• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

Defensive pairings

Rate this topic

I see Commodore on the second pairing midway through the season with Stuart.

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Commodore

Ericsson-Kindl/other

I know some will say that E is the number 4 dman right now and I believe he will most likely start the season that way, but I think that Commodore will eventually show himself to be more dependable and force E to take the job from him.

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Commodore

Ericsson-Kindl/other

I know some will say that E is the number 4 dman right now and I believe he will most likely start the season that way, but I think that Commodore will eventually show himself to be more dependable and force E to take the job from him.

Your have all the offense in the top pair. Plus, I am not sure the Wings are done signing defensemen, yet.

Guest blueadams

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Commodore

Ericsson-Kindl/other

Disagree.

It sounds like Smith is going to be on the team. And it sounds like he's going to be on the team because we want him to play with Lidstrom while he still can. As pathetic as it might be, HE is our Rafalski replacement (unless of course we sign someone else).

Also, I wouldn't get too excited about Commodore and start talking about him as a second pairing. He's a 6th/7th defenseman, i.e. Kindl insurance. Nothing more. Nothing less. He didn't spend the second half of last season in the AHL because he's so great.

Even-strength:

Lidstrom-Smith

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Kindl/Commodore

PP1: Lidstrom-Smith

PP2: Kronwall-Kindl...or Stuart, if Kindl's scratched (maybe Ericsson?).

PK1:Kronwall-Stuart

PK2:Lidstrom-Ericsson...I know Babs doesn't like putting Lids out there on the PK these days, but it can't be Smith or Kindl. If Commodore's dressed, he'll probably be in there instead though.

<br />Your have all the offense in the top pair.  Plus, I am not sure the Wings are done signing defensemen, yet.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Babs did have Stuart with Lids for a while last season, true, and Kronwall and Commodore would be an interesting pair, but I still think the 2 best defensemen will be together. Stuart may be more required to shoot the puck this season.

<br />Disagree.<br /><br />It sounds like Smith is going to be on the team.  And it sounds like he's going to be on the team because we want him to play with Lidstrom while he still can.  As pathetic as it might be, HE is our Rafalski replacement (unless of course we sign someone else).  <br /><br />Also, I wouldn't get too excited about Commodore and start talking about him as a second pairing.  He's a 6th/7th defenseman, i.e. Kindl insurance.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  He didn't spend the second half of last season in the AHL because he's so great.<br /><br />Even-strength:<br /><br />Lidstrom-Smith<br />Kronwall-Stuart<br />Ericsson-Kindl/Commodore<br /><br />PP1: Lidstrom-Smith<br />PP2: Kronwall-Kindl...or Stuart, if Kindl's scratched (maybe Ericsson?).<br /><br />PK1:Kronwall-Stuart<br />PK2:Lidstrom-Ericsson...I know Babs doesn't like putting Lids out there on the PK these days, but it can't be Smith or Kindl.  If Commodore's dressed, he'll probably be in there instead though.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Disagree. Rookie on the first pairing? When was the last time that happened on this team? If Smith plays over Kindl it will be on the third pair where rookies belong.

Guest blueadams
Disagree. Rookie on the first pairing? When was the last time that happened on this team? If Smith plays over Kindl it will be on the third pair where rookies belong.

uhh, fine

Kronwall-Stuart

Lidstrom-Smith

Ericsson-Kindl/Commy

and Smith could've been a third pair this year. we're not bringing him up until it's a top 4 role. and it sounds like we're bringing him up this year.

Edited by blueadams

<br />uhh, fine<br /><br />Kronwall-Stuart<br />Lidstrom-Smith<br />Ericsson-Kindl/Commy<br /><br />and Smith could've been a third pair this year.  we're not bringing him up until it's a top 4 role.  and it sounds like we're bringing him up this year.<br />

That works. All we need to do is slap one of the greatest Red Wings and defensemen of all-time in the face and guarantee he won't sign again next season.

Kidding aside, no one on the second and third pairings are guaranteed a fixed spot, but this Smith kid hasn't proved himself to be a regular NHLer, let alone Lidstrom's partner on the TOP pairing.

