Guest blueadams

Forward lines next season?

Rate this topic

id try something like this

Filppula - Datsyuk -Holmstrom

Hudler- Zetterberg - Franzen

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi

Eaves - Abs - Mursak

This is pretty close to the lineup I've been posting, aside from the swap of Helm/Abs and Cleary/Franzen. One thing; If I have those bottom six, and put Cleary and Helm together, the third man is either Eaves or Mursak. So that would be:

Filppula/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Hudler/Zetterberg/Franzen

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Mursak/Abdelkader/Bertuzzi

My lines have been:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Cleary

Franzen/Abdelkader/Bertuzzi

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Yeah, or you just trade Hudler to free up a spot? Maybe? Which is what Holland's been trying to do? (Oh and the bolded words/statement really makes convincing me that much easier. As far as I know I haven't insulted you in a post or reduced myself to childish name-calling).

There was a report that said Holland was offering Hudler at the draft. Now it's "we're set at forward."

Doesn't that sound more like he was trying to get good picks for Hudler than just get rid of Hudler?

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Zherdev ($2 million)

Franzen - Zetterberg - Langenbrunner ($2 million)

Cleary - Filppula - Holmstrom

Abdelkader - Helm - Eaves

Miller Mursak

Yeah....I know

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Zherdev ($2 million)

Franzen - Zetterberg - Langenbrunner ($2 million)

Cleary - Filppula - Holmstrom

Abdelkader - Helm - Eaves

Miller Mursak

Yeah....I know

Is Langenbrunner really top six right now? He seems more of a "Drake" type of guy you get solely for their impact in the playoffs.

If that's true, it really didn't seem like it. I remember a ton of offensive dry spells, both last year and the year before.

They were. Wings followed right behind Vancouver in Goals For per game.

#1- Vancouver- 3.15 g/g.

#2- Detroit- 3.13 g/g.

#3- Philadelphia- 3.12 g/g.

#4- Chicago- 3.07 g/g.

#5- Boston- 2.98 g/g.

IMO... the Offense isn't the problem. The problem last season was the fact that we ranked 23rd in defense and need to get that shored up. I think the Ian White and Mike Commodore signings were very solid ones in the context of what they were signed to do. And... if either can step their game up, along with some surprises from the players we already have signed or even some young fellas in training camp, the D could be very surprising next year. We'll have to wait and see.

Go Wings!

This is pretty close to the lineup I've been posting, aside from the swap of Helm/Abs and Cleary/Franzen. One thing; If I have those bottom six, and put Cleary and Helm together, the third man is either Eaves or Mursak. So that would be:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Franzen

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Mursak/Abdelkader/Bertuzzi

My lines have been:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Cleary

Franzen/Abdelkader/Bertuzzi

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

TBH i like the first suggestion there, with bert playing on the 4th line. I just didn't want to have both Holmstrom or Bertuzzi in the top 6, or even the bottom 6 together either. Having Bert with Abs could actually turn out to be a positive thing, the speedy Mursak wouldn't hurt either. Then Helm and Eaves can play together which seems to do them good, and if Cleary plays as good as he did last year, that becomes a very strong checking line.

Is Langenbrunner really top six right now? He seems more of a "Drake" type of guy you get solely for their impact in the playoffs.

I think on a line with Z and Mule he can be. If Holland gets a couple guys who can skate with the top 2 lines it helps spread the talent to the 3rd line. For what ever it would cost to get a guy like him or Drury I think it's worth the risk because you still have a ton a cap space at the deadline, especially if they can move Hudler. If they don't produce on the top line 2 lines he can move to Flips wing.

id try something like this

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi

Eaves - Abs - Mursak

Cleary - Abs - Bertuzzi

Eaves - Helm-Mursak

I love the combos. I just think that Abby would do great with Clears and Bert, they are all cut from the same cloth so to speak. That leaves Helm on four, which is almost my favorite line on the team. The "Wheels" line as I will call it of Eaves, Helm and Mursak. These guys will leave almost any line one thru four spinning round watching them fly away. I am really digging this team right now, and I have a feeling it's a best for last sort of thing...we shall see.

