• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Yandle on the block?

Rate this topic

I like bogosian, and would def love for the wings to get him. Hes still very young, but Yandle is more established and a safer bet. People think hes a norris candidate in a better market. Plus from what I hear the jets want more then hes worth.

the reason i think bogo would be good is that because hes not as established as yandle, we could prolly get him at a lower cap hit and for less assets through trade. he's probably just as good as yandle in the future. and he has a right shot that we need.

For the record: Bogo isn't half the player Yandle is right now. Last year he posted 17pts. I know he's only 20 but he'd still be a 6th or 5th defenceman at best on the Wings.

Because of Bogosian's upside the Wings would have to pay a step price for a guy who's yet to prove he's better than a 3rd pairing d-man. That kind of deal just doesn't make sense unless they can make a guy like Hudler the centre-piece of the trade (which is unlikely).

For the record: Bogo isn't half the player Yandle is right now. Last year he posted 17pts. I know he's only 20 but he'd still be a 6th or 5th defenceman at best on the Wings.

Because of Bogosian's upside the Wings would have to pay a step price for a guy who's yet to prove he's better than a 3rd pairing d-man. That kind of deal just doesn't make sense unless they can make a guy like Hudler the centre-piece of the trade (which is unlikely).

no quarrel intended. how does that make yandle more attainable? he would be much more expensive imo.

no quarrel intended. how does that make yandle more attainable? he would be much more expensive imo.

Oh Yandle's undoubtedly going to be hard to get but at least the Wings have one advantage in that case: Yandle hasn't signed with the Yotes and he appears to want out. That means they'll have to move him to someone. I think he'll cost the Wings some very real assets (and more so than Bogo likely would) but at least the Yotes don't have all the leverage in the deal since everyone knows he wants out.

Oh Yandle's undoubtedly going to be hard to get but at least the Wings have one advantage in that case: Yandle hasn't signed with the Yotes and he appears to want out. That means they'll have to move him to someone. I think he'll cost the Wings some very real assets (and more so than Bogo likely would) but at least the Yotes don't have all the leverage in the deal since everyone knows he wants out.

I agree with everything you said about yandle's situation, but bogo is an RFA as well and hasn't signed either, they are kinda in the same boat at this point.... maybe yandle would be more willing to leave considering the fact that PHX is tanking...

I agree with everything you said about yandle's situation, but bogo is an RFA as well and hasn't signed either, they are kinda in the same boat at this point.... maybe yandle would be more willing to leave considering the fact that PHX is tanking...

I think that Bogo might actually be less obtainable due to the new ownership wanting to build... I also think that long term, Bogo might be a better fit here...

With that said, Yandle would be amazing here and I'd welcome either of them, but anyone (not directed towards you) who thinks we can get either Bogo or Yandle, without giving up some very real pieces, is crazy... be prepared to part with Kindl and one of Smith or Nyquist, plus a couple high draft picks and if we can unload Hudler in the process, that's a bonus...

A package of Kindl, Nyquist, and two 1st rd picks MIGHT fetch us Yandle, and it probably wouldn't cost much less for Bogo

Edited by stevkrause

What about Marc-Andre Gragnani? The Sabres should have signed him by now... he's a blue-chip defensive prospect who scored at a point per game in the AHL. If we're fantasizing about RFA possibilities he's another good one.

Kindl is garbage why would Phoenix want him lol It would probably have to be something like Filppula, Smith, 1st or a 2nd for them to even talk about it.

Which would be a horrible, horrible trade. I'd make that trade for Yandle but not Bogo. Right now Smith could step in and put comparable numbers up to Bogo's from last season.

Kindl is garbage why would Phoenix want him lol It would probably have to be something like Filppula, Smith, 1st or a 2nd for them to even talk about it.

I'd hardly call him garbage, he's still young and has a ton of upside and was showing that he was adjusting to the NHL game quite well at the end of last season, plus he has a low caphit, but I agree, it's going to take a big return to get one of Bogo or Yandle, but to say that one of those assets wouldn't be Kindl, because he's garbage, is off-base

Which would be a horrible, horrible trade. I'd make that trade for Yandle but not Bogo. Right now Smith could step in and put comparable numbers up to Bogo's from last season.

