• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Yandle on the block?

Rate this topic

It'll take:

Filpulla / Helm / Smith / Nyquists + two 1st round draft picks to get them to listen. Would you give that up?

Probably not quite that much, but I could see the bolded being the actual deal. And it's a lot, but you're right in that such players take a lot to acquire.

no way smith goes with 2 first rounders and fil. smith is worth one of those.

i think Fil, Kindl 2 first rounders is more reasonable.

Fil, Kindl, Nyquist, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder

Fil, Hudler, Kindl, 1st rounder

Anyone who says fil and kindl are scraps are complete idiots. i would also explore:

Abby, Hudler, Ericsson + a pick.

Fil, Hudler, Ericsson straight up.

It'll take:

Filpulla / Helm / Smith / Nyquists + two 1st round draft picks to get them to listen. Would you give that up?

Don't be ridiculous, it would not cost nearly that much.

Why are there two extremes in this thread? You have people that think Emmerton, Hudler, and a 3rd is enough, and the people that think it requires 4 top prospects, 2 firsts, and two good roster players? Come on guys, it's not that hard, use the Burns trade to guide you along.

Guest Heaten

no way smith goes with 2 first rounders and fil. smith is worth one of those.

i think Fil, Kindl 2 first rounders is more reasonable.

Fil, Kindl, Nyquist, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder

Fil, Hudler, Kindl, 1st rounder

Anyone who says fil and kindl are scraps are complete idiots. i would also explore:

Abby, Hudler, Ericsson + a pick.

Fil, Hudler, Ericsson straight up.

I doubt Kindl will be acceptable to the 'Yotes. It will have to be Smith.

Sharks had to throw Charlie Coyle to the Wild to get burns, Coyle is a helluva good looking prospect... Smith caliber prospect, imo.

Setoguchi is a much better scorer (younger) with more upside than Filpulla. To make up for that, Holland would have to throw Helm in the mix.

Why are there two extremes in this thread? You have people that think Emmerton, Hudler, and a 3rd is enough, and the people that think it requires 4 top prospects, 2 firsts, and two good roster players? Come on guys, it's not that hard, use the Burns trade to guide you along.

THIS. its gonna take one key piece like Fil or Franzen, a high end prospect (kindl or nyquist), and a first rounder. personally id add hudler to the bunch and thats a good deal.

I doubt Kindl will be acceptable to the 'Yotes. It will have to be Smith.

Sharks had to throw Charlie Coyle to the Wild to get burns, Coyle is a helluva good looking prospect... Smith caliber prospect, imo.

Setoguchi is a much better scorer (younger) with more upside than Filpulla. To make up for that, Holland would have to throw Helm in the mix.

so helm is definitely not on the table in the context you put. i could see abby added but not helm. helm is a very special player.

Guest Heaten

Read above.

People are overrating Filpulla. He's not even a 20 goal scorer. His return isn't THAT great. Setoguchi just signed to a great contract and is MUCH younger than Flip. Flip's contract is overpaid in comparison.

People gotta realize that he isnt signed to a contract at all either. That will lower his value for sure, unlike the Burns trade where Burns is locked into a contract with a very low cap hit for the next season.

If Holland isn't going to get a defenseman through free agency, and isn't going to get a defenseman through trade, how the hell is he going to get a defenseman for next season? Does he not realize that signing/acquiring players isn't free? He has to give up something to get something damnit. I respect Holland for all he has done but this is getting frustrating. I sincerely hope that he is making an offer for Yandle.

Actually, I don't think Phoenix would have much interest in Phoenix. They're set on 2nd line Cs.

Smith, Sheahan, Nyquist, 1st, 2nd for Yandle. Hudler and a low pick instead of the 2nd if they want him. There's my offer, take it or leave it, Yotes.

Read above.

People are overrating Filpulla. He's not even a 20 goal scorer. His return isn't THAT great. Setoguchi just signed to a great contract and is MUCH younger than Flip. Flip's contract is overpaid in comparison.

Setoguchi is also a liability defensively while Filppula is fantastic. Filppula also only scored 6 less goals than Setoguchi last year, and only 2 less points despite playing in less games. Setoguchi is incredibly overrated.

