• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Trade idea with Winnipeg

Rate this topic

I posted this in the Yandle thread, just something to think about... not saying it will happen, but I think it could be a win win

Just thinking a little outside of the box, maybe kill 2 birds with one stone, get a couple discontents into new surroundings and make both teams winners in a trade?

To Winnipeg:

Hudler, Kindl, Larsson and two, 1st round picks

To Detroit:

Bogosian, Mason

Larsson absolutely tore it up in the SEL last year and could steal the starting role from Pavelec in camp (probably could even give Jimmy a push for the starting gig here) but wasn't willing to play in the AHL anymore and will probably never be in the Wings plans, but is a stud goalie.... They also get some cap to add to the floor in Hudler, and he could return to form with a change of scenery... so it's a good gamble for them(especially since he isn't the centerpiece of this trade). They also get Kindl, who is very NHL ready and showed flashes of top 4 ability last season in his limited role. He could also probably use a change of scenery and would benefit from a more wide open run and gun system like they run there. Add a couple 1st rounders, to build for the future, and I think that's a very good package for them....

Mason on the other hand, looked a litte shaky last year, but could fill a backup role well here and has a reasonable caphit, plus, he looks like he needs a change of scenery as well. We also get a blue chip in Bogosian, who can't come to terms with Winnipeg and would fit our system better than theirs... I think it's win/win

Once again, this is just an out of the box thought and, just as any, I understand it's not flawless, but I think it would at least be worth a call to Cheveldayoff...

Edited by stevkrause

Similar to the trade ideas with Yandle, I would be all for it. But in reality I will give this one the same one in a million chance that Holland would make such an aggressive trade unless he felt he had no choice. I do have all of the faith in the world in Holland and the Wings' management but I am starting to feel more and more like this team needs a decent shake up (nothing monumental) to get themselves motivated again.

I posted this in the Yandle thread, just something to think about... not saying it will happen, but I think it could be a win win

Just thinking a little outside of the box, maybe kill 2 birds with one stone, get a couple discontents into new surroundings and make both teams winners in a trade?

To Winnipeg:

To Detroit:

Bogosian, Mason

Larsson absolutely tore it up in the SEL last year and could steal the starting role from Pavelec in camp (probably could even give Jimmy a push for the starting gig here) but wasn't willing to play in the AHL anymore and will probably never be in the Wings plans, but is a stud goalie.... They also get some cap to add to the floor in Hudler, and he could return to form with a change of scenery... so it's a good gamble for them(especially since he isn't the centerpiece of this trade). They also get Kindl, who is very NHL ready and showed flashes of top 4 ability last season in his limited role. He could also probably use a change of scenery and would benefit from a more wide open run and gun system like they run there. Add a couple 1st rounders, to build for the future, and I think that's a very good package for them....

Mason on the other hand, looked a litte shaky last year, but could fill a backup role well here and has a reasonable caphit, plus, he looks like he needs a change of scenery as well. We also get a blue chip in Bogosian, who can't come to terms with Winnipeg and would fit our system better than theirs... I think it's win/win

Once again, this is just an out of the box thought and, just as any, I understand it's not flawless, but I think it would at least be worth a call to Cheveldayoff...

Noone wants Hudler. We are going to have to buy him out or just deal with him for a year. It will take two 1st round picks (since we tend to have late 1st rounders) and a prospect. I still think that is alot but it should work since it's entirely possible that he doesn't want to play there anyways. We have so many prospects now I think it would be ok to deal away a few picks. Just sign Conklin for a goalie and call it a day. I wold rather have Yandle though.

Guest blueadams

To Winnipeg:

To Detroit:

Bogosian, Mason

I like it.

I don't think we'd give up even one 1st rounder, but aside from that, I like it.

Hudler and Kindl or Ericsson plus a highly touted prospect that will probably never sign with us in Larsson. Why not throw in Hat-Trick Dick as well? and/or Emmerton?

Noone wants Hudler. We are going to have to buy him out or just deal with him for a year. It will take two 1st round picks (since we tend to have late 1st rounders) and a prospect. I still think that is alot but it should work since it's entirely possible that he doesn't want to play there anyways. We have so many prospects now I think it would be ok to deal away a few picks. Just sign Conklin for a goalie and call it a day. I wold rather have Yandle though.

Hudler would just be a piece added, not a negotiating piece and he would help them get to the cap floor, in the last year of his deal... I covered ths in my first post... I would also prob rather have Conklin than Mason, but this would be part of the goalie for goalie deal of the trade and Larsson is still a very valuable prospect, that many could argue is completely NHL ready right now...

Yandle would also likely cost more than Bogo...

Well there's one in every crowd and I guess I'll be the one to say NO. I just don't like the idea of trading players like Kindl, and Larsson; especially since we haven't given either one a fair chance at proving themselves on this roster, and I definetly HATE trading ANY Draft Picks away. I'm not saying that it wouldn't work I'm just saying I don't like it. Not a bad idea and it's great thinking I love that you are willing to think outside the box as you said but I just don't like the players involved. Bogosian is the only player I wouldn't mind having. Mason is a good quality goalie and probably would be a fine back-up but it's just not a route I'd want to go without knowing how Larsson and Kindl could play for us.

Edited by Dimaline312000

Any scenario where we get rid of Hudler and bring back Bogosian would be great. Most likely Atlanta will want way more than that for him especially after seeing what free agents have been getting paid. And for Hudler, we can only hope someone will give us a mid-round pick for him because it seems (IMO) like nobody wants to trade a player for him unless it's a bad contract. At this point my free agent wish list includes 1.Ian White (4 years at $3.8-4.5 million per season seems reasonable), 4.Anton Babchuk, 3.Zenon Konopka and 2.Tim Connolly; White and Connolly or Konopka would fill the teams needs and Conklin or Turco could back up Howie plus we keep our picks and prospects. Judging by the teams needs and comments by Holland I imagine he's working on something big because he has never went in to a season with a team with so many holes.

Kindl and Larsson probably won't get moved. The Wings need Kindl because his skill still exceeds his salary and if Larsson is willing to play in North America and is that good then he'll be backing up Howard. Any trade scenario including them would have to bring back equal parts and the money would be way off.

Love the trade scenario but this market has been jacked and crappy teams with RFA's may be over valueing their young talent knowing teams are desperate.

Teams will be looking for draft picks and players like: Tatar, Mursak, McCollum, Almqvist, Nicastro, etc

Hudler would just be a piece added, not a negotiating piece and he would help them get to the cap floor, in the last year of his deal... I covered ths in my first post... I would also prob rather have Conklin than Mason, but this would be part of the goalie for goalie deal of the trade and Larsson is still a very valuable prospect, that many could argue is completely NHL ready right now...

Yandle would also likely cost more than Bogo...

Trust me I would love for us to get rid of Hudler, I am just not sure anyone wants him. He is a pretty good point producer but I think perhaps other teams may be looking at his size as well as his ability to hold onto the Puck. He gets knocked off the Puck more than any other player I have ever seen. If we could package him to get rid of his salary then I'm all for it I just figured if Holland wants to get rid of him he has probably already tried. I know Babcock wants to get bigger which is why I think they really are trying to get rid of him.

Guest echos myron

So basically,

[valuable assets]

for

[valuable asset and mediocre goalie]

Bogosian put nearly the same numbers up as Ericsson last season and was just as much of a pain in the ass for Thrasher fans. Trading for Bogo is trading for a project player with potential.

Considering he's only 20 I'd say he's more a prospect than a project. Had we drafted him, he might not have played an NHL game thus far.