• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Heaten

Brett Lebda traded to Nashville

Rate this topic

That's a very, very good trade for Toronto (for once). Especially if Lombardi's healthy next season.

They basically dump Lebda and get a huge upgrade in Franson.

Nashville simply got robbed here. Were they too cheap to pay Lombardi on IR or what? And in return, the Preds got Slaney, who looks like he might be a career minor-leaguer.

Doesn't make any sense. If good trade are this easy, Kenny should give Poile a call.

A Howard/Rinne Tandem for Hudler and a 4rth looks great to me;)

it'd be all rofling until it was confirmed and then you'd see heads rolling down your street.

guarantee he'll get his only goal against us.

that crap always seems to happen. <_<

LOL, on his 1st shift!

Guest echos myron

The Predators have a ton of depth on defense. Wouldn't be surprised if they waived Lebda.

I'm still trying to figure out what the Leafs were thinking when they got him, and what the Preds were thinking when they picked him up.

I kind of feel bad for him. I never liked him on the Wings, but he was one of us, so I cheered him on. It must really suck to go from "Stanley Cup Champion" to "on waivers awaiting buy-out".

So basically they gave up Cody Franson and Matt Lombardi for a prospect that will never make the team, they have to pay Lebda $1mil to not play, and if Lombardi does not play 60 games over the next 2 seasons they have to give the Leafs a 4th rounder. I hope this sends a message to their guys and around the league that they are not serious about putting a winning team on the ice. I kinda feel for Barry Trotz. He probably could be a Stanley Cup winning coach if he was on almost any other team.

I'm still trying to figure out what the Leafs were thinking when they got him, and what the Preds were thinking when they picked him up.

So basically they gave up Cody Franson and Matt Lombardi for a prospect that will never make the team, they have to pay Lebda $1mil to not play, and if Lombardi does not play 60 games over the next 2 seasons they have to give the Leafs a 4th rounder. I hope this sends a message to their guys and around the league that they are not serious about putting a winning team on the ice. I kinda feel for Barry Trotz. He probably could be a Stanley Cup winning coach if he was on almost any other team.

it was basically a salary dump from the preds perspective. they didnt want to pay lombardi the $7million he is owed, so to entice the leafs to take him, they gave away Franson and took Lebda back.

Guest Crymson

You know, it would not surprise me. Unfortunately. Sigh.

Yeah, because Kenny is the worst GM in the world, right? Because he'd do something this stupid, right?

No, wait. Why would this not surprise you? It'd be a terrible move. Kenny is not an imbecile and has no history of doing this sort of thing. I can only think that this is yet another insensible criticism of Holland.

Yeah, because Kenny is the worst GM in the world, right? Because he'd do something this stupid, right?

No, wait. Why would this not surprise you? It'd be a terrible move. Kenny is not an imbecile and has no history of doing this sort of thing. I can only think that this is yet another insensible criticism of Holland.

What sort of thing?

92345900.jpg.8147.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1257677178

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Crymson

What sort of thing?

92345900.jpg.8147.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1257677178

When one of your scorers takes you to arbitration, thus delaying you for a month, during which time all of the good free-agent forwards are signed, and then bolts for Russia, what do you do? You sign the guys who are still available. Williams was one of the few, and he had scored 20 goals in the prior season.

Nice try.

When one of your scorers takes you to arbitration, thus delaying you for a month, during which time all of the good free-agent forwards are signed, and then bolts for Russia, what do you do? You sign the guys who are still available. Williams was one of the few, and he had scored 20 goals in the prior season.

Nice try.

Holland traded him in 2007 because he knew that Williams was a soft, lazy player. He freaking traded him for Kyle Calder for pete's sake.

Re-signing him was as dumb a move as Holland has made.

Holland traded him in 2007 because he knew that Williams was a soft, lazy player. He freaking traded him for Kyle Calder for pete's sake.

Re-signing him was as dumb a move as Holland has made.

Williams was a cheap scorer who had been far more successful both in Detroit his first go and after leaving than he was the year he came back. It was a good move up front which simply didn't pan out. I am willing to bet that he has a resurgent season this year; he turns 31 this week and so he still has plenty of mileage.

Williams is also a much better player than Lebda; Lebda is a weak third-pair defenseman while Williams was a top-six forward. It's not at all the same situation.

I can see Chicago making a move for him to replace Campbell, though on the hype he apparently carries.