• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

Saw this on Facebook from Detroit Sports Nation, not sure how credible they are with rumors:

Detroit Sports Nation
Little bit of Red Wings rumor news to pass along your way...some believe they are kicking the tires on Chris Drury, who was recently bought out by the Rangers. The 34 year old was the captain of the Rangers for the past 3 seasons. Thoughts?

EDIT: Can a mod fix the spelling of Drury's name, guess that's what happens when you are trying to type fast and don't proofread

Edited by Greatness=PavelDatsyuk, 03 July 2011 - 12:20 PM.

Posted Image

#2 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

No thanks imo.

#3 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

Declining way too fast, the team already has an abundance of bottom 6 talent. No.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#4 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

I dunno...I guess it's good for depth. I don't really care if it's on a one year basis.

Here's my complaint though. I love the Wings, but these "filler" players are becoming annoying. At first I understood that it was due to the salary cap, but as time goes on and it seems to be affecting us more and taking up more roster space, I'm a little less convinced. Particularly given the cap space we now have.

Players like Bertuzzi, Hudler, Miller (because he's redundant, not because he's useless) and (sadly, as of recently) Holmstrom. These are players that don't necessarily hurt the roster, but they're not actively helping us win. It feels like they're just...there. They adequately fill a roster spot, and as is so important to Holland, we haven't over-paid them.

I understand that this won't change this season, so why not add another one in Drury? But after the contracts of Bertuzzi, Holmstrom and Hudler are up, I want them all gone. And if we sign Drury, I want him gone too. (Sorry to Holmstrom, who is one of my favorite Wings of the past decade, but it's time to retire.)

Those are my hopes for next off-season. And I will be so pissed if Drury screws that up.

Edited by Zetts, 03 July 2011 - 12:33 PM.

#5 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

NO!!!!

#6 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

for a 1-1.5mil im totally down. could boost the hell out of the PK

#7 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

He should have chosen baseball instead of hockey. He was pretty good at it as a child.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#8 Franzenisgod

Franzenisgod

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

for a 1-1.5mil im totally down. could boost the hell out of the PK

Agreed. Chris Drury used to be a wings killer
Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time! - Mickey Redmond

#9 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Saw this on Facebook from Detroit Sports Nation, not sure how credible they are with rumors:

EDIT: Can a mod fix the spelling of Drury's name, guess that's what happens when you are trying to type fast and don't proofread

I'd love to sign him to a one or two year deal. He's great defensively still. He'd also enable Hank or Val to move to the wing.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Hudler-Drury-Cleary
Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves
Mursak
Miller

#10 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

If we trade Hudler, and it's cheap, sure. Otherwise, no not worth it. This isn't the same Drury who scored huge goals for Colorado and Buffalo. He's all heart and soul, but unless it's the right situation I'd pass.

#NOMOREKINDL

#11 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

nope

#12 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

I dunno...I guess it's good for depth. I don't really care if it's on a one year basis.

Here's my complaint though. I love the Wings, but these "filler" players are becoming annoying. At first I understood that it was due to the salary cap, but as time goes on and it seems to be affecting us more and taking up more roster space, I'm a little less convinced. Particularly given the cap space we now have.

Yes. I was a fan of them a few years ago, and even the Modano signing, but so far all our young guys are shaping up to be bottom 6 guys. We have a LOT of depth in this way. THe problem last year was a lack of a consistent, reliable scorer outside of Zetterberg and Datsyuk due to injuries and bad seasons by individuals. If we add any forward, it needs to be a Top 6, reliable scorer, not a declining vet who might pot a few on and off throughout the year.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#13 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

As long as Hudler would be gone and we picked him up for only a year at a million or less(he is getting money from the buyout) I wouldn't mind it. If he can stay healthy its a great addition, if not Mursak/Emmerton get more playing time.

Posted Image

#14 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:19 PM

Nothing against Drury,but would rather take Konopka at this point.Solid at PK,good fighter and even better faceoff guy

#15 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

why do u gotta try to turn the joe louis into a retirement home kenny????

#16 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Agreed. Chris Drury used to be a wings killer

He used to drive me nuts, watching him play against us when he was with the Avs. If we got him, I'd love to think he still had some of that piss-ant attitude.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#17 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

I would take him in a heartbeat, but I don't know enough about what's going on with him health wise to say "we should definitely go after him". Does anybody know how bad his knee is? Would he miss the first few months of the season?

#18 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

We don't need another streaky scorer. Isn't his knee shot to s*** anyway?

#19 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Lol we got 7 mill cap space, and hollands lookin into drury rofl this had to be a bad dream.

Posted Image

#20 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

Kenny, please stay away from him, like you would the "friendly" girl at the bar with the "cold sore" on her mouth...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.