• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

I totally agree with these lines, but i also see homer and cleary swapping spots from time to time depending on the matchup with opposition. but ya, agree with the abs, helm positions. i see babs playing that 4th line A LOT. These are very balanced and i would be confident playing all of them anytime. I just wish kenny could get one of yandle or bogo, cause that would make our team scary good.

Damn right it would!

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#62 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

I like this from Kenny. He did a good job at addressing our biggest need Defense. Money left to acquire a pretty good name at the trade deadline if needed. Wings have to stay healthy and I still think they will move Hudler for a bag of pucks. Lets be honest one of the biggest years in free agency will be next year.

Currently scheduled for free agency next year include names like Patrick Sharp, Brad Stuart, Nick Kronwall, Ales Hemsky, Dustin Penner, Drew Doughty, Ryan Sutter, SHEA WEBBER, Pekka Rinne, ZACH PARISE, Keith Yandle, Bret Burns, Steven Stamkos, Mikeal Grabovski, Mikel Samuelsson, Alex Semin, Karl Alzner, Zach Bogosian.

The point is there are a lot of big names next year on the market. The Wings are saving money because one of these names will be signed by the wings next off season. So just relax for now and enjoy the season. We still have the best Defenseman in hockey and two of the best forwards. We will be fine maybe even win the division.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#63 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

I like this from Kenny. He did a good job at addressing our biggest need Defense. Money left to acquire a pretty good name at the trade deadline if needed. Wings have to stay healthy and I still think they will move Hudler for a bag of pucks. Lets be honest one of the biggest years in free agency will be next year.

Currently scheduled for free agency next year include names like Patrick Sharp, Brad Stuart, Nick Kronwall, Ales Hemsky, Dustin Penner, Drew Doughty, Ryan Sutter, SHEA WEBBER, Pekka Rinne, ZACH PARISE, Keith Yandle, Bret Burns, Steven Stamkos, Mikeal Grabovski, Mikel Samuelsson, Alex Semin, Karl Alzner, Zach Bogosian.

The point is there are a lot of big names next year on the market. The Wings are saving money because one of these names will be signed by the wings next off season. So just relax for now and enjoy the season. We still have the best Defenseman in hockey and two of the best forwards. We will be fine maybe even win the division.

Could you imagine if lids came back for another year and we got one of those guys you mentioned? UNREAL defense.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#64 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

Filppula - Datsyuk -Holmstrom
Hudler- Zetterberg - Franzen
Cleary - Abs - Bertuzzi
Eaves - Helm - Mursak

I totally agree with these lines, but i also see homer and cleary swapping spots from time to time depending on the matchup with opposition. but ya, agree with the abs, helm positions. i see babs playing that 4th line A LOT. These are very balanced and i would be confident playing all of them anytime. I just wish kenny could get one of yandle or bogo, cause that would make our team scary good.

Agreed. I think it spreads the wealth well. Also, it puts players that make sense together. I think the 3rd line would play a strong, grinding game and would be so much more effective than say Hudler - Abs - Cleary/Bertuzzi. I also think using Hudler with Zetterberg, or he can be used with Datsyuk at times, make sense too. Based on the types of goals (and assists) their games fit more fluidly in my mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong but keep in mind that the RFAs who go to arbitration may end up on 1 or 2 year deals pending their respective club's decision.

Could you imagine if lids came back for another year and we got one of those guys you mentioned? UNREAL defense.

Imagine being able to land Burns, Weber, or Suter. You'd say goodbye to Commodore at that point but it'd be unreal. Hell, since we're fantasizing, what if the Wings landed both Weber and Suter with Lidstrom returning.

2012-13
Suter - Weber
Lidstrom - Stuart
Kronwall - White/Ericsson
Kindl

Or hell, what if they landed all three?!?

ok I'm just being a **** now...
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#65 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

i see our lines looking something like this...if nothing changes....

Franzen, Datsyuk, Holmstrom

Cleary, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi

Hudler, Filppula, Eaves

Abdelkader, Helm, Miller

Mursak
Emmerton

Lidstrom, Ericcson

Kronwall, White

Stuart, Commodore

Kindl

Howard
Conklin (hopefully)

I think Commodore is going to suprise everyone next season. I feel like he could really regain his form on the Wings and become a dominant shutdown D man with Stuart.

:thumbup:
be about it!

#66 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

i see our lines looking something like this...if nothing changes....

Franzen, Datsyuk, Holmstrom
Cleary, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi

Solid lines, have been used fairly regularly in the past.

Hudler, Filppula, Eaves

Should work out well; Huds and Flip have good chemistry, and Eaves would match with them much better than Miller or Abdelkader did.

Abdelkader, Helm, Miller

Three good bottom-six players. The wingers can't keep up with the center. Would be better with Mursak and Eaves flanking Helm.

