• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Richards to NYR

Rate this topic

NYR always throw money around like this and it always comes back to bit them. So I have no doubt that in 3 years this contract won't look so hot.

Would've been interesting to see if he had signed earlier yesterday if it would've kept the prices a little lower for some of these guys. 6.5 a year for Richards seems right but I thought he would get more. Seems it wasn't as much of a bidding more but more of where he wanted to be.

Hanks the exception as he is a beast. Franzen and Richards are in the same boat though...

I suppose I can take that to an extent.

I just love how everyone on here calls this signing by the rangers dumb and the Franzen signing by Holland as "genius".

Talk about homerism.

I just love how everyone on here calls this signing by the rangers dumb and the Franzen signing by Holland as "genius".

Talk about homerism.

I only feel this way because it's the Rags and every big contract they sign never works out!

Guest blueadams

Source:

http://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger

9 years at $6.5 AaV for Richards and Rangers.

6.5 ain't bad at all. That's about on par with Pav and Hank, plus inflation. We should've got him (or traded for his bro).

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Richards-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Filppula-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Miller

Mursak

looked good

If Richards and Gaborik stay healthy next year they're going to do some damage.

I'm just happy he didn't go to Toronto. Everyone I work with is a leafs fan and were convinced they would land Richards. Monday will be a good day!

:lol:

Talk about homerism.

You do realise that plenty of people on here regard the Franzen contract as a giant albatross hanging from out necks, and said so at the time it was signed?

Anyway, we were never in the running for Richards.

You do realise that plenty of people on here regard the Franzen contract as a giant albatross hanging from out necks, and said so at the time it was signed?

Anyway, we were never in the running for Richards.

Yet I'm sure most of them still say, "In Kenny We Trust" before every meal.

Talk about homerism.

Um, you do realize that Franzen (basically a 30 goal scorer, and outside of last season, has been a playoff beast) is paid almost half of what Richards just got? Richards gets 6.5 mil, while Franzen gets 3.9 mil. I am trying to figure out how in todays grossly overpaid market, a 30 goal scorer for 3.9 mil is an albatross? 3.9 for a 30 goal guy is a bargain in todays NHL. But go ahead and use a poor example to try and benefit your argument somehow. You can compare Z to Richards as they make similar money. Franzen does not. While the length may be similar, the $$$$ is bargain. For crying out loud, Leino makes more per season than Franzen.