• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Wiz is a dick.

Rate this topic

Wiz said he wouldn't sign in Detroit because they won't pay their players fair market value...

Public enemy #1 in my book, can't wait to boo his punk ass.

We can also be sure that he wasn't going to come here even if we traded for him.

Fair statement or total ******/traitor?

Edit:spelling. Thanks for the proof reading :thumbup:

Edited by Majsheppard

Wiz said he wouldn't sign in Detroit because they won't pay their players fair market value...

We can also be sure that he wasn't going to come here even if we traded for him.

You know what though? That stigma may be out there in NHL circles.

I'm pretty shocked at how many people thought Wiz would sign here.

But his hockey DNA kicked in, because his uncle, Billy Dea, played for more than 20 years and also had two stretches of coaching the Red Wings.

"That adds a little spice to it," Jim said. "They fired his uncle by stapling his notice to his last paycheck. That didn't go over too well. And the Wings could have drafted James. So he wants to show them something. He loves beating them."

http://articles.ocregister.com/2009-05-09/sports/24657482_1_puck-james-wisniewski-detroit-suburb/2

Fair statement or total ******/trader?

Trader? He's never played for us and doesn't owe us anything. It was kind of a ****** move to put it out there like that, but he's entitled to his own opinion. If anything, I just wish he said it sooner so we didn't have to get our hopes up.

Guest blueadams

Fair statement or total ******/trader?

honesty is so infuriating

I heard it and he did slam the Wings subtly. Less subtle was that he basically said that he wanted money first, and felt the Wings wouldn't pay his "market rate." Notice how he mentioned money first, then how he liked the direction in Columbus 2nd. yeah he came across greedy and that makes him a dick, but also someone you wouldn't hire in an interview.

Trader? He's never played for us and doesn't owe us anything. It was kind of a ****** move to put it out there like that, but he's entitled to his own opinion. If anything, I just wish he said it sooner so we didn't have to get our hopes up.

Yeah, anyone who grows up in Michigan knows that Ohio is not a friend. If you go voluntarily to play for an Ohio team you are dirt.

I'm pretty shocked at how many people thought Wiz would sign here.

http://articles.ocregister.com/2009-05-09/sports/24657482_1_puck-james-wisniewski-detroit-suburb/2

So he wants to beat us because of something that happened almost 30 years ago to his uncle under different management?

Edited by dropkickshanahans

...is of course that Wiz's comment is a very weak reason for him to be the "public enemy number 1".

Ahhhh. Fair enough.

I think being slighted by a ****** is a good reason to hate a guy. Maybe not the most hated guy in the league, but I feel like booing him now.

Guest Heaten

NHL Live was ripping on Wiz for being "one of the most overpaid" players this UFA to cash in. They did not approve of his contract.... but went on to say Columbus is a weak hockey market and need to overpay to get anyone to play there.

NHL Live was ripping on Wiz for being "one of the most overpaid" players this UFA to cash in. They did not approve of his contract.... but went on to say Columbus is a weak hockey market and need to overpay to get anyone to play there.

So are you saying he knew they were talking about that and he responded in kind? Still doesn't make sense for that...

What can I say? Enjoy your losses, Wiz. 5 years on your contract you will be screaming to get traded to Pens, Phily or Detroit. But YOUR rights will be traded to Winnipeg or Florida or Islanders or Monthreal.

Guest Heaten

So are you saying he knew they were talking about that and he responded in kind? Still doesn't make sense for that...

'NHL Live' is not 'NHL on the Fly'. The guys on NHL Live were ripping on Wiz. NHL on the Fly interviewed Wiz when he basically said Detroit was never on his list of teams.