258 replies to this topic

#161 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

Commodore is a douchebag.

First we give E 3 and a quarter per, then we sign this clown? What the f*** is happening?

Did Kenny stop taking his meds or something?

Where is Ashton hiding at? Are we all getting punked?

Edited by sleepwalker, 01 July 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#162 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

We just signed a guy whose name makes me think of a toilet?

Oh, well. Life goes on.

So he's not a guy in Lionel Richie's band? f***!!
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#163 A.T.Hun

A.T.Hun

You wouldn't like Wayne when he's angry . . .

• Gold Booster
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

Cap space for what? Who is the imaginary 27-year-old, hard-checking, 6'3", fast-skating, puck-moving, 40-point unrestricted free agent defenseman we are going to sign with this cap space? Paul Mara? You show me the magical splash that can be made this offseason and I'll show you Bigfoot. Believe me, there will be cap space left over after the offseason, and so much the better because it'll allow both trade flexibility and better activity in the market in the future. This market sucks for defensemen.

You forgot that part about how he'll sign for $2 million per just for the privilege of playing for the Red Wings. But otherwise QFT.

#164 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

...give the guy a chance before deciding its horrible because he went into the wings bench once.

The guy was sent down last year for not getting along with his coaches, and has in the past publicly stated that Mike Babcock was a detriment to his career. Babcock, for those who don't seem to remember, is our head coach. In what way do we need to "give this a chance" to see that it just MIGHT be a bad idea?

#165 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

#166 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

I don't understand this signing I remember reading a few years ago how Commodore dident like Babcock's style and he felt that Babcock hurt his career.

#167 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...mpid=nhl-rxl-fb

JUL 1 F Mike Commodore Read story Detroit Columbus

Even the NHL doesn't consider this guy a defenseman. If this is Holland's big move on defense Illitch better be making a big move for a new GM.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#168 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

Help me out here guys, there must be another Mike Commodore that I've never heard of right?

Because the only Mike Commodore I can think of

* Is fat, lazy and sucks

* Got sent to the AHL by the BJ's (the BJ's!) for being fat, lazy and sucking

* Fell out with Mike Babcock (aka our current coach) when he called him out for being fat, lazy and sucking

* Got bought out by the BJs for being fat, lazy and sucking

* Is fat, lazy and sucks

If someone could give me a short potted history of this other Mike Commodore I'd be very grateful k thks
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#169 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=69926&navid=mod-rr-headlines&cmpid=nhl-rxl-fb

Even the NHL doesn't consider this guy a defenseman. If this is Holland's big move on defense Illitch better be making a big move for a new GM.

Why do you people have it stuck in your head that this is a big move on defense? A bottom pairing guy was needed, and if he doesn't achieve that #6 spot? Then that means Kindl outplayed him and earned that spot.

#170 TheRedWingsWay

TheRedWingsWay

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

Help me out here guys, there must be another Mike Commodore that I've never heard of right?

Because the only Mike Commodore I can think of

* Is fat, lazy and sucks

* Got sent to the AHL by the BJ's (the BJ's!) for being fat, lazy and sucking

* Fell out with Mike Babcock (aka our current coach) when he called him out for being fat, lazy and sucking

* Got bought out by the BJs for being fat, lazy and sucking

* Is fat, lazy and sucks

If someone could give me a short potted history of this other Mike Commodore I'd be very grateful k thks

You forgot to mention how he is fat, lazy and sucks.

#171 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

#172 drewicho

drewicho

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, your newest Detroit Red Wing:

http://puckthemedia....677405_2022.jpg

Please at least smack Patrick Kane's jerkoff face with that gut once or twice.

Come back, Timmy C.!

[IMG]
http://www.neutralzo...om/photos/chevy

#173 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

Over a guy who couldnt crack the NHL with Edmonton.

Everyone forgets how good Commy was with Carolina in the playoffs, he got a big pay day from Columbus for that reason. He is big, plays physical, will fight and clear the crease. He is a great signing as a guy to rotate in and out with Smith and Kindl.

He was bad with Columbus but so is pretty much anyone not named Rick Nash, give the guy a chance before deciding its horrible because he went into the wings bench once. People will forget all about it when hes out there and noone is digging at Howard without getting put on their ass

Indeed, I almost forgot that in the play-offs you clutch and grab. He is a master in this. Just a bit worse than Hal Gill.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#174 Wings Fan in Aves Country

Wings Fan in Aves Country

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

commodore is surely aware that mike babcock coaches the red wings, so i am guessing he is over what ever past problems he had with him

still a big upside with this signing despite its lack of excitability

with the slim pickings on defense, we should sign a forward who can make a big impact cause you don't need to defend when you have the puck

#175 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

Um. :blink:

Well at least we didn't get Jagr, I guess. :blink:

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#176 WingsFan4

WingsFan4

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

God help me!!!!!!!!! This guy is really a Red Wing? Was I was having a nightmare.

Official Detroit Red Wings
The Red Wings have agreed to terms with Mike Commodore on a one-year deal. You can follow him on Twitter by clicking the link below.

Posted Image

http://twitter.com/#!/commie22

#177 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

commodore is surely aware that mike babcock coaches the red wings, so i am guessing he is over what ever past problems he had with him

still a big upside with this signing despite its lack of excitability

with the slim pickings on defense, we should sign a forward who can make a big impact cause you don't need to defend when you have the puck

Wait change those words from Commodore to Williams and defense to offense and you have the Wings 2 seasons ago.

The wings lost one of the best puck moving D men, if you aren't aware what has made Detroit so good at puck possession in the past was their Defenses' ability to make the first past out of the zone.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#178 Taylorov

Taylorov

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

Never liked the guy. Can't believe he's a Wing. :thumbdown:

Posted Image

#179 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

The wings lost one of the best puck moving D men, if you aren't aware what has made Detroit so good at puck possession in the past was their Defenses' ability to make the first past out of the zone.

If you aren't aware, the Wings also lost a 36 year old bottom pairing DMan. People, Commodore is NOT Rafalski's replacement! Jiminy! $1m for 1 year for a guy who hits, fights, plays stay at home D? What's the beef here?
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#180 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

If you aren't aware, the Wings also lost a 36 year old bottom pairing DMan. People, Commodore is NOT Rafalski's replacement! Jiminy! $1m for 1 year for a guy who hits, fights, plays stay at home D? What's the beef here?

Same s*** every year. Fan doesn't get what they want, fan throws a ***** fit. Welcome to summer.