• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

What about Nabokov?

Rate this topic

Now that the season is over, is there a chance that Holland will try to get Nabokov to sign and put pressure on Howard to not have s***ty games too often?? I'm not sure what would have to happen for him to come to the Wings, but if there's a chance of it happening it may be a good idea.

Thoughts?

But doesn't his contract from last year drag to this year for the Isles? Cuz he didn't report and Garth tried to get his contract tolled to this year? (I don't remember how that mess turned out)

But doesn't his contract from last year drag to this year for the Isles? Cuz he didn't report and Garth tried to get his contract tolled to this year? (I don't remember how that mess turned out)

I've asked similar questions to this in other threads and haven't gotten an answer yet. Anyone?

Yes I believe Nabby is still going to be under contract with the Isles (which I think is BS) but regardless of the fact, I think it would be wise for Kenny to make a trade offer for Nabby because he would not cost the Wings too much, and we need a quality back-up because quite frankly Howard was terrible for the better part of 3 months last year during the regular season, so having a guy like Nabby here would help a lot for ensurance... and if Howard struggles again this year for some reason, I would be more than happy to see Nabby take over if needed be. I think Kenny should look into this after he makes his free agent moves.

Yes I believe Nabby is still going to be under contract with the Isles (which I think is BS) but regardless of the fact, I think it would be wise for Kenny to make a trade offer for Nabby because he would not cost the Wings too much, and we need a quality back-up because quite frankly Howard was terrible for the better part of 3 months last year during the regular season, so having a guy like Nabby here would help a lot for ensurance... and if Howard struggles again this year for some reason, I would be more than happy to see Nabby take over if needed be. I think Kenny should look into this after he makes his free agent moves.

I thought they (NHL lawmakers and the media) talked about (and I will butcher this by the way because I'm really not sure) how Detroit is not allowed to acquire him in any way possible. But if Snow is a willing trade partner (which seems unlikely as all hell), then Kenny could trade for Nabby?

i see you guys are wondering the exact same things i was. and i haven't heard anything else since garth snow buried him in long islands s*** heap. wonder how this will play out... hopefully snow f***s off and holland gets his hands on him. split the games and play whoever wants to stop the puck more.

Nabby is under contract with the Isles, but the Isles can now trade him to anyone they want to deal with (he does not have to clear waivers or anything like that anymore). That is why I truly think Kenny needs to make an offer for him after he finishes with signing the necessary free agents...

Nabby is under contract with the Isles, but the Isles can now trade him to anyone they want to deal with (he does not have to clear waivers or anything like that anymore). That is why I truly think Kenny needs to make an offer for him after he finishes with signing the necessary free agents...

Hudler and Kindl for Martinek and Nabokov? Add picks and/or prospects either way if needed...

Edited by stevkrause

Snow is still an idiot though.

I bet Nabby gets traded to Chicago or some kind of rival team that will piss us off.

Nah... The Isles will keep Nabokov to back up Vokoun and trade DiPietro to Florida >>

Yea... about that, no it's not.

It's nowhere on the NHL site, twitter, or capgeek... I'm calling bogus on this.

Yeah, there was a thread about this last night, too. Pure speculation misread by the OP. Probably based on the fact that Theodore landed in FLA. Vokoun hasn't signed anywhere.

Yeah, there was a thread about this last night, too. Pure speculation misread by the OP. Probably based on the fact that Theodore landed in FLA. Vokoun hasn't signed anywhere.

That's my thought too... I still think Vokoun re-signs in Fla... they need to get to the floor, can give him an obscene contract and there aren't many teams left looking for a number 1 goalie left in the market...

Vokoun goes to the Capitals 1-year $1.5 Million

Deal of the off-season, IMO.

With all the cash being tossed around yesterday, I seriously think he could have gotten 4+ easily.

Caps have a really scary team next season. Lets see if it can translate to the playoffs.

Nabokov agreed to have the contract roll into 2011-2012 in order for the Isles to allow him to play in the Worlds I believe.

where were you on that one holland.

Comments like this irritate the hell out of me. Like Holland wouldn't have paid $1.5 for Vokoun in a heartbeat. Like he didn't atleast check with Vokoun's camp.

I know its rocket science but do you think perhaps the fact that Vokoun would be the undisputed number 1 had anything to do with him not considering Detroit?

Nevermind, lets just go on hating on Holland for making one slightly large overpayment given the market.