• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Yandle on the block?

Rate this topic

You have to make a deal that you'd say yes to if you were in their shoes.

If I'm the GM in Phoenix and I know Yandle wants out a package of Filppula, Smith and a 1st would be my starting point. A second prospect or pick would likely have to be included. Filppula's a legitimate two-way centre in the league who's thought of pretty highly. He's the kind of guy a GM wants because he can do everything well and has experience playing real minutes on a Stanley Cup winning team. Smith is considered a blue-chip blue-line prospect and would be coveted by every GM in the league based on his skating, offensive skill and success at every level of hockey.

But he starting point has to be a solid young roster player and a blue-chip prospect.

Probably but for me the age, offensive and injury difference is the deal breaker.

I think the price goes down anytime you're dealing with a situation where the player themselves has come out and announced they want out... but the price will still be very high, no doubt...

If they could somehow substitute someone like Tatar in for Smith in a possible trade that would be so awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love Tomas, but we have a ridiculous amount of great forward prospects now and still so very little on D.

Agreed, which is why I was hoping Sheahan and Ferraro would be enough to satisfy the Prospect portion. Maybe even one of our D prospects like Marshall or Lashoff. Kindl would be a piece that would be okay to move for a Yandle, and should have enough upside that it would be tempting.

In fact there is nothing to say Kindl couldn't become a Yandle like player, though it would be surprising.

I think the price goes down anytime you're dealing with a situation where the player themselves has come out and announced they want out... but the price will still be very high, no doubt...

Did Yandle say that?

I just have to say we have the ammo to make this deal, but how much do we use...

I know they might be set on a certain player... I am hoping that we can give them more of our trash and they would be happy because it is still better than what they have. I would throw Emmerton in as well, because I would be fine using Draper another year in that role. He was a first, who is fully groomed and ready to go. They could use him as well.

Agreed, which is why I was hoping Sheahan and Ferraro would be enough to satisfy the Prospect portion. Maybe even one of our D prospects like Marshall or Lashoff. Kindl would be a piece that would be okay to move for a Yandle, and should have enough upside that it would be tempting.

In fact there is nothing to say Kindl couldn't become a Yandle like player, though it would be surprising.

Did Yandle say that?

According to multiple sources (Darren Dreger, David Pagnotta of TFP), he is uneasy with the direction of the club and wants to be traded to a contender...

Did Yandle say that?

I just have to say we have the ammo to make this deal, but how much do we use...

I know they might be set on a certain player... I am hoping that we can give them more of our trash and they would be happy because it is still better than what they have. I would throw Emmerton in as well, because I would be fine using Draper another year in that role. He was a first, who is fully groomed and ready to go. They could use him as well.

TheFourthPeriod David Pagnotta I'm not saying a Yandle trade is close, but it's been/being explored. Word on the street is he's concerned with future of team in Phoenix.

Also, Ferraro has almost no value in a trade right now, especially for a guy like Yandle.

TheFourthPeriod David Pagnotta I'm not saying a Yandle trade is close, but it's been/being explored. Word on the street is he's concerned with future of team in Phoenix.

Also, Ferraro has almost no value in a trade right now, especially for a guy like Yandle.

Exactly... this is where so many people go off the deep end, we have to give value to get value, we can't just give them more quantity to substitute for less quality... if we want a Yandle or Bogo, we have to accept that we will need to part with some genuine assets, not just "maybes"

As for Ferraro, I don't see why a 32nd overall pick would have no trade value...

He should be worth a first... I know it doesn't work like that, but combining two first like players, Emmerton and Ferraro- should be like a first round pick for sure.

Sheahan should be worth a first.

Kindl should be worth a first.

Failing that combining the two should be...

Hudler and two firsts on top of that should definitely at least make 4 first rounders worth of RFA trade value.

Edited by Majsheppard

As for Ferraro, I don't see why a 32nd overall pick would have no trade value...

