• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Wings sign D Mike Commodore to 1-year, $1m contract

Rate this topic

commodore will be a fan favorite (he was in carolina when i watched him play - he was my favorite).

he'll also be a whipping boy since everybody will be waiting for that bad pass.

With Ericsson's new contract, there's no way anyone could be a bigger whipping boy than him. He was the biggest one this year as a #5 guy making 900k. Next season they'll probably bash him for not stepping onto the ice correctly for his very first shift.

to be honest im pretty happy with this signing. its only a 1 year 1 million dollar contract. Its a replacment for salei, and he's not european. Not saying thats a great thing, but what it does mean is that Detroit just got abit more tough and alittle bit more mean. If Commodore plays with his head too and not running around all over the place (which i couldn't see babs letting fly), our pk could show some improvement as well. i hope it works out mike! Now Kenny Bogasian would be nice.

So now we have not one, but two right handed shots on the blue line? Hmmm...this may not be a bad thing to have in the arsenal.

Hmm with white and Commy signed it makes you wonder if one of Kindl or Smith is a potential trade piece for a guy like Yandle. Commodore is the perfect number 6/7 guy, especially to show Ericcson how to use his size. White is no ***** either. If the wings can land a bigger offensive guy in a trade it will be a great sett up. It is decent as of right now.

The D got tougher for sure, White doesnt really take crap from anyone either, hes not on Commodores level but still can throw a check and play feisty.

Hopefully adding some Canadian blood to the backend will help Ericcson toughen up a bit, and guys like Abby will play tougher too knowing theres a 6'5 mean Canadian back there backing him up

Wings are gonna have their hands full this year playing Chicago. Adding Carcillo, Montador (specifically Carcillo) just made that team a lot more a ***** to play against.

Commodore can at least handle guys like Carcillo pretty well and toughens up their back end. This should help keep carcillo out of Howards face.

Im willing to bet money Carcillo and Commodore will fight next year.

Wings are gonna have their hands full this year playing Chicago. Adding Carcillo, Montador (specifically Carcillo) just made that team a lot more a ***** to play against.

Commodore can at least handle guys like Carcillo pretty well and toughens up their back end. This should help keep carcillo out of Howards face.

Im willing to bet money Carcillo and Commodore will fight next year.

montador is a tiny blip on the radar, since when has that guy become a "***** to play against"?

montador is a tiny blip on the radar, since when has that guy become a "***** to play against"?

because it all adds up. Carcillo is a huge blip on the radar but combined with O'Donnell, Montador, and Mayers the Hawks all of a suddn became a pretty damn tough team that is going to be very physical against our top guys and probably not gonna be afraid of being all over Howard.

Jeremy Morin is probably gonna be up full time and he also plays that type of game and John Scott will be in and out of the lineup still.

Chicago got pretty damn tough all of a sudden and at least now Commodore can help defend against that. Abdelkader wont be all alone which will help him play tougher too since someone is backing him up

Sends your mind back to the days of Mathieu Dandenault and Fredrik Olausson.

DOES...NOT...COMPUTE...ERROR...REBOOTING SYSTEM....

If I recall correctly, wasnt Dandenault a right handed version of today's Lebda? And I do believe that Freddie's shining moment was hitting that one goal against Wahhh when we destroyed him 7-0.

So now, if only Commodore Norrington can score 1 goal against Wahhh in a blow out he will impress me. If not, then we shall have to see some stellar defensive play capped off with hard nosed crease clearing.

DOES...NOT...COMPUTE...ERROR...REBOOTING SYSTEM....

If I recall correctly, wasnt Dandenault a right handed version of today's Lebda? And I do believe that Freddie's shining moment was hitting that one goal against Wahhh when we destroyed him 7-0.

So now, if only Commodore Norrington can score 1 goal against Wahhh in a blow out he will impress me. If not, then we shall have to see some stellar defensive play capped off with hard nosed crease clearing.

Dandenault was much, MUCH more competent than Lebda, man.

Freddie also scored the OT winner in Game 3 I believe of that same series.

I don't see the downside to this deal.

He's just a little bit of an idiot with his twitter and complaints to the media about his coaches and so he has rubbed some fans the wrong way. The hope is that he'll learn a little bit from the notorious "Lidstrom locker room effect." Lidstrom is one of the best players to ever play the game, captain of the Red Wings and yet he shows no ego. Therefore, in theory, no one else is allowed to either. But again, it's just a theory.

Guest Crymson

He's just a little bit of an idiot with his twitter and complaints to the media about his coaches and so he has rubbed some fans the wrong way. The hope is that he'll learn a little bit from the notorious "Lidstrom locker room effect." Lidstrom is one of the best players to ever play the game, captain of the Red Wings and yet he shows no ego. Therefore, in theory, no one else is allowed to either. But again, it's just a theory.

I think he knows that he'll end up on waivers again if he misbehaves. He doesn't exactly have many career options these days.

I'm happy to see that there are people in Wings nation that are as happy about this as I am! Even if he might be a healthy scratch or gets assigned to the minors, he could be like Danny Cleary and pop back up and be a major contributor down the road. The only thing that worries me is him making more excuses about his poor play when he'll be with such a high class team. No excuses just results! Welcome to Detroit Mike Commodore!

Would that make Commodore the first Red Wing on Twitter?