• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
X13WINGS13X

Wings looking at Ty Conklin

Rate this topic

Even though statistically, Ozzie hasn't been great the past couple years, I think as a backup, he would be adequate, IF he could stay healthy though. At this point, I don't think he can and its time to move on. I'm a strong believer in letting veterans who have done great things for the franchise go out on their own terms, but everything that happened with Ozzie last year, we have to get another back up. MacDonald and McCollum are not going to get it done. So if Howard should happen to have some freak injury where he's out for a long period of time, the season's over. Conklin fit this team very well in 2009 and would fit well today. Conklin has excellent rebound control and is a good puck handler, two attributes that really worked well for him a couple years ago playing behind our defense.

Vokoun won't be the clear #1 goalie at all. He and Neuvirth will probably split exactly 50/50 and then whoever plays best gets the playoffs.

With that said, anyone getting all pissed off at Holland for not getting him is just ridiculous as usual. The Wings have committed to Howard as the starting goaltender for the near and distant future, and rightfully so.

There's an article on redwingscentral.com right now that notes Holland was in contact with Vokoun.

There's an article on redwingscentral.com right now that notes Holland was in contact with Vokoun.

MLive article says the same thing. [LINK]

I think Vokoun wants the opportunity to be the #1, which is much more likely to happen in Washington than it is here.

If Holland cannot sign Conklin for whatever reason - how about Jeff Deslauriers?

I thought he did quite well a few seasons ago when Khabibulin was out.

Yes please! He's the same age as Jimmy, iIf they could lock him up we would a have a great young tandem. For as long as there salaries allowed us to anyways...

@mgrossiTFP by TheFourthPeriod

: It appears that Ty Conklin may soon return to the #redwings. GM Ken Holland wants to first talk to Chris Osgood once more.

I truly believe its gonna be ConkBlock backing up Jimmy this year. While Kenny said he'd like to talk to Ozzie when he gets back first, he also said he won't hesitate to move if he has to. To me, that means Kenny wants to do right by Ozzie for all he's done for the organization and tell him in person that the team is going a different direction rather than having to hear about it on the trip his teammates paid for him to go on for his 400th win.

If ConkBlock puts pressure on Holland to make up his mind now or else, than Holland will be forced to "not hesitate" as he mentioned.

This is what I'm taking from his comments.

I truly believe its gonna be ConkBlock backing up Jimmy this year. While Kenny said he'd like to talk to Ozzie when he gets back first, he also said he won't hesitate to move if he has to. To me, that means Kenny wants to do right by Ozzie for all he's done for the organization and tell him in person that the team is going a different direction rather than having to hear about it on the trip his teammates paid for him to go on for his 400th win.

If ConkBlock puts pressure on Holland to make up his mind now or else, than Holland will be forced to "not hesitate" as he mentioned.

This is what I'm taking from his comments.

I already created my new NHL 11 roster with our updated roster and I put Conklin on it, so, by proxy, it must be so!

:blink:

The again, I also managed to turn around and instantly trade Kindl and Hudler to Boston for Lucic and a prospect, so, there's that :hehe: