• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Wiz is a dick.

Rate this topic

One thing I always liked about Wisniewski is that he lives and dies for his team no matter where he is. the Seabrook hit is a good example. He took out one of his best friends for his team. He buys into systems, defends his teammates, and is an all around loyal guy, whether its the habs or the BJ's lol. His rights got traded to Columbus, they gave him an offer he couldn't refuse, and he hopped on the BJ's bandwagon and didn't look back, it's as simple as that. If Gionta looked at Nash the wrong way tomorrow Wizniewski would prolly lay him out. I respect that kind of team dedication. Its just to bad he'll be in Columbus...were gonna be tanglin with him alot prolly

Edited by number9

Fair Market Value..... So Wiz gets a front end loaded deal that will pay him 7 million the first year and I think its 5.5 the next 3 or something. He is saying that is fair market????? So.... he is a better defensemen than Lidstrom???? RIIIIIIGGGHHHT! Sorry Wiz, fair market for you is what Ericsson got! There is a reason Chicago shipped you out at the trade deadline the year they won the cup and then Anaheim didn't want ya! Hmmm..... Good Luck in The nations armpit!!!

Guest Shoreline

Wiz signed with Columbus. He sure got what he calls a fair market value. Now with his new found fair market value, he can enjoy long summers on the golf course, watching the underpaid Red Wing players go through yet another extended season with a chance to win yet another cup. I already thought overpaid, but extra douchebag points for him. Might as well stir the pot and get his teammates fired up if the team he signed with is ever going to get out of the divisional basement.

Oh God... Stop crying. Sound like a bunch of whiny babies getting butt hurt like you should be butt hurt. He is correct. Holland could of got Jagr for 3.3m, and he didn't, thats not a ride, that's a steal. Datsyuk and Zetterberg need someone to pass to that can get the puck in the net, and Jagr could of been that guy, $5 million would of been a steal.

People need to accept this: Holland really did nothing this year to revamp the team, NOTHING. He had room to sign Jagr, and overpaying him for a year, is much preferred to the position they currently are in. Money and no one to spend it on, you can't find enough okay 3rd liners to sign to make the Red Wings a serious Stanley Cup contender.

YEHHH~~~~!!!! Wisniewski is such a non michigander!!! OH MY GOD!!! He took what he felt he was worth. Who cares.... does the sun still rise in the east, YUP!!! Guess what... Ryan Kesler went to Ohio State and now plays in vancouver... is he a traitor too? What about Ryan Miller or Tim Thomas....

get over it

Oh God... Stop crying. Sound like a bunch of whiny babies getting butt hurt like you should be butt hurt. He is correct. Holland could of got Jagr for 3.3m, and he didn't, thats not a ride, that's a steal. Datsyuk and Zetterberg need someone to pass to that can get the puck in the net, and Jagr could of been that guy, $5 million would of been a steal.

People need to accept this: Holland really did nothing this year to revamp the team, NOTHING. He had room to sign Jagr, and overpaying him for a year, is much preferred to the position they currently are in. Money and no one to spend it on, you can't find enough okay 3rd liners to sign to make the Red Wings a serious Stanley Cup contender.

I wish we had made a bigger splash too but 5 mil for Jagr? Das booools***!

esteef

avery is known for his bad breath...he often distracts goalies with it...wiz was just tellin him to brush once in a while...good oral hygiene is a must for hockey players with few teeth!

4 out of 5 dental hygienists surveyed prefer to put a toothbrush in Avery's mouth.

First, look up the word "trader"..

The definition is not: –noun

1. a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust.

2. a person who commits treason by betraying his or her country.

That would be a traitor. That's the word you're looking for.

Secondly, you're way off base. I love how people on here say "Player X should come here and take a discount." "Take a discount" is fancy talk for "get paid less than you can elsewhere" or "take a pay cut". I don't fault him one bit for going where he thought he could make a difference and get paid what he feels he's worth.

People need to take the emotion out of this and think logically. They're absolutely no reason to be mad or boo him. He answered honestly to a question that was posed. No smoke, no fire.

Wiz said he wouldn't sign in Detroit because they won't pay their players fair market value...

