• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

That's just UFA speak for "I couldn't take Kenny for a ride". Jagr learned that earlier in the day.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#22 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

NHL Live was ripping on Wiz for being "one of the most overpaid" players this UFA to cash in. They did not approve of his contract.... but went on to say Columbus is a weak hockey market and need to overpay to get anyone to play there.

#23 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

NHL Live was ripping on Wiz for being "one of the most overpaid" players this UFA to cash in. They did not approve of his contract.... but went on to say Columbus is a weak hockey market and need to overpay to get anyone to play there.

So are you saying he knew they were talking about that and he responded in kind? Still doesn't make sense for that...
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#24 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

What can I say? Enjoy your losses, Wiz. 5 years on your contract you will be screaming to get traded to Pens, Phily or Detroit. But YOUR rights will be traded to Winnipeg or Florida or Islanders or Monthreal.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#25 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

So are you saying he knew they were talking about that and he responded in kind? Still doesn't make sense for that...

'NHL Live' is not 'NHL on the Fly'. The guys on NHL Live were ripping on Wiz. NHL on the Fly interviewed Wiz when he basically said Detroit was never on his list of teams.

#26 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

Told you he hated the Wings. :)
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#27 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

It's not like Mr. Ilitch is Dollar Bill - we've always spent to the cap. I think we pay what we can to have a well-rounded team; if that means players get paid less here than elsewhere, yet they get to play with a great team with a perennial chance for the Cup, who wouldn't take a little less?
I'm in the "he's entitled to his opinion" camp. Whatever. And I can't really blame him for still being pissed about his uncle. I'd probably feel the same way, new management or no.
Someday it will sink in that players take less here because they are treated with an insane amount of loyalty in return. He can ponder that when he's missed the playoffs a few years and his contract becomes an albatross in a market that has a lot less fans, albeit rabid ones.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#28 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Holland, you sack of CRAP, why didn't you brainwash him into coming here anyways??!!!111

...Oh wait, are we all acting sane again?

#29 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

How many Norris trophies has he won to command that kind of money again?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#30 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

I don't get the hype over him anyways. I've never thought he was that good.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

Our enforcer should kick this *****'s ass the next time we play Columbus.

:ranting:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#32 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

Our enforcer should kick this *****'s ass the next time we play Columbus.

:ranting:

Who is our enforcer? (Serious question).

#33 Wings Fan in Aves Country

Wings Fan in Aves Country

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

exactly what direction is columbus going? 13th to 12th. they will still finish last in the central

i would like commodore to take care of this guy

#34 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

Columbus picked up Carter and Wiz so they may move up from 13th to 8th but we do play them a helluva lot during the season and if I recall, for some reason, they have our number. At first I was disappointed cuz I thought with Ralfalski retiring, we could pony up 5.5 for 6 but now that I hear he is a spoilted entitled rat ... glad we didn't get him.

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

The guy on the right.

Posted Image

Edited by GMRwings1983, 01 July 2011 - 07:06 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#36 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

I would have paid Carcillo just to beat his ass six times a year.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#37 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

I want my allowance Mommy and Daddy!!!! NOW!!!!!

#38 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

I am also incredibly butthurt that the free agent that so warmly wet my dreams was signed by another team.

#39 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

The guy on the right.

Posted Image

The guy on the left is he's girlfriend????
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#40 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

The guy on the left is he's girlfriend????

Looks like Ritola to me.