• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heaten

Winners / Losers?

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

I like what the Sabres did. They have a win now philosophy. On the flip side, they are ignoring the future with some of those long terms contracts.

Panthers is the wildcard. I am excited to see what they do. They are going to be better if all these players jel.

Losers:

I don't like what Vancouver and Chicago did. Chicago got older and more delicate and lost an important peice to their cup in campbell, That leaves a big hole

Canucks lost Ehroff and Torres. Torres was their true grit and clutch goal scoring forward. They sign a guy for the top6 with with no knees and still have a hole on defense. Bieska, like Ericsson, didn't deserve that big of a contract because he has not proven anything outside of this year. He was their #1 whipping boy. Canucks regressed.

Who do you like/dislike?

Oh, and you can't fault Holland for not making any big moves in this horrible UFA offseason. Sometimes the best deals are no deals..

I like what the Sabres did. They have a win now philosophy. On the flip side, they are ignoring the future with some of those long terms contracts.

Panthers is the wildcard. I am excited to see what they do. They are going to be better if all these players jel.

Losers:

I don't like what Vancouver and Chicago did. Chicago got older and more delicate and lost an important peice to their cup in campbell, That leaves a big hole

Canucks lost Ehroff and Torres. Torres was their true grit and clutch goal scoring forward. They sign a guy for the top6 with with no knees and still have a hole on defense. Bieska, like Ericsson, didn't deserve that big of a contract because he has not proven anything outside of this year. He was their #1 whipping boy. Canucks regressed.

Who do you like/dislike?

Oh, and you can't fault Holland for not making any big moves in this horrible UFA offseason. Sometimes the best deals are no deals..

You're right, but thus far the Wings have not improved. Not bashing Holland, I'm usually defending him, but even if these signings work out, the team is worse than last year because we have yet to replace Rafalski.

I don't think Buffalo improved. They moved some pieces but it won't work.

My views here are the winners and losers.

Winners

1. Columbus Jeff Carter and Wisnieski nuff said!

2. Ericsson's pocketbook I still can't over him getting $3.25 Million a year for the next 3 years

We Shall See how it pans out

1. Buffalo I was ok with the Erhoff deal but this Leino deal makes me bump them out of my winners category. Ericsson's deal looks great compared to what Leino got. Plus I don't like there long term deals

2. Florida I am not sure how these deals will pan out e.g. Jovo and Campbell. I really think that most of these moves were to spend money to get to the floor.

Losers (I am including four on this one because I am posting it)

1. Philadelphia I realize they had cap issues but they traded away both their stars for a GOALIE who is 30 and making $5.5 Million a year.... They also signed Jager pffttt....

2. Chicago Blackhawks I understand Duncan Keith's deal is up next year but they moved so many pieces of that team this year and they haven't done much to improve. I have to wonder did Writz tell Stan B. to do a Salary dump?????

3. Avalanche Trading for Varmalov what a dopey move especially giving up a potential lottery pick.....

4. My Sanity..... Today has been one of the most frustrating days of my life as a hockey fan. The Wings haven't done ANYTHING (except re-sign Eaves which I liked)

Losers:

Who do you like/dislike?

Its not like the Wings lost 50 points on the back end... oh wait...

Its not like the Wings lost 50 points on the back end... oh wait...

I am starting to think after today's in action he has something up his sleeve. Either a Trading Kronwall, Hulder and a Prospect/or draft pick for Bogosian because Winnipeg has a significant amount to spend to hit the floor at least $10-12 Million or a RFA offer sheet for Doughty. I am not defending Ken at all because I am just as angry but I am starting to think there is a back room plan.

Winners:

Sharks, who are already BETTER than the Wings right now. Have put the Wings in the rearview mirror. And have taken it up a notch and are now looking to take down Vancouver. Made a bold trade on draft day getting Burns. This is still the best move of the off-season so far.

Losers:

Red Wings, talked a big game after losing a top 2 defenseman with a right handed shot. Only to fail at every turn trying to fill this huge whole. Watched team after team outsmart them, and beat them to the punch acquiring rights, and then signing every target Ken Holland had on his list.

Winners:

Sharks, who are already BETTER than the Wings right now. Have put the Wings in the rearview mirror. And have taken it up a notch and are now looking to take down Vancouver. Made a bold trade on draft day getting Burns. This is still the best move of the off-season so far.

This is exactly what's so frustrating. The Sharks have edged us out the last 2 years. Then we lose a top pairing defenseman and they gain one.

I really hope that Kenny has some sort of trade for a D planned, because the Sharks have been HUGE winners with their changes. They're going to be scary next year.

Edit: Oh, and the losers: Florida. Yes, they've gained many NHL-caliber players, something which their roster previously didn't have. But they're over-paid and it just shows that they need to get to the cap floor. The players are odds and ends...Florida is just randomly throwing over-paid second-tier players into their roster.

Edited by Zetts

You know that FA is not over... right?

I am starting to think after today's in action he has something up his sleeve. Either a Trading Kronwall, Hulder and a Prospect/or draft pick for Bogosian because Winnipeg has a significant amount to spend to hit the floor at least $10-12 Million or a RFA offer sheet for Doughty. I am not defending Ken at all because I am just as angry but I am starting to think there is a back room plan.

Kronwall for Bogo, by itself would be an AWFUL move.

given the changes we have seen so far to the Western Conference what do you think the order of finish will be?

1: Sharks

2: Vancouver

3: Kings

4: Red Wings

5: Anaheim

6: Chicago

7: Nashville

8: Columbus

9: Calgary

10: Dallas

11: St Louis

12: Edmonton

13: Phoenix

14: Colorado

15: Minnesota

given the changes we have seen so far to the Western Conference what do you think the order of finish will be?

13: Phoenix

14: Colorado

15: Minnesota

You're missing someone from the Central in the top 3...

I'd put Chicago at #3, Kings at number 4, bumping the Wings to 5.

Edit: Of course this is ridiculously premature too.

Edited by Zetts

Guest mjtm77