• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
germanwing

Wings sign D Ian White to 2-year, $5.75m contract

Rate this topic

i have seen enough of white play with his time with the leafs. if people complain about rafalski's questionable defensive play and give away's, you ain't seen nothing yet..

... White is better defensively than Rafalski. Nowhere near as good offensively, but better defensively.

Guest Heaten

5'-10"

How's his skating and passing? He's scored 26 points four times. Atleast he's consistent.

Only 27 years old..

terrible, way to panic holland...

white will be the new LGW whipping boy, you guys will see.

i have seen enough of white play with his time with the leafs. if people complain about rafalski's questionable defensive play and give away's, you ain't seen nothing yet..

<_<

Hmmm. Do you maybe not like this guy? Three posts in less than ten minutes. Tell us how you really feel.

I'm sure all you Negative Nancys out there think this was Holland's first phone call all off-season.

So, I'll leave you to your endless bitching.

I am satisfied with this signing in both term and price and I think some of you may be surprised how this signing turns out.

how much cap do we have after this signing?

Around 6 million. Some of that will go to a backup G. Probably 4.5 or so left with a full roster, not sure if he'll save that for the deadline or try to do something else.

From thehockeynews.com:

ASSETS: Moves the puck with precision out of the defensive zone. Is an above-average skater and puck-handler. Owns a big shot from the point.

FLAWS: Lacks ideal size for the NHL, especially in front of his own net. Can go into offensive slumps from time to time.

Edited by Jusek

Ian White - 27 yrs old - 401 games - 143 pts - 2.875 million per

James Wisniewski - 27 yrs old - 329 games - 148 pts - 5.5 milion per

No doubt is Wiz is a better player but 2.625 per, either we really under paid or the BJ's severely over paid, I will take the latter on that one.

Guest Heaten

Ian White was paid $3 million last year by the Sharks?

Holland signs him at 2.8 million... 200k less than last year.

So now they have 14 forwards and 8 defencemen. If a trade doesn't materialize then the worst forward after the camp is gone either by trade or by waivers or, in case of clearing waivers, in the AHL (Emmerton).

“We've seen him a lot in the San Jose series,'' general manager Ken Holland told Booth Newspapers. "He can play on the power play, he's a competitor. He's a guy that thinks the game. He's got the skills. We've got skilled defensemen in (Nicklas) Lidstrom, (Niklas) Kronwall, others, and he's comfortable playing with them.''

MLive

So now they have 14 forwards and 8 defencemen. If a trade doesn't materialize then the worst forward after the camp is gone either by trade or by waivers or, in case of clearing waivers, in the AHL (Emmerton).

MLive

I thought this was seven? Lidstrom, Kronwall, Stuart, White, Ericsson, Commodore, Kindl

Unless you're including Janik. Janik will not be on the team, I can guarantee you that.

im sure hes capable of scoring 40+ points playing with the wings. i think hes a lot more solid defensively than rafalski ever was too.

defense got a lot more solid. offense from the defense decreased a little.

im not happy nor unhappy with the 2 pick ups. now time to find a backup and a sniper. '

dont know whats going to happen once lids is gone though s***

im sure hes capable of scoring 40+ points playing with the wings. i think hes a lot more solid defensively than rafalski ever was too.

defense got a lot more solid. offense from the defense decreased a little.

im not happy nor unhappy with the 2 pick ups. now time to find a backup and a sniper. '

dont know whats going to happen once lids is gone though s***

SUTER!!