• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ozzie30

Heatley for Havlat swap

Rate this topic

i've always kind of liked Havlat, even when he was on the Blackhawks. But I must say, my rooting for him cannot continue with him on the Sharks. As a player I've always thought he has great potential but injuries have always short-circuited that. Kind of a gamble for SJ but I can see him fitting in there nicely, unfortunately.

Why isn't Kenny making a push for guys like these? I mean im not against what he is doing but i think it would be awesome to see another talent come in via trade, and perhaps we will see one. :S

The Wings don't have value like this to trade, and we also wouldn't pay 7.5 for Heatley, it's a bad deal.

10 teams that will probably not make the playoffs

Columbus

St. Louis

Edmonton

Winnipeg

Florida

Ottawa

Toronto

Islanders

Minnesota

Phoenix

(8) Teams that might make the playoffs

Chicago

Calgary

Colorado

Anaheim

Dallas

Carolina

Rangers

New Jersey

(12)teams that almost certainly will make the playoffs

Detroit

Nashville

Vancouver

Los Angeles

San Jose

Washington

Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

Philadelphia

Montreal

Boston

Buffalo

It must be about more than who will make the playoffs because IMO, there are only 10 teams including Minny that have zero chance of making the playoffs. He may think that Minny has a better chance than say Calgary...

So the Sharks have dumped Setoguchi and Heatly and gotten in return Havlat and Brent Burns. Are you kidding me? IMO they have gotten worse not better.

Agree, Burns played horrible after the all star break last season and I read somewhere the Wild were concerned about his concussion issues. Heatly reminds me of our own "power forward" Franzen, lots of size but doesn't use it to their advantage.

Disappointment in the off-season wheeling and dealing in haiku form.

A rival gets better

The Sharks, I mean, not Minny

I miss contending.

:(

They dumped a guy who will more than likely score 35+ goals for a guy that has never broken 80 points or 30 and averages 60~ games a season. Offensively the Sharks have taken a pretty large step backwards. As I have heard other say, the only way people can say the Sharks got better was through addition by subtraction. IE that Heater was s*** in the locker room and that because hes gone they have better moral.

I'm pumped for Mikko. They guy's finally got some good snipers to play with him. Brunette was good as well, but Miettinen was horrible. Setoguchi might already be better than Brunette and we all know what kinda scorer Heatley can be.

Expect Koivu to have a career year with at least point per game.

Guest blueadams

there's more to this trade...

how much less does havlat make than heatley...

what FA does that enable SJ to go after...

Disappointment in the off-season wheeling and dealing in haiku form.

A rival gets better

The Sharks, I mean, not Minny

I miss contending.

:(

Lol. Find another team then. Your pessimism is downright pathetic.

Lol. Find another team then. Your pessimism is downright pathetic.

After 25 years, I don't think I can do it. The Kool-Aid has got to be pretty yummy, because for me it seems like the Wings' window to win a cup is finally closing after all these years. I'm sorry if I demand a better team than you do. What's the point of losing in the second round every year now?

The Red Wings need more than a tweaking to get better. They need creativity and thinking outside the box.

The Sharks didn't even need Heatley to beat us and now they have a better playoff performer in his position. Getting rid of Heatley is adding through subtraction. I'm not saying we should have gotten Havlat or Heatley, but the team right now isn't good enough to win a round in the playoffs. Doug Wilson knows his team isn't good enough as it is either, and that's why he pulled the deal.

We have added Ian White and Mike Commodore to replace Rafalski and Salei. That's barely a sideways transaction. After defending Kenny for a long while on the whole "Kenny's got a masterplan" idea, I'm finally sick of it. I don't see the masterplan. I don't even see an assistant coach to replace either MacLean or McCrimmon.

Do you think the Wings have improved after two consecutive second round losses? I don't. It used to be the power play was the enforcer. Now, without Rafalski and with Lidstrom a year older, I'm not sure that it will be.

I don't see the succession plan that gave us Yzerman-Shanahan-Fedorov to Lidstrom-Datsyuk-Zetterberg. Either through the draft or through trade, we haven't added a single elite player close to his prime since Hossa left. When Lidstrom retires after this year, are we really comfortable with Kronwall-White-Kindl-Stuart-Ericsson-Smith/Commodore?

The 1998-2002 Grind line would crush the s*** out of us, and it wasn't because they were highly paid or locked in to long-term deals, or were superstar goaltender's brothers. It because they were mean bastards who would outwork and outskate you. There was also an element of "I don't want to go into the corner against that guy" with McCarty. We have none of that right now. We have guys who skate fast and have fewer hits than they did the year before. Wow, how intimidating.

The bottom line is that top to bottom, this might be the worst Wings team to take to the ice since 1991. And with proper foreplanning, it didn't have to be this way.

You could at least make it a proper haiku if you're gonna be a debbie downer.

I miscounted, like

Kenny when giving out

Doug Janik's 'young' age.

DebbieDowner1.jpg

My first thought when I read this was, "Two s***s that pass in the night."

Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day.

After 25 years, I don't think I can do it. The Kool-Aid has got to be pretty yummy, because for me it seems like the Wings' window to win a cup is finally closing after all these years. I'm sorry if I demand a better team than you do. What's the point of losing in the second round every year now?

Well, since mj said it...

Stop posting here if you are going to keep whining about the gloom and doom of the Wings. You can make an honest discussion about the Wings' future without sounding like a baby.

"The bottom line is that top to bottom, this might be the worst Wings team to take to the ice since 1991. "

One of the most moronic statements ever made.

Let me know how straight talent worked for Detroit in 95, 96, 01, 03. It's about structure, and the Wings were a single game away (don't forget about the injuries and s***ty luck the Wings dealt with in round 2) from making it to the conference finals.

You aren't sounding like a realist. You are sounding like a straight up pessimist.

WOW!!!! Big Move. I think San Jose will get the better end of this one. I'll say why because San Jose gets rid of Heatley and they cleared out a lot of cap space. I am thinking they may go after Doughty or Stamkos.

Edited by IllinoisRedWingsFan