• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nevermind

Simon Gagné

Rate this topic

Yes, on the defensive side, but I think we're fine with the forwards.

If they don't pick up anyone its 50 pts that hasn't been replaced.

Just curious, and I'm not saying I want Gagne, but who DO you want the Red Wings to sign? I've been lurking here awhile now and I've seen you shoot down literally every player mentioned as a possible acquisition. Who would you like?

He won't answer this question, just telling you now... he's an eternal pessimist and not the realist he claims, because a realist is at least sometimes positive...

If they don't pick up anyone its 50 pts that hasn't been replaced.

This theory works if you only plan on playing with 5 defensemen. Given that Rafalski's minutes are going to be picked up by someone, most any able bodied defenseman will pick up close to 15 to 20 points by the sheer dumb luck of being out there for that amount of time. Hell, even the offensively challenged Chelios picked up 11 or 12 points in his last full season of full time play here.

Guest Crymson

He won't answer this question, just telling you now... he's an eternal pessimist and not the realist he claims, because a realist is at least sometimes positive...

That you say this is very amusing, to the extent that I can't tell if you're being serious. I'm wondering if it was said in an ironic fashion, as it would be a hilariously absurd statement otherwise. The criticism most frequently leveled at me on these forums is that I'm an overly-optimistic homer.

Just curious, and I'm not saying I want Gagne, but who DO you want the Red Wings to sign? I've been lurking here awhile now and I've seen you shoot down literally every player mentioned as a possible acquisition. Who would you like?

Are you sure you aren't the Allagoch who spent years on these forums?

Edited by Crymson

That you say this is very amusing, to the extent that I can't tell if you're being serious. I'm wondering if it was said in an ironic fashion, as it would be a hilariously absurd statement otherwise. The criticism most frequently leveled at me on these forums is that I'm an overly-optimistic homer.

Are you sure you aren't the Allagoch who spent years on these forums?

Prove me wrong legal!

Also, it's a moot point now, as most of the FA crop has majorly thinned out, but it's pretty convenient that you waited until after July 1 to reply to this, and still are yet to give a suggestion on who you think would/would have been a good fit...

Edited by stevkrause