Read above.

Filppula isn't even 3 years older than Setoguchi, so I wouldn't exactly consider that MUCH older. They also have the same $3M cap hit and put up almost identical point totals. Setoguchi also played with Thornton, which should inflate his numbers, while Filppula spent much less time playing with elite players (Dats and Z). And if you factor in that defensively sound centers are more valuable than wingers, I would say Setoguchi isn't much more valuable than Flip, if at all.

Edit: To tie the Seto-Flip comparison into a possible Yandle trade, I think you have to consider what the other team needs. Minnesota already had a good center in Koivu and they were looking for a scoring winger for him, so in that case they would definitely prefer Seto over Flip. In Phoenix's case, they need centers so I would say Flip would about as valuable to them as Seto is to Minnesota. I think the Burns trade is a good one to base a Yandle trade on, and they would probably want Flip + Smith + 1st.

Edited by hockey23

It'll take:

It won't take that much.

Also, learn to spell Filppula's name correctly, please.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest Heaten

It won't take that much.

Also, learn to spell Filppula's name correctly, please.

There's no snowball chance in hell it'll ever happen anyway.

Filpulla...... :sly:

Yeah, but four firsts might be the cost... Again, a cost I am willing to pay. Most everything we have on the team came without the use of first round picks.

I don't think It'll be that much. I'm thinking more like a 1st, 2nd/3rd (either or), and another conditional pick in a later draft.

As far as players go, with Turris and Boedker still high in the system, I would have to imagine they'd ask for Brendan Smith or Jakub Kindl over Sheahan or Nyquist.

Guest Heaten

If they are truly shopping him it could definitely happen.

*If* they are truly shopping him, there are two dozen teams out there that can offer a whole helluva lot better than Filpulla + Kindl + Abdelkader and a 1st...

According to HF, Phoenix is pretty strong in defensive prospects. They have 6 defenseman signed now, and if they lost Yandle could easily plug in Ekman-Larsson or go after one of the remaining FAs. They're weak in forward prospects, especially center (which we have a lot of). Very much like the situation in Minnesota.

That most likely means they wouldn't be interested in Smith or Kindl. They might be interested in Stuart, and I wouldn't hate that move, but more likely they'd want scorers.

Flip would be a good start; Hanzal is their best (only?) center right now. Turris if they resign him is pretty good. But Flip would have a good chance of being their top-line center.

Then I think we'd have to add one top prospect, plus another decent prospect, plus a couple picks; maybe 2 1sts or a 1st and 2nd. Abby could be attractive to them, but leaves us thin at center (haven't looked at what FAs are still around, but may be a hole we could fill). Emmerton and Andersson are probably not good enough to draw much interest, but maybe as a throw-in. Tatar probably fits best for them, but some of our other top forwards would work. No, I doubt they'd have any interest in Hudler...they have decent wingers as it is.

So...Flip, Tatar, Andersson, 2-1sts? Flip, Abby, Emmerton, 2-1sts?

Guest Heaten

Yeah, including the Red Wings.

Which would have to include Filpulla / Helm / Nyquist / Smith + 2 first round picks instead of Abby

Guest Heaten

Sigh, sorry, but I really don't think you understand how to value players.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you...

How often does a defensmen like a young Keith Yandle become available? He's a franchise player, a player you build a team around....

Filpulla is a type of player you can find twice a year, if not more.

Kindl is a dman that got beat out by Salei...

Smith, while a good looking prospect, is just that, a prospect. He wasn't even the best defensemen on the Griffins', let alone the best player on the AHL Griffins. He has a ways to go before he can even crack the NHL.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you...

How often does a defensmen like a young Keith Yandle become available? He's a franchise player, a player you build a team around....

Filpulla is a type of player you can find twice a year, if not more.

Kindl is a dman that got beat out by Salei...

Smith, while a good looking prospect, is just that, a prospect. He wasn't even the best defensemen on the Griffins', let alone the best player on the AHL Griffins. He has a ways to go before he can even crack the NHL.

Wasn't the best Dman on the Griffs?!?!?! He only had 12 goals 20 assists in 63 games and was plus 7 on a horrible team...