Edited by 13dangledangle

Cleary - Abs - Bertuzzi

Eaves - Helm-Mursak

I love the combos. I just think that Abby would do great with Clears and Bert, they are all cut from the same cloth so to speak. That leaves Helm on four, which is almost my favorite line on the team. The "Wheels" line as I will call it of Eaves, Helm and Mursak. These guys will leave almost any line one thru four spinning round watching them fly away. I am really digging this team right now, and I have a feeling it's a best for last sort of thing...we shall see.

I totally agree with these lines, but i also see homer and cleary swapping spots from time to time depending on the matchup with opposition. but ya, agree with the abs, helm positions. i see babs playing that 4th line A LOT. These are very balanced and i would be confident playing all of them anytime. I just wish kenny could get one of yandle or bogo, cause that would make our team scary good.

I totally agree with these lines, but i also see homer and cleary swapping spots from time to time depending on the matchup with opposition. but ya, agree with the abs, helm positions. i see babs playing that 4th line A LOT. These are very balanced and i would be confident playing all of them anytime. I just wish kenny could get one of yandle or bogo, cause that would make our team scary good.

Damn right it would!

I like this from Kenny. He did a good job at addressing our biggest need Defense. Money left to acquire a pretty good name at the trade deadline if needed. Wings have to stay healthy and I still think they will move Hudler for a bag of pucks. Lets be honest one of the biggest years in free agency will be next year.

Currently scheduled for free agency next year include names like Patrick Sharp, Brad Stuart, Nick Kronwall, Ales Hemsky, Dustin Penner, Drew Doughty, Ryan Sutter, SHEA WEBBER, Pekka Rinne, ZACH PARISE, Keith Yandle, Bret Burns, Steven Stamkos, Mikeal Grabovski, Mikel Samuelsson, Alex Semin, Karl Alzner, Zach Bogosian.

The point is there are a lot of big names next year on the market. The Wings are saving money because one of these names will be signed by the wings next off season. So just relax for now and enjoy the season. We still have the best Defenseman in hockey and two of the best forwards. We will be fine maybe even win the division.

I like this from Kenny. He did a good job at addressing our biggest need Defense. Money left to acquire a pretty good name at the trade deadline if needed. Wings have to stay healthy and I still think they will move Hudler for a bag of pucks. Lets be honest one of the biggest years in free agency will be next year.

Currently scheduled for free agency next year include names like Patrick Sharp, Brad Stuart, Nick Kronwall, Ales Hemsky, Dustin Penner, Drew Doughty, Ryan Sutter, SHEA WEBBER, Pekka Rinne, ZACH PARISE, Keith Yandle, Bret Burns, Steven Stamkos, Mikeal Grabovski, Mikel Samuelsson, Alex Semin, Karl Alzner, Zach Bogosian.

The point is there are a lot of big names next year on the market. The Wings are saving money because one of these names will be signed by the wings next off season. So just relax for now and enjoy the season. We still have the best Defenseman in hockey and two of the best forwards. We will be fine maybe even win the division.

Could you imagine if lids came back for another year and we got one of those guys you mentioned? UNREAL defense.

Cleary - Abs - Bertuzzi

Eaves - Helm - Mursak

Agreed. I think it spreads the wealth well. Also, it puts players that make sense together. I think the 3rd line would play a strong, grinding game and would be so much more effective than say Hudler - Abs - Cleary/Bertuzzi. I also think using Hudler with Zetterberg, or he can be used with Datsyuk at times, make sense too. Based on the types of goals (and assists) their games fit more fluidly in my mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong but keep in mind that the RFAs who go to arbitration may end up on 1 or 2 year deals pending their respective club's decision.

Could you imagine if lids came back for another year and we got one of those guys you mentioned? UNREAL defense.

Imagine being able to land Burns, Weber, or Suter. You'd say goodbye to Commodore at that point but it'd be unreal. Hell, since we're fantasizing, what if the Wings landed both Weber and Suter with Lidstrom returning.

2012-13

Suter - Weber

Lidstrom - Stuart

Kronwall - White/Ericsson

Kindl

Or hell, what if they landed all three?!?

ok I'm just being a dick now...

i see our lines looking something like this...if nothing changes....

