• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lonewuhf

Buffalo signs Ville Leino to 6-year, 27m contract

Rate this topic

I assume he's referring to the lack of production. 1G, 1A, 8 GP.

I haven't heard anything about him being a disruption or locker-room problem.

In the pre-game show on the radio the other night, they said that Leino had twice gone to Coach Ruff and said that he would sooner play on the wing than at centre. Apparently, he was told when he signed he was signed as a centre and not as a winger. Whether it was done on purpose or not, Ruff let this story "slip" to the media. When he was moved back to the wing the other night v. Tampa Bay, it was maybe his best game of the early season, playing on a line with Derek Roy and Drew Stafford.

Guest 13GoWings40

In the pre-game show on the radio the other night, they said that Leino had twice gone to Coach Ruff and said that he would sooner play on the wing than at centre. Apparently, he was told when he signed he was signed as a centre and not as a winger. Whether it was done on purpose or not, Ruff let this story "slip" to the media. When he was moved back to the wing the other night v. Tampa Bay, it was maybe his best game of the early season, playing on a line with Derek Roy and Drew Stafford.

Wow, the guy really has an attitude for someone who hasn't done s*** in the NHL except for one good playoff season.

Wow, the guy really has an attitude for someone who hasn't done s*** in the NHL except for one good playoff season.

When a player is telling his coach his opinion it doesn't necessarily mean that he has an attitude. It happens all the time in every team.

Guest Crymson

Leino's pretty much as useless in Buffalo as he was in Detroit. He did well with the Flyers because he was playing on a nit-and-grit team on which his linemates did literally all of the hard work. Not so in Buffalo.

Leino's pretty much as useless in Buffalo as he was in Detroit. He did well with the Flyers because he was playing on a nit-and-grit team on which his linemates did literally all of the hard work. Not so in Buffalo.

You don't win games by only working hard. You don't win games by only having talent. You need both.

That's also why some lines work and some lines don't. You need combinations of both. And Kassian-Adam-Leino line has been their best line in the past few games. Reminds me a lot of the Hartnell-Briere-Leino line from last year and the year before. It's a nice mix of power forward on the wing, sniper on the center and playmaker on the other wing.

Sure Leino's not doing well in Buffalo and his attitude didn't seem to be right when he played here. I don't get why some fans hasn't still gotten over a player who was a healthy scratch two seasons ago? Wings lost nothing in acquiring him and later trading him away. I didn't like it when he stated that he doesn't want to spend another season in the AHL but I wasn't that hurt that I would still gripe about it. Many players feel like he does but are wise enough not to say it aloud. Then again players would go crazy if besides all the pressure of playing in the NHL they had to care what fans think about them.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Sure leino's not doing well in Buffalo and his attitude didn't seem to be right when he played here. I don't get why some fans hasn't still gotten over a player who was a healthy scratch two seasons ago? Wings lost nothing in acquiring him and later trading him away. I didn't like it when he stated that he doesn't want to spend another season in the AHL but I wasn't that hurt that I would still gripe about it. Many players feel like he does but are wise enough not to say it aloud. Then again players would go crazy if besides all the pressure of playing in the NHL they had to care what fans think about them.

Because if he succeeds somewhere else it makes it look like Holland made a mistake in letting him go, and some people apparently can't accept that idea. So all players that leave Detroit must fail, or at least be made to look like they fail. Also see Quincey and Kopecky.

Sure leino's not doing well in Buffalo and his attitude didn't seem to be right when he played here. I don't get why some fans hasn't still gotten over a player who was a healthy scratch two seasons ago? Wings lost nothing in acquiring him and later trading him away. I didn't like it when he stated that he doesn't want to spend another season in the AHL but I wasn't that hurt that I would still gripe about it. Many players feel like he does but are wise enough not to say it aloud. Then again players would go crazy if besides all the pressure of playing in the NHL they had to care what fans think about them.

It's all about the arguments between those who think Holland made a mistake in letting them go and those who don't.

These players rarely get bashed just because.

How long is that contract?

If you can't get your name on the scoresheet, get it in the headlines.

5 more seasons at $4.5 million.

I really have nothing against Leino, but I'm shocked he got a six year contract like that based on so little previous performance to show he'd ever earn it.

5 more seasons at $4.5 million.

I really have nothing against Leino, but I'm shocked he got a six year contract like that based on so little previous performance to show he'd ever earn it.

These days teams need to pay good players star money to get them during the off-season. Last summer Buffalo, Columbus and especially Florida really wanted to upgrade their rosters by any means possible. Those who think Filppula is overpaid haven't realized that $2-3 million in 2006 is equal to $4-5 million now.

Wow. That's quet the investment into Leino. Hope it works for Buffalo. Maybe he wont fall on his face like Kovalchuk did when he got that rediculous contract until he's old enough to actually retire and get social security.