and I get scratched. . . “For him to say I can’t even crack the lineup on a team that it would be one thing if we were in first place. But for a team that’s up and down, I just don’t buy it. Sorry.

One year, one million. One year, one million. One year, one million....

I'm usually cool as hell, but this signing made even my eyebrows rise for two seconds.

When I think about Commodore I think about this:

First he misses a check and flies into the bench. Then he loses his composure and goes after Franzén while he could've done something to prevent Wings' goal.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Well ladies and gentlemen, there's our number two guy. A guy who's been plagued with injury problems and only played 20 games last year.

There's no master plan folks.

On that note, I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

Are you being serious? He won't be our #2 guy.

I'm not a Commodore fan, but he's big, can play on the PK and PP and is a RH shot. For one year for $1 mill, it's a decent signing as a bottom pairing guy.

If you think of it as a replacement for Salei, it's an upgrade.

Now let's see how him and Babs get along....

Most of you wanted us to get bigger and meaner. This is what you ask for. Commondore is what 6.3 right? Ericsson 6.5. Stuart 6.2, Lids and Kroonner 6.1, Kindl 6.3 and Smith 6.2. Our defense is bigger than your average defense. Will addition of Commondore it is definitely tougher. I would event replace Kindl with O'Brien to get even more tougher. Remember how we played again those Joe Thorntons? Now we addressed it even if he is 6th def.

Most of you wanted us to get bigger and meaner. This is what you ask for. Commondore is what 6.3 right? Ericsson 6.5. Stuart 6.2, Lids and Kroonner 6.1, Kindl 6.3 and Smith 6.2. Our defense is bigger than your average defense. Will addition of Commondore it is definitely tougher. I would event replace Kindl with O'Brien to get even more tougher. Remember how we played again those Joe Thorntons? Now we addressed it even if he is 6th def.

Commodore is actually 6'5" and 235 lbs.

As someone already mentioned, hopefully this will be another successful Holland reclamation project.

He's slow, but could he really be slower than Salei?

Oh, you mean this Mike Commodore; from ESPN:

If Commodore clears waivers by noon ET Friday, the Blue Jackets will also buy out the remaining two years on Commodore's deal. He was due $6.85 million over the last two years of a five-year deal he signed with Columbus prior to the 2008-09 season.

One million is chump change and tip money. He's a playa.