He should be worth a first... I know it doesn't work like that, but combining two first like players, Emmerton and Ferraro- should be like a first round pick for sure.

Sheahan should be worth a first.

Kindl should be worth a first.

Failing that combining the two should be...

Hudler and two firsts on top of that should definitely at least make 4 first rounders worth of RFA trade value.

It doesn't matter where he was taken, his performance has been downright pitiful. He was benched on his WHL team. What does that tell you? He only has value to the Wings right now in hopes of him turning it around. You really need to put yourself in their shoes and think about the "value" you're trying to dump on them.

Kindl does also not have 1st round pick trade value.

It doesn't matter where he was taken, his performance has been downright pitiful. He was benched on his WHL team. What does that tell you? He only has value to the Wings right now in hopes of him turning it around. You really need to put yourself in their shoes and think about the "value" you're trying to dump on them.

Kindl does also not have 1st round pick trade value.

Well, their shoes is the NHL, and I don't know if they are willing to spend.

Secondly, how many times did I say I know the value isn't what the pick is, but all that together should be enough to equate to 4 firsts, which is what they would get via RFA.

Ferraro is still ranked in our top twenty prospects, which should be top 10 for Phx. Just saying.

I am speculating, if I were in their shoes I wouldn't even think of trading Yandle. I would pay the man.

Just thinking a little outside of the box, maybe kill 2 birds with one stone, get a couple discontents into new surroundings and make both teams winners in a trade?

To Winnipeg:

Hudler, Kindl, Larsson and two, 1st round picks

To Detroit:

Bogosian, Mason

Larsson absolutely tore it up in the SEL last year and could steal the starting role from Pavelec in camp (probably could even give Jimmy a push for the starting gig here) but wasn't willing to play in the AHL anymore and will probably never be in the Wings plans, but is a stud goalie.... They also get some cap to add to the floor in Hudler, and he could return to form with a change of scenery... so it's a good gamble for them(especially since he isn't the centerpiece of this trade). They also get Kindl, who is very NHL ready and showed flashes of top 4 ability last season in his limited role. He could also probably use a change of scenery and would benefit from a more wide open run and gun system like they run there. Add a couple 1st rounders, to build for the future, and I think that's a very good package for them....

Mason on the other hand, looked a litte shaky last year, but could fill a backup role well here and has a reasonable caphit, plus, he looks like he needs a change of scenery as well. We also get a blue chip in Bogosian, who can't come to terms with Winnipeg and would fit our system better than theirs... I think it's win/win

Edited by stevkrause

I would love Yandle. I like what I've seen of him.

I would seriously even include Abby in a trade if I had to. I wouldn't want to, but if that's what it took, I would do it.

Detroit: Gives up Abby, a prospect, Hudler, and a pick to offset the taking of Hudler.

Phoenix: Gives up Yandle, takes Hudler.

EDIT to add: I would try Emmerton or Mursak before I tried Abby. I'd only go Abby if they insisted. The "prospect" in question would be someone lower down- not the aforementioned or Tatar. Probably not Smith unless they gave back the pick and still took Hudler. They would also need to agree to pay for weekly haircuts for Commodore.

Edited by 55fan

If true, Phoenix is looking for a top line center, although Phoenix media thinks he'll opt for arbitration.

Perfect. Flip and a pick? Flip and Hudler?

Unfortunately no one wants Hudler as Holland has already tried. But Filpulla would be an acceptable loss in that trade, I think.

Overpay for Yandle. Right now they have 24 million in cap space. Give then Filppula, Hudler, and picks and projects. Theis brings us handle, gives mursak a little bigger role and we can bring in a gagne or have the cap room to go after Richards if we really wanted to but rather Gagne and save room for next season...

To me it takes Filppula or/sheahan/tatar/pulkinnen, smith, 1st, 2nd/ or hudler. Theyll def use what burns got on the market. Maybe even Franzen, kindl, 3rd.

Im not saying I would do these trades, but its not like yandle is a piece of garbage, you gotta actually give up good parts of your team.

