Wiz is a dick.

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 Liberation

Liberation

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:25 AM

Oh God... Stop crying. Sound like a bunch of whiny babies getting butt hurt like you should be butt hurt. He is correct. Holland could of got Jagr for 3.3m, and he didn't, thats not a ride, that's a steal. Datsyuk and Zetterberg need someone to pass to that can get the puck in the net, and Jagr could of been that guy, $5 million would of been a steal.

People need to accept this: Holland really did nothing this year to revamp the team, NOTHING. He had room to sign Jagr, and overpaying him for a year, is much preferred to the position they currently are in. Money and no one to spend it on, you can't find enough okay 3rd liners to sign to make the Red Wings a serious Stanley Cup contender.

#62 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

Wiz said he wouldn't sign in Detroit because they won't pay their players fair market value...

More like, the Wings aren't dumb, the market value is over inflated.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#63 DarbyGuy

DarbyGuy

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

YEHHH~~~~!!!! Wisniewski is such a non michigander!!! OH MY GOD!!! He took what he felt he was worth. Who cares.... does the sun still rise in the east, YUP!!! Guess what... Ryan Kesler went to Ohio State and now plays in vancouver... is he a traitor too? What about Ryan Miller or Tim Thomas....

get over it

#64 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

Oh God... Stop crying. Sound like a bunch of whiny babies getting butt hurt like you should be butt hurt. He is correct. Holland could of got Jagr for 3.3m, and he didn't, thats not a ride, that's a steal. Datsyuk and Zetterberg need someone to pass to that can get the puck in the net, and Jagr could of been that guy, $5 million would of been a steal.

People need to accept this: Holland really did nothing this year to revamp the team, NOTHING. He had room to sign Jagr, and overpaying him for a year, is much preferred to the position they currently are in. Money and no one to spend it on, you can't find enough okay 3rd liners to sign to make the Red Wings a serious Stanley Cup contender.

I wish we had made a bigger splash too but 5 mil for Jagr? Das booools***!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#65 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

avery is known for his bad breath...he often distracts goalies with it...wiz was just tellin him to brush once in a while...good oral hygiene is a must for hockey players with few teeth!

4 out of 5 dental hygienists surveyed prefer to put a toothbrush in Avery's mouth.

#66 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:28 AM

First, look up the word "trader"..
The definition is not: Ėnoun
1. a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust.
2. a person who commits treason by betraying his or her country.
That would be a traitor. That's the word you're looking for.

Secondly, you're way off base. I love how people on here say "Player X should come here and take a discount." "Take a discount" is fancy talk for "get paid less than you can elsewhere" or "take a pay cut". I don't fault him one bit for going where he thought he could make a difference and get paid what he feels he's worth.

People need to take the emotion out of this and think logically. They're absolutely no reason to be mad or boo him. He answered honestly to a question that was posed. No smoke, no fire.

Wiz said he wouldn't sign in Detroit because they won't pay their players fair market value...

Public enemy #1 in my book, can't wait to boo his punk ass.

We can also be sure that he wasn't going to come here even if we traded for him.

Fair statement or total ******/trader?

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#67 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

Wisniewski's comment shouldn't bother any one here. If anything it should show his ignorance. The guy talks about market value but the problem is he, just like so many other players, feel as though their market value is primarily based on comparable players and the current FA pool. The Wings however determine market value based on the ability of each player. The Wings try to find a dollar amount that they and the player feel is deserved and the Wings can pay it. That's real market value.

If you desperately wanted a new tv but all of a sudden every tv manufacturing company went out of business except for LG and they started selling them at $20k each would you buy it? I know I wouldn't despite my absolute love for tv

Holland saved his 4th round draft pick! Good job Holland!!!

Posted Image

wow, ignorant

given our unwillingness to pay anyone the going rate today I would agree.

(except the Ericsson deal)

Am I the only one that thinks we should have signed Ryder to that 2 year $7m deal?!?

No, you're not the only one. But I can also guarantee that had the Wings made that deal you and the rest of the fans that wanted this deal would be deeply disappoint come mid-season. This last playoff aside Ryder has been a grossly overpaid and ineffective player.

I don't get the hype over him anyways. I've never thought he was that good.

Agreed

Fair Market Value..... So Wiz gets a front end loaded deal that will pay him 7 million the first year and I think its 5.5 the next 3 or something. He is saying that is fair market????? So.... he is a better defensemen than Lidstrom???? RIIIIIIGGGHHHT! Sorry Wiz, fair market for you is what Ericsson got! There is a reason Chicago shipped you out at the trade deadline the year they won the cup and then Anaheim didn't want ya! Hmmm..... Good Luck in The nations armpit!!!