Lidstrom, Ericcson

Kronwall, White

Stuart, Commodore

Kindl

Stuart and Commodore won't be together. They're both the "stay at home" half of the pair. We saw this past season what happens to Stuart when he tries to be the offensive defenseman. His defense goes to s*** and he still doesn't score points. So if you go with the left/right shooting thing, we have Lidstrom, Kronwall, Ericsson, and Kindl on the left side and White, Stuart, and Commodore on the right. White is offensive while Stu and Commie are defensive. On the left Kronner and Kindl are offensive, Lidstrom is simply amazing, and Ericsson is offensive (accenting the second syllable). So we'll match up. Assuming Kindl is the scratch, we have two defensive players on the right. I wouldn't trust Ericsson as a defensive player, and Kronner is definitely offensive first. So that makes Lidstrom the third defensive half. Lidstrom/White is one pair. Now we have Kronwall/Stuart and Ericsson/Commodore or Kronwall/Commodore and Ericsson/Stuart. Ericsson obviously is filling the "offense" role in those pairs. I wouldn't mind seeing Kindl replace him there.

Howard
Conklin (hopefully)

Conklin is incredibly overrated on these boards. It's more likely Osgood returns than Conklin signs. Between the fact that Conklin is equal to or worse than Osgood, plus the fact he has to play for either Philadelphia or New York next season, he almost certainly won't be Howard's backup.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#67 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

The guys in bold would not be UFAs next year, unless for some crazy reason the team owning their rights either walks away from an arbitration award or fails to qualify them. 27 years old or 7 seasons as a pro for UFA.

But aside from that, yeah, next looks to be a significantly better UFA crop, especially at forward.

#68 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:39 AM

conklin blowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssss. not worth bringing into this organization.

#69 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:42 AM

conklin blowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssss. not worth bringing into this organization.

Wow, all those double yews and esses! He must really not be a good puck stopping face mask guy.

#70 Pasha 13

Pasha 13

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:49 AM

Not sure about chicago's cap situation but does anybody else think patrick sharp would look amazing on datsyuk's/zetterberg's wing. I believe he is a natural winger but can play both wing and center depending on the teams needs. With that option we could have him center the second line between mule and bert/bear if he doesn't pan out with the big boys. Though, if huds can put up almost a point per game clip with dats during that stretch, I'd imagine sharp would do alright.

#71 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Hudler- Datsyuk- Cleary

Filppula- Zetterberg- Franzen

Bertuzzi- Helm- Eaves

Holmstrom- Abby- Miller

Mursak
Emmerton

#72 ashenhigh

ashenhigh

Career 4th Line Forward

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Hulder - Zetterberg - Franzen
Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi
Miller - Abdelkader - Eaves

with 10 minutes to go in 3rd:

Filppula - Datsyuk - Cleary
Hulder - Zetterberg - Franzen
Abdelkader/Miller/Eaves - Helm - Bertuzzi
Holmstrom

or, when we need a goal:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom
Hulder - Filppula - Franzen
Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi
Miller - Abdelkader - Eaves

#73 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

So Jiri Hudler goes from being a healthy scratch in an elimination game against the Sharks, and was used only because of injuries in the last two games, to being our undisputed second line winger? Cool.

#74 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

http://hfboards.com/...ad.php?t=944663

Looks like our boy blue made his way over to HF. I hope they're ready for 5 line threads a week.

#75 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

So Jiri Hudler goes from being a healthy scratch in an elimination game against the Sharks, and was used only because of injuries in the last two games, to being our undisputed second line winger? Cool.

Ya! You didn't know that he needed the whole last season to re-acclimate himself to the NHL? This year he will get a personal best 40 goals and 100 points playing with Datsyuk and or Zetterberg.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#76 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

you seem too reasonable for this board. need more raw, irrational emotion in your posts.

I find this post ironic.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#77 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

I dont understand how Conklin "blowwwwwwwwssssss".
Yes he had a bit of trouble while with St.Louis the last couple years, but was still a .500 goalie going 10-10-2 with 4 shut outs in 2010 and went 8-8-4 with 2 shut outs in 2011.

When he played for us back in 2009, he was very solid stepping in whenever he was called upon and posting a 25-11-2 record with 6 shut outs.

I would love to get him back.
be about it!

#78 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

Offense isn't the problem, Wings were tied 1st or had one less goal, but were top of the league in goal scoring.

I strongly believe that Detroit should have made a push for Burns before July 1st, as he, IMHO, was the best defenseman in this free agent class. But that's water under the bridge, as it didn't happen.

How do you know they didn't? Maybe Wild didn't want Hulder, Emmerton, Filppula... Maybe they wanted a proven fast skating scoring forward with a bargain contract and a blue chip prospect?

#79 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

Offense isn't the problem, Wings were tied 1st or had one less goal, but were top of the league in goal scoring.

How do you know they didn't? Maybe Wild didn't want Hulder, Emmerton, Filppula... Maybe they wanted a proven fast skating scoring forward with a bargain contract and a blue chip prospect?

You should know by now that us Wings fans believe that ANYTHING we want, however impossibly unobtainable, is well within our grasp at any given point.

And if for some inexplicable reason we don't actually get said player than it must be due to our awful management and a coach that no one wants to play for. :hehe:
Posted Image