• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ozzie30

Heatley for Havlat swap

Rate this topic

Well, Minnesota is cold and is not a contender. The Sharks are definitely getting better with the addition of Burns and now with this trade (although Setogucci certainly will be missed).

I'd say that this worked out pretty Neatly for Havlat.

I see what you did there...

Why isn't Kenny making a push for guys like these? I mean im not against what he is doing but i think it would be awesome to see another talent come in via trade, and perhaps we will see one. :S

It looked like they wanted a trade with comparable salaries. Only guys that would fit with on the Wings would be Datysuk, Zetterberg, or Lidstrom. Otherwise, it would have to be made up with a bunch of other guys. Wouldn't work too well either way.

Well, Minnesota is cold and is not a contender. The Sharks are definitely getting better with the addition of Burns and now with this trade (although Setogucci certainly will be missed).

I'd say that this worked out pretty Neatly for Havlat.

Nicely played sir.

I agree the Sharks are getting better but let's see how the team plays together. I think they were a contender and this coming up year are going to be a forced to reckon with.

Yeah, I'll take the GM that wins cups, not the GM who has never even gotten to the finals.

While I generally agree with you on principle, the two being compared have differences with "time in the role."

That and Kenny basically said during many-an-interview that he inherited a team that was built for success in 98.

Notwithstanding the above, he has managed to be the best GM post-lockout by far, and has led the organization to success from his position all the way down to the ice-groomer.

Now if we were comparing Babs to Lindy Ruff there would be a plausable argument.

Just told this to my Brother-in-law, who's a huge Sharks fan. He wasn't to sure about it yet. He said he heard the Sharks were trying to clear cap room so they could make an offer to Stamkos. Not sure I believe him.

San Jose got some cap relief out of this plus Heatley has basically been a playoff no-show for a couple of seasons. When you dish out that amount of money to a player, as a GM you'd like some post-season production.

While Havlat won't get you the same amount of goals as Heatley, IMO he's a better playmaker.

He's tired of being being a disappointment in the playoffs.

He won't have to worry about that in Minny.

Ryan

Haha yeah the Minnesota fans won't be jumping on his back for not producing in the playoffs that's for sure...

San Jose got worse, but it won't affect them vs. Detroit since Heatley is usually a non-factor anyways against us.

Havlat was a beast against the Wings, though IIRC.

I agree with you, though. Not sure why everyone is saying San Jose got much better. Burns is good, but they lose a 30-40 goal scorer in Heatley and a clutch role guy in Divin Setoguchi. Havlat is good, but not as good as Heatley.

Havlat was a beast against the Wings, though IIRC.

I agree with you, though. Not sure why everyone is saying San Jose got much better. Burns is good, but they lose a 30-40 goal scorer in Heatley and a clutch role guy in Divin Setoguchi. Havlat is good, but not as good as Heatley.

Easy fix to that..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTlPDkUbRco

:ph34r::hehe:

Simple. Heatley is happy that he can go somewhere he can be the Hero.

Minnesota has had scary good goaltending since Roloson/Fernandez. With Backstrom/Harding, they're still scary good in the net. Defenceman are still at least half-assed, even with Burns gone.

Havlat hasn't been the same player since Kronwall ended him. Perhaps playing with Thornton/Pavelski/Marleau will turn him around.

looking now for Minnesota to roll up this year in the still-weak Northwest. I think they take Nashville's traditional 7th or 8th spot this year.