• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:03 AM

I know Wiz had a HUGE season last year. But overall he and White are the same age and have roughly the same NHL stats (Wiz'a are a tad better). But White could break out like Wisnieski did last season for us this year I think. Wisnieski got 5.5 over 6 years and White got 2.875 over 2. I think that though Wiz is better last year they will be comparable statistically next year. On top of that White does not hurt our ability to re-sign our big guys next season like Helm Kronwall and Stuart, and the Wings will have a shot to sign a guy in a better UFA market next year, or possibly even make a trade or 2 at deadline with that cap space.

#82 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:38 AM

I know Wiz had a HUGE season last year. But overall he and White are the same age and have roughly the same NHL stats (Wiz'a are a tad better). But White could break out like Wisnieski did last season for us this year I think. Wisnieski got 5.5 over 6 years and White got 2.875 over 2.

Ian White is also a gamer. I think that him actually taking less for a guaranteed home and a chance to win says a lot about the kind of guy and player he is (As opposed to Wiz cashing in with mediocrity). I'm sure it was already posted, but I read this article in the Detroit Free Press over the weekend.

Their daughter was born shortly after White helped his old team, the Sharks, oust the Wings in Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinal this May.

"My wife went into labor during the afternoon," White said. "But we knew it was a big game for us, and that was our focus. I played, she went to the game, and then we went straight to the hospital afterwards, and had our daughter around 7:15 in the morning."

Welcome to Detroit, Mr. White. I look forward to you wearing a Wings sweater.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#83 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgeDlYSxLmQ

Exactly like that. Then the chant!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#84 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

The foundation for that building was laid a long, long time ago.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.