So what's the story on Janik? I've heard that he will be up with the Wings this year for sure, and I've heard that he might be in GR.

If we have Lids-Kron-Stu as 3 of our top 4, and E, Janik, Commodore, and Kindl as the bottom, something's got to give. It can only mean that E or Commodore is going to be in the top 4 or that someone's going to be gone in a trade, possibly 2 someones if you take into account all of the Smith talk.

E and C are not going to be traded, nor are the top 3, so I would guess that leaves Kindl and/or Janik and/or Smith as trade bait. Janik will not fetch anything, so that leaves Kindl and/or Smith.

Could a trade for the likes of Bogo or Yandle include Kindl and/or Smith? Would we be willing to give up both?

What would we have for callups if they did go? Would we need to panic, even if we had Janik?

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Commodore

Ericsson-Kindl/other

Really? I see Commodore sitting in the press box come mid-season. ;)

Honestly, though, as long as he can keep his whining to a minimum and get in shape, he should be serviceable as a bottom pairing guy. I see this:

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Stuart

Kindl-Commodore

That's what seems to be shaping up from the various comments from Babcock and Holland.

Ericsson CAN'T play on the RIGHT SIDE!!!

Only Stuart (beside Rafalski) was able to play on the RIGHT SIDE with Lidstrom. So that's WHY Detroit is still looking for DEF (White or Babchuk) who plays on RIGHT SIDE to pair him with Lids.

If no DEF is in for Detroit, lines will looked like this:

Lids - Stuart

Kronwall - Kindl

Ericsson - Commodore 128

Holland/Bab's will ask Ericsson to play bigger role - that's for sure BUT let's be honest, Ericsson have LIMITED skills.

please no white or babchuck. do not want. they are just plugs. much rather have a young up and commer for the future. id rather give up lots now for a young dman like yandle or bogosian than have another plug. lids leaves next year likely and following this years FA sweepstakes, its not likely we land suter next year at all if he isnt re-signed by then. you basically have to suck a players dick to get them now as seen with richards. gotta trade.

EDIT: and kenny doesn't seem to apt on sucking dicks as of late, he wants everything on his own terms including hossa asking to come. so ya, its gotta be a trade.

Edited by dirtydangles

please no white or babchuck. do not want. they are just plugs. much rather have a young up and commer for the future. id rather give up lots now for a young dman like yandle or bogosian than have another plug. lids leaves next year likely and following this years FA sweepstakes, its not likely we land suter next year at all if he isnt re-signed by then. you basically have to suck a players dick to get them now as seen with richards. gotta trade.

EDIT: and kenny doesn't seem to apt on sucking dicks as of late, he wants everything on his own terms including hossa asking to come. so ya, its gotta be a trade.

Hes a plug.

This is the last season for Lids - you can't just give up on 2nd July!!! I'm not fan at all of either (White or Babchuk) but it seems like they are the most logical choice right now. I would like to have Bogosian, but let's be honest, it will not happen - who do we trade?

I would not be opposed to trade Franzen but for who?????

Guest echos myron

I can't be the only one that thought Lidstrom - Stuart didn't work at all.

How is Ian White a plug? He was one of the few solid dmen on a s***ty Toronto team and was good in the playoffs for SJ last year.

Edited by echos myron

If this stands, we have to keep Smith in the minors and call him up every time we need a sub. I will be mad if we call him up to sit, and I will be mad if we sit Kindl.

The opportunity of this disaster is that we can get the young guys in the mindset of carrying the team when Lids leaves. EXP that is the name of the game now.

This thread assumes Holland isn't looking for a top defenseman.

Current roster:

Lidstrom - Ericsson

Kronwall - Stuart

Kindl - Commodore

Smith

Possible:

Lidstrom - Kaberle/White/Bogosian/Yandle/Bouwmeester

Kronwall - Ericsson

Stuart - Commodore/Kindl

Guest blueadams

well...looks like this now:

Lidstrom-White