• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Diamonds

Just Read This

Rate this topic

Holland is delusional.

Is he actually trying to imply are team is pretty set?

And then to say Ericsson is fair market value and is an important part of the team...

Has he lost his damn mind?

lol. if he's planning on previous successes to get him through this, he's not getting my approval. its not like the leafs are cool with not winning the cup anymore just because they won it a lot of times in the past. you have to constantly strive to improve. i want my gm to be greedy and try to hoard as much talent as he can, not "see" whats around the corner...

The fact of the matter is the Wings team that got eliminated in second round twice in a row just lost their #2 defeseman. The same team that also had trouble scoring more than two goals a game against SJ (their defense isn't that great) did nothing to add some firepower to their second line.

I don't care what Holland's damn excuse is. When you lose your #2 guy, you HAVE to be aggressive. I don't care if that means handing out a rental player contract to get us by until the market has more to offer. Once again, he sat on his hands and said "meh".

At this point we'd be lucky to make the playoffs.

I'm sorry, but is Illitch in money trouble or something?? Are we purposely not spending money this year. This is freaking insane right here!!

The fact of the matter is the Wings team that got eliminated in second round twice in a row just lost their #2 defeseman. The same team that also had trouble scoring more than two goals a game against SJ (their defense isn't that great) did nothing to add some firepower to their second line.

I don't care what Holland's damn excuse is. When you lose your #2 guy, you HAVE to be aggressive. I don't care if that means handing out a rental player contract to get us by until the market has more to offer. Once again, he sat on his hands and said "meh".

There's still hope if he gets up and somehow swings a deal for Yandle.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Simon Gagne ($3.200m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Drew Miller ($0.825m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Keith Yandle ($6.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Mike Commodore ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($0.700m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,733,711; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $566,289

That's if he can't dump Hudler somehow, be great if he could since Mursak should really be in the lineup (I don't care about Abdelkader).

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

That's if he can't dump Hudler somehow, be great if he could since Mursak should really be in the lineup (I don't care about Abdelkader).

Are you high or just really unrealistic?

Are you high or just really unrealistic?

Yandle is being shopped right now and Gagne is an FA. Those are the only two players I have added to the team.

Oh, you mean Conklin don't you? I think he'd take a $40m discount to play here again.

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Hudler wouldn't be staying if Gagne signed, Gagne wont sign for 3M and its going to take more than Hudler and a few slices of pizza to get Yandle.

Hudler wouldn't be staying if Gagne signed, Gagne wont sign for 3M and its going to take more than Hudler and a few slices of pizza to get Yandle.

I really don't understand why everyone here isn't willing to make a REAL offer for Yandle (and I don't mean Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st). SJ just did it with Burns, why does everyone here hate the idea so much and call it so unrealistic? Just an honest question. Yandle doesn't like the future of PHX -- he said this himself, not me, and is being shopped right now.

I really don't understand why everyone here isn't willing to make a REAL offer for Yandle (and I don't mean Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st). SJ just did it with Burns, why does everyone here hate the idea so much and call it so unrealistic? Just an honest question. Yandle doesn't like the future of PHX -- he said this himself, not me, and is being shopped right now.

Its not that we aren't willing to make an offer for Yandle, of course having Yandle on the Wings would be perfect but PHX will want way more for him than we would be willing to give up, or another team will offer PHX way more than we would be willing to match.

Edited by TheRedWingsWay

Haha... you're ridiculous.

July 2nd.

Exactly. If Holland can somehow pull a miracle put of his ass, it's a different story. But given he's already stated he doesn't mind Ericsson in a top pair role indicates to me that the team we have is the team that will start the season.....in other words, we're screwed.

Exactly. If Holland can somehow pull a miracle put of his ass, it's a different story. But given he's already stated he doesn't mind Ericsson in a top pair role indicates to me that the team we have is the team that will start the season.....in other words, we're screwed.

I guarantee you Holland doesn't leave 10m in cap space left unspent. Calm down. It's been one day. Do you really think Holland is going to openly say who he's going after? You don't announce these sort of things to the press.

I guarantee you Holland doesn't leave 10m in cap space left unspent. Calm down. It's been one day. Do you really think Holland is going to openly say who he's going after? You don't announce these sort of things to the press.

I haven't seen you around this board here much before tonight, but I like the cut of your jib! You seem to actually have some knowledge and common sense... something that goes bye bye a bit this time of year on here...

I haven't seen you around this board here much before tonight, but I like the cut of your jib! You seem to actually have some knowledge and common sense... something that goes bye bye a bit this time of year on here...

I second this...

However I could totally see him stashing a ton of cap with this UFA class. Besides the next three years we have players due big raises. It is going to take a ton of cap, and maybe he just figures this is how he makes it easier in the future.

I'm sure he'll make a move sometime this summer, but as of right now, this team is worse than the team that iced last season. Not much worse, but worse. Which is strange, because the goal is to get better. I'm not critiquing Holland, because like he said, there just wasn't anything all that good available, and plus there's still months of free agency left. But I don't like his talk that sounds like we're pretty much set.

Nor do I like the idea of Big E replacing Rafalski, which seems to be what is implied in comments made by Holland and Babcock, though neither came out and admitted it.

Also not a good sign that nobody wants Hudler. Makes trades that much harder.

But hey, at least we are guaranteed a goalie signing before the season.

Edited by VM1138