• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Sure leino's not doing well in Buffalo and his attitude didn't seem to be right when he played here. I don't get why some fans hasn't still gotten over a player who was a healthy scratch two seasons ago? Wings lost nothing in acquiring him and later trading him away. I didn't like it when he stated that he doesn't want to spend another season in the AHL but I wasn't that hurt that I would still gripe about it. Many players feel like he does but are wise enough not to say it aloud. Then again players would go crazy if besides all the pressure of playing in the NHL they had to care what fans think about them.

Because if he succeeds somewhere else it makes it look like Holland made a mistake in letting him go, and some people apparently can't accept that idea. So all players that leave Detroit must fail, or at least be made to look like they fail. Also see Quincey and Kopecky.

#62 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Sure leino's not doing well in Buffalo and his attitude didn't seem to be right when he played here. I don't get why some fans hasn't still gotten over a player who was a healthy scratch two seasons ago? Wings lost nothing in acquiring him and later trading him away. I didn't like it when he stated that he doesn't want to spend another season in the AHL but I wasn't that hurt that I would still gripe about it. Many players feel like he does but are wise enough not to say it aloud. Then again players would go crazy if besides all the pressure of playing in the NHL they had to care what fans think about them.

It's all about the arguments between those who think Holland made a mistake in letting them go and those who don't.

These players rarely get bashed just because.

Posted Image

#63 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

Here's the elbow that got him the one game ban.

#64 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

How long is that contract?
If you can't get your name on the scoresheet, get it in the headlines.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#65 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

How long is that contract?
If you can't get your name on the scoresheet, get it in the headlines.

5 more seasons at $4.5 million.

I really have nothing against Leino, but I'm shocked he got a six year contract like that based on so little previous performance to show he'd ever earn it.

#66 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

5 more seasons at $4.5 million.

I really have nothing against Leino, but I'm shocked he got a six year contract like that based on so little previous performance to show he'd ever earn it.

These days teams need to pay good players star money to get them during the off-season. Last summer Buffalo, Columbus and especially Florida really wanted to upgrade their rosters by any means possible. Those who think Filppula is overpaid haven't realized that $2-3 million in 2006 is equal to $4-5 million now.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#67 BryceWings

BryceWings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

Wow. That's quet the investment into Leino. Hope it works for Buffalo. Maybe he wont fall on his face like Kovalchuk did when he got that rediculous contract until he's old enough to actually retire and get social security.