• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

Hudler's a natural center too. Let's put him between Franzen and Cleary or Bertuzzi and see how it works.

I'm totally OK with that.

As for the "paying for potential" part...

Tim Connolly is only three years older. Connolly is a proven commodity

Again as I said, "proven" isn't always the better option. Connolly has already proven what he can do and what kinda player he is. Leino is one of the better examples of these so called "late bloomers" in the recent years.Leino being younger is of course positive as well, but the potential lies more in the fact that he's only played one full NHL season.

I'm not looking at statistics here, eva. I know you like to play with them in every case. I've been pretty correct about Leino from the beginning. Of course I hope success to him, but I also firmly believe that he still has potential. I don't have too much statistic data to back it up, but it just a gut feeling.

To me this is the first time his given a clear and big offensive role at this level. I just smell +60 points next season. I also know by watching him play a LOT in the last nine years that he has developed a lot defensively also, particulary last year.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#42 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

Leino has his first goal of the season for the Buffalo Sabers. Looks pretty good as of now.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#43 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

i wonder if he'll make it for more than 2 years on this team..
Posted Image

#44 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

i wonder if he'll make it for more than 2 years on this team..

Why wouldn't he? What do you think is the reason for him not to be with Flyers anymore?

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#45 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

I just picked this guy up as a free agent in my fantasy league. Hopefully he keeps up the pace of 82 goals!

I think he will have a few strong years on Buffalo, that team is the real deal, and Leino is almost guaranteed the #2 centre spot. Dont really have to worry about his defensive lapses with Regehr, Myers, Erhoff, and Miller behind him!

#46 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

I just picked this guy up as a free agent in my fantasy league. Hopefully he keeps up the pace of 82 goals!

I think he will have a few strong years on Buffalo, that team is the real deal, and Leino is almost guaranteed the #2 centre spot. Dont really have to worry about his defensive lapses with Regehr, Myers, Erhoff, and Miller behind him!

I agree with this,he'll do well there. Leino is a great talent and would do well almost anywhere at this point, his confidence is must be real high since leaving here. For whatever reason the stars were not in alignment for Ville here but I am glad to see him having solid career going.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#47 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:20 AM

Uh-oh, he's already stirring the pot.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#48 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

Why wouldn't he? What do you think is the reason for him not to be with Flyers anymore?

Likely the 27 million reasons.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#49 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

Uh-oh, he's already stirring the pot.

Huh?

Posted Image

#50 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

Huh?

I assume he's referring to the lack of production. 1G, 1A, 8 GP.

I haven't heard anything about him being a disruption or locker-room problem.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#51 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

I assume he's referring to the lack of production. 1G, 1A, 8 GP.

I haven't heard anything about him being a disruption or locker-room problem.

In the pre-game show on the radio the other night, they said that Leino had twice gone to Coach Ruff and said that he would sooner play on the wing than at centre. Apparently, he was told when he signed he was signed as a centre and not as a winger. Whether it was done on purpose or not, Ruff let this story "slip" to the media. When he was moved back to the wing the other night v. Tampa Bay, it was maybe his best game of the early season, playing on a line with Derek Roy and Drew Stafford.

#52 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

In the pre-game show on the radio the other night, they said that Leino had twice gone to Coach Ruff and said that he would sooner play on the wing than at centre. Apparently, he was told when he signed he was signed as a centre and not as a winger. Whether it was done on purpose or not, Ruff let this story "slip" to the media. When he was moved back to the wing the other night v. Tampa Bay, it was maybe his best game of the early season, playing on a line with Derek Roy and Drew Stafford.

Wow, the guy really has an attitude for someone who hasn't done s*** in the NHL except for one good playoff season.

#53 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

Posted Image

works every time

#54 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

Wow, the guy really has an attitude for someone who hasn't done s*** in the NHL except for one good playoff season.

When a player is telling his coach his opinion it doesn't necessarily mean that he has an attitude. It happens all the time in every team.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#55 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Uh-oh.

#56 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:07 AM

Leino's pretty much as useless in Buffalo as he was in Detroit. He did well with the Flyers because he was playing on a nit-and-grit team on which his linemates did literally all of the hard work. Not so in Buffalo.

#57 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:09 AM

The Finish Fail is back folks.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#58 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:48 AM

Pre-Flyers 09-10 Leino is back.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#59 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

Leino's pretty much as useless in Buffalo as he was in Detroit. He did well with the Flyers because he was playing on a nit-and-grit team on which his linemates did literally all of the hard work. Not so in Buffalo.

You don't win games by only working hard. You don't win games by only having talent. You need both.

That's also why some lines work and some lines don't. You need combinations of both. And Kassian-Adam-Leino line has been their best line in the past few games. Reminds me a lot of the Hartnell-Briere-Leino line from last year and the year before. It's a nice mix of power forward on the wing, sniper on the center and playmaker on the other wing.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#60 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

Sure Leino's not doing well in Buffalo and his attitude didn't seem to be right when he played here. I don't get why some fans hasn't still gotten over a player who was a healthy scratch two seasons ago? Wings lost nothing in acquiring him and later trading him away. I didn't like it when he stated that he doesn't want to spend another season in the AHL but I wasn't that hurt that I would still gripe about it. Many players feel like he does but are wise enough not to say it aloud. Then again players would go crazy if besides all the pressure of playing in the NHL they had to care what fans think about them.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 09 December 2011 - 03:39 PM.

-- Mitch Albom