Public enemy #1 in my book, can't wait to boo his punk ass.

We can also be sure that he wasn't going to come here even if we traded for him.

Fair statement or total ******/trader?

Wisniewski's comment shouldn't bother any one here. If anything it should show his ignorance. The guy talks about market value but the problem is he, just like so many other players, feel as though their market value is primarily based on comparable players and the current FA pool. The Wings however determine market value based on the ability of each player. The Wings try to find a dollar amount that they and the player feel is deserved and the Wings can pay it. That's real market value.

If you desperately wanted a new tv but all of a sudden every tv manufacturing company went out of business except for LG and they started selling them at $20k each would you buy it? I know I wouldn't despite my absolute love for tv

Holland saved his 4th round draft pick! Good job Holland!!!

kane_clap.gif

wow, ignorant

given our unwillingness to pay anyone the going rate today I would agree.

(except the Ericsson deal)

Am I the only one that thinks we should have signed Ryder to that 2 year $7m deal?!?

No, you're not the only one. But I can also guarantee that had the Wings made that deal you and the rest of the fans that wanted this deal would be deeply disappoint come mid-season. This last playoff aside Ryder has been a grossly overpaid and ineffective player.

I don't get the hype over him anyways. I've never thought he was that good.

Agreed

Fair Market Value..... So Wiz gets a front end loaded deal that will pay him 7 million the first year and I think its 5.5 the next 3 or something. He is saying that is fair market????? So.... he is a better defensemen than Lidstrom???? RIIIIIIGGGHHHT! Sorry Wiz, fair market for you is what Ericsson got! There is a reason Chicago shipped you out at the trade deadline the year they won the cup and then Anaheim didn't want ya! Hmmm..... Good Luck in The nations armpit!!!

Actually he will collect $19M in his first two seasons. $7M salary for each year with $2M signing bonus this year and $3M signing bonus next season.

5 million? :lol:

You do realize that its 2011, not 2005?

Thank GOD Ken Holland is in charge and not you. Sounds you are the only one crying, btw.

Edited by hooon

Wisniewski's comment shouldn't bother any one here. If anything it should show his ignorance. The guy talks about market value but the problem is he, just like so many other players, feel as though their market value is primarily based on comparable players and the current FA pool. The Wings however determine market value based on the ability of each player. The Wings try to find a dollar amount that they and the player feel is deserved and the Wings can pay it. That's real market value.

Well... They try. I feel like they go for the truest balance possible.

You know, depending on the times.

Wings general manager Ken Holland said he didn’t see the quote and then added, “I take that as a real compliment. That’s a tremendous compliment. For us to accomplish what we we’ve accomplished and we don’t pay market value that’s a compliment.”

http://redwingsfront.wordpress.com/2011/07/05/market-value/

Lets see how Wiz feels after being with the Blue Jackets for the next six years...see if he still feels the same way about being a "good fit" for one of the most storied hockey franchises in history. See how life in a college football insane (only) town goes when no one in town could pick him out of a line-up. See how he feels when he tells locals that he plays for the Blue Jackets and they immediately ask "what is hockey??", tune out, and walk away mumbling something about the Buckeye's. See how he feels when he's consistently at his summer home in early April. Like it's been stated before, "nothing says hockey like the middle of Ohio" (not Ohio bashing, used to live there for many, many years...but it's the absolute truth about Columbus). Hope that few extra Mill on the contract goes a long way because he may just slowly slip away into non-existence from here on out. Maybe a change in perspective for him. Ask Mike Commodore (regarding statements he made about Bab's), things change real quck and burning the bridge of not just a coach, but an entire organziation...on top of that...his hometown team...THE Detroit Red Wings.... = not so smart.

Thanks for the compliment Wiz and I hear soy sauce makes Crow taste a little better. May want to start acquiring that taste now.

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

I still would love to see him get destroyed by a hit from a Red Wing, get up make a turn over that leads to a goal, then hear the crowd chant Mar-ket Val-ue! clap clap clap-clap-clap.

How about Datsyuk completely embarass him, and break his ankles with a dangle.