• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Wiz is a dick.

Rate this topic

It's not like Mr. Ilitch is Dollar Bill - we've always spent to the cap. I think we pay what we can to have a well-rounded team; if that means players get paid less here than elsewhere, yet they get to play with a great team with a perennial chance for the Cup, who wouldn't take a little less?

I'm in the "he's entitled to his opinion" camp. Whatever. And I can't really blame him for still being pissed about his uncle. I'd probably feel the same way, new management or no.

Someday it will sink in that players take less here because they are treated with an insane amount of loyalty in return. He can ponder that when he's missed the playoffs a few years and his contract becomes an albatross in a market that has a lot less fans, albeit rabid ones.

Columbus picked up Carter and Wiz so they may move up from 13th to 8th but we do play them a helluva lot during the season and if I recall, for some reason, they have our number. At first I was disappointed cuz I thought with Ralfalski retiring, we could pony up 5.5 for 6 but now that I hear he is a spoilted entitled rat ... glad we didn't get him.

Guest echos myron

I am also incredibly butthurt that the free agent that so warmly wet my dreams was signed by another team.

I don't hate the guy and I certainly don't think I'll be booing him. He's hoped around between so many different teams that this season he was looking for a long fat contract. I thought it was well known he was looking for a big pay day this off season and was all about the money. Like somebody said, hes just pissed he couldn't take Kenny for a ride lol. Anyhow, he landed his big money at a central rival so he prolly thought hed talk some smack. I know for a fact he was very interested in the wings for a while. He just wanted too much and he wasn't gonna get here. Oh well.

If he runs his mouth more, or hits dats bad or something ill change my tune, but other than that i say goodluck to him in Columbus....he'll need it lol

The next time the NHL has to go through a lockout and the players bring up the argument that "it's not our fault the owners choose to pay us so much money" I wonder if the owners will retort that the silly salaries being given to second-tier defensemen were supposedly "market value."

:lol:

Meh - so he's a little snarky...Probably wanted to be a Red Wing, but realised Holland wouldn't ante up what he would want so he just went ahead, and took the $$$, and ice time the BJ's had promised.

No big loss.

You're just jealous that Ritola dresses manlier than you do.

:hehe:

He's probably right if the cap continues to increase. Besides, did he not hear what Ericsson got?

Look at what everyone got this week. Ehrhoff, the playoff's worst +/- (-13), is going to make more money next season than Crosby.

Leino, Laich and Fleischmann are signed to a cap hit of 4.5 million over the next 4-6 years. :scared:

Jovocop had 14pts in 50 games last season... He's 35 years old and the Panthers signed him to a 4 year contract with a 4.125 million cap hit.

Brewer was very solid for the Lightning in the playoffs he actually had a significant drop in offensive production after they got him from St. Louis (2pts in his 22 games with TB compared to 14 in 54 games in St. Louis). But did he deserve 3.85 million a season for 4 years? While I'd rather have Brewer on the Wings for that price, Ericsson's numbers are virtually identical to Brewer's but E's 5 years younger and trending upwards. Brewer's numbers have declined since his peak season in 06-07. Like I said-- if we're talking about next season in isolation I'd take Brewer over Ericsson. But Brewer will be 36 when his deal ends and Ericsson will be 30. I doubt at that point E will be the worse choice. Ericsson will have to get better to justify his contract by growing as a player. However, we can safely assume he's got a better shot to grow at this point than Brewer does (who's 32, declining and has 12 NHL seasons under his belt).

When word filtered out that E's contract was worth 3.25 million it felt like a punch in the gut. Now that I've looked at the signings that went down so far I don't feel quite as bad. Frigging Barker was waived by Minny and bought out after posting 5pts and a -10 in 52 games last year but he got 2.25 million from Edmonton (yeah I know he scored 40pts once in Chicago but he's obviously not that player anymore... at least he wasn't that player in Minny!).

I mean s***... a 37 year old Hamrlik got 3.5 mil a year for 2 years with Washington. How much tread could he possibly have left on his tires?!? Is Hamrlik going to get 2:33 mins of pp time per game in Washington? He got 15 of his 34 points on Montreal's PP. He'll have to get comparable time on Washington's pp to replicate those numbers.

This year's cap increase really messed the market up (in my opinion).

As good UFA D-men get bought up and while Ericsson is over paid I would be pissed getting Commodore. I noticed your division rivals, Nashville, went backwards with dealing Sully, Ward and Goc. Look at the bright side...you don't have too worry about them taking it to you in the season series nor do you have to worry about them getting out of the 1st round this coming season.

I'm not going to get my underwear in a bundle about the comment. I heard it live on tv. My first thought though was Rafalski's contract. That was market value. I would say it wasn't the classy thing to do by saying that. I don't blame him for wanting the most money he could get on his chance for a long-term deal. He's almost gone to arbitration two years in a row and ended up with one year deals. In this market, I don't blame him for taking the term, money, and chance at ice time in Columbus.

As good UFA D-men get bought up and while Ericsson is over paid I would be pissed getting Commodore. I noticed your division rivals, Nashville, went backwards with dealing Sully, Ward and Goc. Look at the bright side...you don't have too worry about them taking it to you in the season series nor do you have to worry about them getting out of the 1st round this coming season.

Nashville? As long as Trotz is there, they always seem to find a way to give the Wings a lot of trouble. Some division rivals just seem to be like that no matter who's on the rosters.