59 replies to this topic

#1 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

#!*% Lebron, Lidstrom is the king.

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

per Greg Wyshynski

Goaltender Ty Conklin is one of two options for Detroit..team has yet to make a decision. #Red Wings

#2 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

This is what I was expecting for a back up. Lots of talk last year about the Wings picking him up via trade or waivers so no surprise if they pick him up for a cheap price as a UFA.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#3 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

He got a big paycheck after he left Wings but after two mediocre seasons he might come fairly cheap.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#4 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

#!*% Lebron, Lidstrom is the king.

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

i feel that if the price is right, why not. hes still capable of being a backup.

#5 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

Fine by me, he was pretty good with the Wings before.

#6 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

Since us and Joey Mac took a downfall Conklin would be more than welcomed back to the franchise. Just ensure he has the right price and he'll take some weight off of Jimmy's shoulder's during the regular season. Posted Image

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#7 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

Yeah. Who the hell else are they gonna get?
Posted Image

#8 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

Roughly 1 to 1.25 million seems to be the going price for a good backup. Which leaves us $8-plus million in cap room, plus one miffed Osgood.

#9 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

He did pretty good here, also a great lockerroom guy, hes not a psycho like most goalies. Always liked him, ide love to have him back at the right price.

#10 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

Is Hedberg still available?
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#11 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

Yeah. Who the hell else are they gonna get?

Ozzie duh :hehe:

#12 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

Just bring Ozzie back.

Posted Image

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Would love to see this mask again.

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#14 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

I love Ozzie just as much as anybody and I think its obvious that he wants to play and still can play at a high level, but I think the Wings main concern is his health.. if you go with Ozzie you basically still need a 3rd option in goal just in case.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#15 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

Wouldn't mind him back at the right price of course. Meaning cheap but who knows. I don't see Osgood coming back either. If we don't sign anyone you gotta think Kenny might try and trade for someone at some point. But God knows when....

#16 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

Is Hedberg still available?

nope.

#17 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

I wanted him back here around the trade deadline. For the right price it'd be a good pickup. Nothing to get crazy excited over but it's a quality signing.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#18 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

Conklin's so bad now. Fire Holland!

Posted Image

#19 Dtown1340

Dtown1340

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

I think Conklin would be a good fit for a backup. He was good here in 09. No reason he can't do it again. As a BACKUP role, he fits the bill.

Wings are running out of options here.

#20 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

Definetly not a horrible choice but it just reminds me of what I said a little bit ago is about the Chemistry between Goalies. Conks is a good back-up and Jimmy could definetly learn a lot from him and vice versa but that would put the Wings in the same postion the next season or whenever Conks Contract ended; we'd have to look for another back-up for Jimmy. I don't know what's going on as far as Larsson coming back from Sweden but if he is and we can get him on an NHL contract for cheap that would give us two young goalies to move forward with and that would give McCollum plenty of time to help develop his skills in the AHL than when the time came for him to be up we'd have to make the decision than but at least it would give us time to see what our young guys could do together. I mean do we want to keep signing older veteran goalies to 1 or 2 year deals from here on out or have 2 younger guys be up and be the future of the team. I lean torwards the Younger Goalies if it works out if not I'm definetly on board for bringing Ty Conklin in again. I just want what's best for the team and the best possible players we can have to bring a Cup back to Detroit along with giving our younger players plenty of oppertunity to be in the NHL. I mean we drafted these guys we may as well see if they can fill some NHL roles on this team.