I wouldn't give up Smith for either, but yeah i ment that proposal for Yandle not Bogo. Bogo is so over-hyped on here by some false rumor that Holland already shot down 2 months ago lol

I'd hardly call him garbage, he's still young and has a ton of upside and was showing that he was adjusting to the NHL game quite well at the end of last season, plus he has a low caphit, but I agree, it's going to take a big return to get one of Bogo or Yandle, but to say that one of those assets wouldn't be Kindl, because he's garbage, is off-base

Kindl won't be anything more then a #4 if he's lucky. How old is he already like 24? lol That's how old Yandle is no way they'd want him in a package.

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct

I think that Bogo might actually be less obtainable due to the new ownership wanting to build... I also think that long term, Bogo might be a better fit here...

With that said, Yandle would be amazing here and I'd welcome either of them, but anyone who thinks we can get either without giving up some very real pieces, is crazy... be prepared to part with Kindl and one of Smith or Nyquist, plus a couple high draft picks and if we can unload Hudler in the process, that's a bonus...

A package of Kindl, Nyquist, and two 1st rd picks MIGHT fetch us Yandle, and it probably wouldn't cost much less for Bogo

yep i agree that its gonna cost a lot. but its a price we gotta pay at some point. id rather take one of these premium guys now. do you think ericsson could possibly be moved even? i'd be okay Kindl, Nyquist, 2 firsts but i doubt kenny will give 2 firsts. i'd be ecstatic with Kindl, Hudler, Nyquist, 2012 first round pick. its pretty much a guarantee that next year's first will be a late one with lids in the lineup. so id be good with that. i wouldn't give up smith for anything but doughty or weber.

If Holland has even the smallest of chances to obtain Yandle, he had better take it. As long as it doesn't cost Smith, I'm fine with it, within reason.

At some point, Holland is going to have to give up some picks to make these things happen. When it's someone young and already becoming established, it's not wasting a pick.

I'd hate to let him go, but I'd even ship out Smith if it landed us Yandle... he's that good.

It would probably take something like a solid, young roster player, a blue chip prospect, a first, and a third. Something along those lines. That's more than Burns brought back, and personally, I feel like Burns is better.

It would probably take something like a solid, young roster player, a blue chip prospect, a first, and a third. Something along those lines. That's more than Burns brought back, and personally, I feel like Burns is better.

Than Yandle, or Bogosian? I like Burns size and shot, but if I had to choose, I'd say:

Yandle>Burns>Bogosian

Yandle is younger, has better speed and vision and less health concerns...

You know why I don't think this will work? Well, there are a number of reasons, but one nobody's mentioned yet is: Phoenix knows Hudler a little too well from the playoffs. I can see where struggling EC teams that we only play once a year might be interested in picking a Wing, any Wing, but I'm thinking the Coyotes know better than that, considering how often we played them this year.

Than Yandle, or Bogosian? I like Burns size and shot, but if I had to choose, I'd say:

Yandle>Burns>Bogosian

Yandle is younger, has better speed and vision and less health concerns...

They're incredibly close, I think it just comes to personal preference myself. Yandle had more points, but Burns had 17 goals. Both teams are pretty awful offensively, they could probably score even more on a team that knows what a "goal" is.

I mean if you look at it, this is basically the comparable to the Sharks package for Burns from the Wings

Filppula (Setoguchi), Smith (Coyle), 1st rounder for Yandle, 2nd

Obviously we would not get a 2nd back. I know that's kind of beating a dead horse with Filppula, but that's the closest comparison that can be made.

You know why I don't think this will work? Well, there are a number of reasons, but one nobody's mentioned yet is: Phoenix knows Hudler a little too well from the playoffs. I can see where struggling EC teams that we only play once a year might be interested in picking a Wing, any Wing, but I'm thinking the Coyotes know better than that, considering how often we played them this year.

