• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Wiz is a dick.

Rate this topic

I don't agree with the notion that Detroit doesn't pay players what they're valued, I think it's that players who WANT to come here don't mind taking pay-cuts because they know there are very few places that have a legit chance every year to not only make the playoffs, but make it far and challenge for a Cup...Detroit being one of them. Sure I wanted and wanted Wiz to be a Red Wing, but I didn't know his attitude towards being a Red Wing, like someone said it's his loss and he burned any bridge or chance of EVER becoming a Red Wing, so he is gonna have to just bounce around year after year making his $5.5M, guarantee he WILL NOT complete his contract in Columbus, if he makes two whole seasons I will be surprised. He could have come here for the same 6 years at a $4.5M to $5M per and knowing what we know about how Detroit treats their players, he would've not only finished that contract here, but finished his career here as well. Oh well...and concerning his comments and negativity about playing in Detroit, where is Patrick Roy when you need him?

Oh God... Stop crying. Sound like a bunch of whiny babies getting butt hurt like you should be butt hurt. He is correct. Holland could of got Jagr for 3.3m, and he didn't, thats not a ride, that's a steal. Datsyuk and Zetterberg need someone to pass to that can get the puck in the net, and Jagr could of been that guy, $5 million would of been a steal.

People need to accept this: Holland really did nothing this year to revamp the team, NOTHING. He had room to sign Jagr, and overpaying him for a year, is much preferred to the position they currently are in. Money and no one to spend it on, you can't find enough okay 3rd liners to sign to make the Red Wings a serious Stanley Cup contender.

f*** Jagr

I know Wiz had a HUGE season last year. But overall he and White are the same age and have roughly the same NHL stats (Wiz'a are a tad better). But White could break out like Wisnieski did last season for us this year I think. Wisnieski got 5.5 over 6 years and White got 2.875 over 2. I think that though Wiz is better last year they will be comparable statistically next year. On top of that White does not hurt our ability to re-sign our big guys next season like Helm Kronwall and Stuart, and the Wings will have a shot to sign a guy in a better UFA market next year, or possibly even make a trade or 2 at deadline with that cap space.

I know Wiz had a HUGE season last year. But overall he and White are the same age and have roughly the same NHL stats (Wiz'a are a tad better). But White could break out like Wisnieski did last season for us this year I think. Wisnieski got 5.5 over 6 years and White got 2.875 over 2.

Ian White is also a gamer. I think that him actually taking less for a guaranteed home and a chance to win says a lot about the kind of guy and player he is (As opposed to Wiz cashing in with mediocrity). I'm sure it was already posted, but I read this article in the Detroit Free Press over the weekend.

Their daughter was born shortly after White helped his old team, the Sharks, oust the Wings in Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinal this May.

"My wife went into labor during the afternoon," White said. "But we knew it was a big game for us, and that was our focus. I played, she went to the game, and then we went straight to the hospital afterwards, and had our daughter around 7:15 in the morning."

Welcome to Detroit, Mr. White. I look forward to you wearing a Wings sweater.