Franzen, Datsyuk, Holmstrom

Cleary, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi

Hudler, Filppula, Eaves

Abdelkader, Helm, Miller

Mursak

Emmerton

Lidstrom, Ericcson

Kronwall, White

Stuart, Commodore

Kindl

Howard

Conklin (hopefully)

I think Commodore is going to suprise everyone next season. I feel like he could really regain his form on the Wings and become a dominant shutdown D man with Stuart.

:thumbup:

i see our lines looking something like this...if nothing changes....

Franzen, Datsyuk, Holmstrom

Cleary, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi

Solid lines, have been used fairly regularly in the past.

Hudler, Filppula, Eaves

Should work out well; Huds and Flip have good chemistry, and Eaves would match with them much better than Miller or Abdelkader did.

Abdelkader, Helm, Miller

Three good bottom-six players. The wingers can't keep up with the center. Would be better with Mursak and Eaves flanking Helm.

Lidstrom, Ericcson

Kronwall, White

Stuart, Commodore

Kindl

Stuart and Commodore won't be together. They're both the "stay at home" half of the pair. We saw this past season what happens to Stuart when he tries to be the offensive defenseman. His defense goes to s*** and he still doesn't score points. So if you go with the left/right shooting thing, we have Lidstrom, Kronwall, Ericsson, and Kindl on the left side and White, Stuart, and Commodore on the right. White is offensive while Stu and Commie are defensive. On the left Kronner and Kindl are offensive, Lidstrom is simply amazing, and Ericsson is offensive (accenting the second syllable). So we'll match up. Assuming Kindl is the scratch, we have two defensive players on the right. I wouldn't trust Ericsson as a defensive player, and Kronner is definitely offensive first. So that makes Lidstrom the third defensive half. Lidstrom/White is one pair. Now we have Kronwall/Stuart and Ericsson/Commodore or Kronwall/Commodore and Ericsson/Stuart. Ericsson obviously is filling the "offense" role in those pairs. I wouldn't mind seeing Kindl replace him there.

Howard

Conklin (hopefully)

Conklin is incredibly overrated on these boards. It's more likely Osgood returns than Conklin signs. Between the fact that Conklin is equal to or worse than Osgood, plus the fact he has to play for either Philadelphia or New York next season, he almost certainly won't be Howard's backup.

The guys in bold would not be UFAs next year, unless for some crazy reason the team owning their rights either walks away from an arbitration award or fails to qualify them. 27 years old or 7 seasons as a pro for UFA.

But aside from that, yeah, next looks to be a significantly better UFA crop, especially at forward.

Guest echos myron

conklin blowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssss. not worth bringing into this organization.

Wow, all those double yews and esses! He must really not be a good puck stopping face mask guy.

Not sure about chicago's cap situation but does anybody else think patrick sharp would look amazing on datsyuk's/zetterberg's wing. I believe he is a natural winger but can play both wing and center depending on the teams needs. With that option we could have him center the second line between mule and bert/bear if he doesn't pan out with the big boys. Though, if huds can put up almost a point per game clip with dats during that stretch, I'd imagine sharp would do alright.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hulder - Zetterberg - Franzen

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi

Miller - Abdelkader - Eaves

with 10 minutes to go in 3rd:

Filppula - Datsyuk - Cleary

Hulder - Zetterberg - Franzen

Abdelkader/Miller/Eaves - Helm - Bertuzzi

Holmstrom

or, when we need a goal:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hulder - Filppula - Franzen

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi

Miller - Abdelkader - Eaves

So Jiri Hudler goes from being a healthy scratch in an elimination game against the Sharks, and was used only because of injuries in the last two games, to being our undisputed second line winger? Cool.

So Jiri Hudler goes from being a healthy scratch in an elimination game against the Sharks, and was used only because of injuries in the last two games, to being our undisputed second line winger? Cool.

Ya! You didn't know that he needed the whole last season to re-acclimate himself to the NHL? This year he will get a personal best 40 goals and 100 points playing with Datsyuk and or Zetterberg.