Actually he will collect $19M in his first two seasons. $7M salary for each year with $2M signing bonus this year and $3M signing bonus next season.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#68 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

5 million? :lol:

You do realize that its 2011, not 2005?

Thank GOD Ken Holland is in charge and not you. Sounds you are the only one crying, btw.

Edited by hooon, 04 July 2011 - 11:00 AM.

Posted Image

#69 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

Wisniewski's comment shouldn't bother any one here. If anything it should show his ignorance. The guy talks about market value but the problem is he, just like so many other players, feel as though their market value is primarily based on comparable players and the current FA pool. The Wings however determine market value based on the ability of each player. The Wings try to find a dollar amount that they and the player feel is deserved and the Wings can pay it. That's real market value.

Well... They try. I feel like they go for the truest balance possible.

You know, depending on the times.

#70 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

Wings general manager Ken Holland said he didnít see the quote and then added, ďI take that as a real compliment. Thatís a tremendous compliment. For us to accomplish what we weíve accomplished and we donít pay market value thatís a compliment.Ē

http://redwingsfront...5/market-value/

#71 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

Good, looks like the Wings aren't bother by this either.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#72 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

Lets see how Wiz feels after being with the Blue Jackets for the next six years...see if he still feels the same way about being a "good fit" for one of the most storied hockey franchises in history. See how life in a college football insane (only) town goes when no one in town could pick him out of a line-up. See how he feels when he tells locals that he plays for the Blue Jackets and they immediately ask "what is hockey??", tune out, and walk away mumbling something about the Buckeye's. See how he feels when he's consistently at his summer home in early April. Like it's been stated before, "nothing says hockey like the middle of Ohio" (not Ohio bashing, used to live there for many, many years...but it's the absolute truth about Columbus). Hope that few extra Mill on the contract goes a long way because he may just slowly slip away into non-existence from here on out. Maybe a change in perspective for him. Ask Mike Commodore (regarding statements he made about Bab's), things change real quck and burning the bridge of not just a coach, but an entire organziation...on top of that...his hometown team...THE Detroit Red Wings.... = not so smart.
Thanks for the compliment Wiz and I hear soy sauce makes Crow taste a little better. May want to start acquiring that taste now.

Edited by Learn2LuvIt, 05 July 2011 - 01:45 PM.

ENJOY THE RIDE

#73 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

I still would love to see him get destroyed by a hit from a Red Wing, get up make a turn over that leads to a goal, then hear the crowd chant Mar-ket Val-ue! clap clap clap-clap-clap.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#74 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

There are 2 types of players. Guys that want more than anything to win the Cup and guys that want to make as much money as possible.

Since Wiz signed a big contract with Columbus, he obviously is in the later category.

He will enjoy golf in April with his big bucks.

His loss, not ours.
Do or do not. There is no try

#75 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

I still would love to see him get destroyed by a hit from a Red Wing, get up make a turn over that leads to a goal, then hear the crowd chant Mar-ket Val-ue! clap clap clap-clap-clap.

:lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#76 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

How about Datsyuk completely embarass him, and break his ankles with a dangle.

#77 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

5 million? :lol:

You do realize that its 2011, not 2005?

Thank GOD Ken Holland is in charge and not you. Sounds you are the only one crying, btw.

Wait...someone wanted Jagr for $5 million?

What?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#78 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgeDlYSxLmQ

#79 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

I don't agree with the notion that Detroit doesn't pay players what they're valued, I think it's that players who WANT to come here don't mind taking pay-cuts because they know there are very few places that have a legit chance every year to not only make the playoffs, but make it far and challenge for a Cup...Detroit being one of them. Sure I wanted and wanted Wiz to be a Red Wing, but I didn't know his attitude towards being a Red Wing, like someone said it's his loss and he burned any bridge or chance of EVER becoming a Red Wing, so he is gonna have to just bounce around year after year making his $5.5M, guarantee he WILL NOT complete his contract in Columbus, if he makes two whole seasons I will be surprised. He could have come here for the same 6 years at a $4.5M to $5M per and knowing what we know about how Detroit treats their players, he would've not only finished that contract here, but finished his career here as well. Oh well...and concerning his comments and negativity about playing in Detroit, where is Patrick Roy when you need him?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#80 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:19 PM

f*** Jagr
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s