Oh Yandle's undoubtedly going to be hard to get but at least the Wings have one advantage in that case: Yandle hasn't signed with the Yotes and he appears to want out. That means they'll have to move him to someone. I think he'll cost the Wings some very real assets (and more so than Bogo likely would) but at least the Yotes don't have all the leverage in the deal since everyone knows he wants out.

Your point reminds me of the Phil Kessel Boston thing from a few years ago. The situation dragged on late in the offseason, and all TO had to offer was a series of high draft picks, without prospects.

I would love Yandle. I like what I've seen of him.

I would seriously even include Abby in a trade if I had to. I wouldn't want to, but if that's what it took, I would do it.

Detroit: Gives up Abby, a prospect, Hudler, and a pick to offset the taking of Hudler.

Phoenix: Gives up Yandle, takes Hudler.

EDIT to add: I would try Emmerton or Mursak before I tried Abby. I'd only go Abby if they insisted. The "prospect" in question would be someone lower down- not the aforementioned or Tatar. Probably not Smith unless they gave back the pick and still took Hudler. They would also need to agree to pay for weekly haircuts for Commodore.

Dude, come on, Abdelkader has garbage value for a player like Yandle. All you're doing is offereing a bunch of scraps for one of the best offensive d-men in the game that is only 24 years old. Please think about that before you offer such a deal. Would you trade, say, Kronwall for Cody McLeod and a pick?

Your point reminds me of the Phil Kessel Boston thing from a few years ago. The situation dragged on late in the offseason, and all TO had to offer was a series of high draft picks, without prospects.

Yeah, but four firsts might be the cost... Again, a cost I am willing to pay. Most everything we have on the team came without the use of first round picks.

Dude, come on, Abdelkader has garbage value for a player like Yandle. All you're doing is offereing a bunch of scraps for one of the best offensive d-men in the game that is only 24 years old. Please think about that before you offer such a deal. Would you trade, say, Kronwall for Cody McLeod and a pick?

Again, Would it is a different story if Kronwall said he wanted out of town. His value falls too, and it isn't like these deals are McLeod and a pick. We are talking 6+ players that will play in the NHL. Most with upside that could make it a steal for them. COULD... but isn't that the point of trading for futures, you HOPE it ends up being better for you.

I think the point here is what could it hurt to offer a big package like that. If they say no we are no worse for wear.

Yeah, but four firsts might be the cost... Again, a cost I am willing to pay. Most everything we have on the team came without the use of first round picks.

Again, Would it is a different story if Kronwall said he wanted out of town. His value falls too, and it isn't like these deals are McLeod and a pick. We are talking 6+ players that will play in the NHL. Most with upside that could make it a steal for them. COULD... but isn't that the point of trading for futures, you HOPE it ends up being better for you.

I think the point here is what could it hurt to offer a big package like that. If they say no we are no worse for wear.

It doesn't matter if he wants out, you still have to make an offer that 28 other teams can't match. Giving up garbage like Abdelkader, Emmerton, Hudler, etc WILL NOT do that. That kind of package won't even get you Dennis Wideman.

The Yotes might remember Abby differently he scored a sick goal against them! I do really love Yandle and that would be awesome. Not likely but thats alright.

[media][/media]

Edited by 13dangledangle

Do we still think people want Hudler after trying for two solid weeks to trade him? He might either need to stay here or be bought out.

Any discussion of Yandle with Phoenix will probably require the Wings to throw a real prospect like Smith plus a first round pick.

Sheahan and/or Nyquist, a pick, and Hudler or Kindl if they want one.

Gets them a really solid prospect or two, a pick (positioning depending on if they take 1 or 2 prospects), and a roster player that could be solid for them. I'd think Kindl would be the better fit for them.

Guest Heaten

It'll take:

Filpulla / Helm / Smith / Nyquists + two 1st round draft picks to get them to listen. Would you give that up?