• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#41 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Absolute Steal in terms of money in this market... Way to Go Kenny!

Welcome to the D Ian!

Plus... Right Handed Shot Baby!

#42 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

Ian White - 27 yrs old - 401 games - 143 pts - 2.875 million per

James Wisniewski - 27 yrs old - 329 games - 148 pts - 5.5 milion per

No doubt is Wiz is a better player but 2.625 per, either we really under paid or the BJ's severely over paid, I will take the latter on that one.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#43 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

how much cap do we have after this signing?

About 6.5 Give or take.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#44 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

how is this guy cheaper than ericsson?

White is $2.8mil per and Ericsson is $3.2 per if I'm not mistaken.

#45 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

Ian White was paid $3 million last year by the Sharks?

Holland signs him at 2.8 million... 200k less than last year.

#46 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

So now they have 14 forwards and 8 defencemen. If a trade doesn't materialize then the worst forward after the camp is gone either by trade or by waivers or, in case of clearing waivers, in the AHL (Emmerton).

“We've seen him a lot in the San Jose series,'' general manager Ken Holland told Booth Newspapers. "He can play on the power play, he's a competitor. He's a guy that thinks the game. He's got the skills. We've got skilled defensemen in (Nicklas) Lidstrom, (Niklas) Kronwall, others, and he's comfortable playing with them.''

MLive

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#47 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

So now they have 14 forwards and 8 defencemen. If a trade doesn't materialize then the worst forward after the camp is gone either by trade or by waivers or, in case of clearing waivers, in the AHL (Emmerton).

MLive

I thought this was seven? Lidstrom, Kronwall, Stuart, White, Ericsson, Commodore, Kindl

Unless you're including Janik. Janik will not be on the team, I can guarantee you that.

#48 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

im sure hes capable of scoring 40+ points playing with the wings. i think hes a lot more solid defensively than rafalski ever was too.

defense got a lot more solid. offense from the defense decreased a little.

im not happy nor unhappy with the 2 pick ups. now time to find a backup and a sniper. '

dont know whats going to happen once lids is gone though s***

#49 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

im sure hes capable of scoring 40+ points playing with the wings. i think hes a lot more solid defensively than rafalski ever was too.

defense got a lot more solid. offense from the defense decreased a little.

im not happy nor unhappy with the 2 pick ups. now time to find a backup and a sniper. '

dont know whats going to happen once lids is gone though s***

SUTER!!
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#50 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,822 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

Just enjoy this everyone.

#NOMOREKINDL

#51 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

I thought this was seven? Lidstrom, Kronwall, Stuart, White, Ericsson, Commodore, Kindl

Unless you're including Janik. Janik will not be on the team, I can guarantee you that.

They're assuming Smith will make the team out of camp. But with this move he's probably gonna have to stay in G.R. another season.

#52 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

So I take it that means Smith will have another year of development. Which is good, I didn't think his defensive game was NHL ready.

#53 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

They're assuming Smith will make the team out of camp. But with this move he's probably gonna have to stay in G.R. another season.

Yeah there was definitely no chance of this ever happening despite Holland's comments about how ready it was. Last time a Red Wings prospect only played one or less years in the AHL was Zetterberg.

Might as well let him put up 15 goals, 50 points in the AHL then be a contender for the Calder the year after.

#54 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

About 6.5 Give or take.

According to Cap Geek the Wings have $7,045,455 left. That includes 22 players on the roster:
--14 Forwards (including Mursak and Emmerton, noting that the Wings are rumoured to be looking for a trade involving Hudler)
--7 Defense (including Kindl as the 7th man)
--1 Goaltender

If they do end up moving Hudler the cap space will jump back up to $9,920,455.

If Holland is able to get one of the as-of-yet unsigned RFA defencemen (Yandle please) he'll move Kindl and use Commie as an affordable 7th d-man.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#55 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: nice :)

#56 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

Not all that knowledgable about him. Glad to see we signed someone, and people seem to think it's a bargain, so cool. Doesn't sound like he's anything to put us over the top, but if it pushes Big E down the depth chart I'm okay with it. Thumbs up, Holland!

EDIT: I don't think Holland is still looking for another defenseman. Unless he's planning on moving some people. Hopefully he still grabs a forward. I imagine he won't spend up to the cap. There's just not enough available and that gives him wiggle room at the deadline.

But how much space do you all think he'll leave? If we have 7 million, 1.5 for a backup, 4 for a scorer? Any reliable scorers that cost around 4?

Edited by VM1138, 02 July 2011 - 03:57 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#57 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Backup goalie? :blink:

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#58 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dOsStVT35g

Just enjoy this everyone.

:thumbup: Enjoyable. :thumbup:
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#59 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Whoops, my bad. Seven it is. I'm counting Smith as the first call-up, so Janik is number 9 in my books.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#60 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

According to Cap Geek the Wings have $7,045,455 left. That includes 22 players on the roster:
--14 Forwards (including Mursak and Emmerton, noting that the Wings are rumoured to be looking for a trade involving Hudler)
--7 Defense (including Kindl as the 7th man)
--1 Goaltender

If they do end up moving Hudler the cap space will jump back up to $9,920,455.

If Holland is able to get one of the as-of-yet unsigned RFA defencemen (Yandle please) he'll move Kindl and use Commie as an affordable 7th d-man.

I fully expect there is a 0% chance of this happening now that he signed White, but if he were able to bring Yandle here, good god...

Lidstrom - Yandle
Kronwall - Stuart
White - Commodore

That would be nothing short of incredible.

EDIT: Haha, woops, I completely forgot about Ericsson. Obviously he's in for Commodore.

Edited by Agalloch93, 02 July 2011 - 03:59 PM.