Anyone that realistically knows what it will take to get Yandle knows Hudler won't be involved.

Burns is definitely not better than Yandle. He's two years older and scored 46pts to Yandle's 59. Burns also has concussion issues and a crappy playoff history (0 goals and 3 helpers in 11 games). Yandle's put 10pts up in 11 playoff games.

Holland's already stated he's still looking around at trades and UFA possibilities for the D, so we have to hope he makes a strong pitch for Yandle. Right now the Wings, Blackhawks and Bruins are the only contenders with the cap room to pay Yandle the money he'll demand. Tampa and LA don't count because they both have significant RFA issues to deal with right now and holes left to fill besides that.

I really hope Holland goes hard after Yandle.

They're incredibly close, I think it just comes to personal preference myself. Yandle had more points, but Burns had 17 goals. Both teams are pretty awful offensively, they could probably score even more on a team that knows what a "goal" is.

I mean if you look at it, this is basically the comparable to the Sharks package for Burns from the Wings

Obviously we would not get a 2nd back. I know that's kind of beating a dead horse with Filppula, but that's the closest comparison that can be made.

Anyone that realistically knows what it will take to get Yandle knows Hudler won't be involved.

The one thing that makes your case for it being a similar trade is we can never know what people actually want for their players. That might work unless they don't like a certain player.

I would like to do it without Fil, because now I don't know if we can replace him... unless we want to rush Tatar along...

Any ability to make the deal without Fil or Smith? Something like what I suggested can be enough if they like getting a ton of players back. Which they might...

Hudler might work because they need some cap...

Anyone think we could move some other Dman... like Stuart even to get Yandle, then add White to replace Stuart?

I think Hudler could potentially be involved, but just as an extra piece to help get Phoenix to the cap floor, not as a key piece to the deal... also, Phoenix aleady has a good amount of forwards locked up, I would guess they would want more D than anything, especially with their D getting up there in years... I wouldn't be surprised if Kindl, Hudler, Nyquist and two 1st round picks, could get us Yandle and a mid/low level prospect or pick in return...

@Drake_Marcus, most people would probably tell you Burns is better defensively, however.

And yeah, giving up Filppula wouldn't be ideal, but it'd probably be necessary to get a player like Yandle. Don't forget that would open up his 3 mil in cap space however, so they could sign someone to replace him, perhaps someone like Arnott as a stopgap measure.

You have to make a deal that you'd say yes to if you were in their shoes.

If I'm the GM in Phoenix and I know Yandle wants out a package of Filppula, Smith and a 1st would be my starting point. A second prospect or pick would likely have to be included. Filppula's a legitimate two-way centre in the league who's thought of pretty highly. He's the kind of guy a GM wants because he can do everything well and has experience playing real minutes on a Stanley Cup winning team. Smith is considered a blue-chip blue-line prospect and would be coveted by every GM in the league based on his skating, offensive skill and success at every level of hockey.

But he starting point has to be a solid young roster player and a blue-chip prospect.

@Drake_Marcus, most people would probably tell you Burns is better defensively, however.

And yeah, giving up Filppula wouldn't be ideal, but it'd probably be necessary to get a player like Yandle. Don't forget that would open up his 3 mil in cap space however, so they could sign someone to replace him, perhaps someone like Arnott as a stopgap measure.

Probably but for me the age, offensive and injury difference is the deal breaker.

I think Hudler could potentially be involved, but just as an extra piece to help get Phoenix to the cap floor, not as a key piece to the deal... also, Phoenix aleady has a good amount of forwards locked up, I would guess they would want more D than anything, especially with their D getting up there in years... I wouldn't be surprised if Kindl, Hudler, Nyquist and two 1st round picks, could get us Yandle and a mid/low level prospect or pick in return...

Can we make it Sheahan and Ferro instead of Nyquivst? Lol.

If they could somehow substitute someone like Tatar in for Smith in a possible trade that would be so awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love Tomas, but we have a ridiculous amount of great forward prospects now and still so very little on D.